utorrent_logo.png

?Torrent is an efficient and feature rich BitTorrent client for Windows sporting a very small footprint. It was designed to use as little cpu, memory and space as possible while offering all the functionality expected from advanced clients. With ?Torrent, you can download files faster and contribute by sharing files and bandwidth. Additionally, ?Torrent supports the Protocol Encryption joint specification (compatible with Azureus 2.4.0.0 and above, BitComet 0.63 and above)

and peer exchange.

Changelog:

• Fix: Compelete pending Disk operations before automatically shutting down
  • Fix: Don't exceed the upload limit with overhead when calc_overhead is on
  • Fix: Point uT at correct help url.
  • Change: Improve downloading/uploading performance with mixed-mode TCP and uTP
  • Change: Improve torrent gray out by also graying out progress bar when stopped by scheduler
  • Change: Disable net.calc_overhead by default
  • Fix: Don't gray out force started torrents when scheduler has stopped other torrents
  • Fix: Compatibility with old skins
  • Change: Use different icon for disabled RSS feed
  • Fix: Sharpen icon edges

souricon.gif News source: Official website

softicon.gif Download: ?Torrent 2.0

Doesn't it bother anyone else this software was bought by the MPAA?
PeerFactor SARL

On March 4, 2006, PeerFactor SARL announced the signing of a six-month contract with Strigeus for the development of "new content distribution applications on the Web."[10] PeerFactor SARL is a relatively new company formed by former employees of PeerFactor, which was a subsidiary of the French anti-piracy organization Retspan.

Ludde stated that his coding for PeerFactor SARL was to use his expertise at optimization of the BitTorrent protocol to create a .dll which PeerFactor SARL intended to use as part of a distribution platform for files in a corporate setting.[11] At the time there was some speculation that μTorrent may have been modified to spy on users on Peerfactor's behalf,[12][10] however to date (even following μTorrent's acquisition by BitTorrent, Inc.) no evidence has been produced to support these allegations.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/%CE%9CTorrent#PeerFactor_SARL

I'd like to switch to deluge, but it doesn't work right on windows 7 x64.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/halite/files/

Ugh, how many times does it have to be said: uTorrent was NOT bought by the MPAA.

uTorrent was bought by Bittorrent Inc. but is still mainly developed by the same guy, the MPAA had nothing to do with it.

What you're getting confused about is Bittorrent Inc. building custom torrent software for (embedded) legal torrent distribution by a firm who has dealt with the MPAA in the past. Talk about overblowing the situation.

Isn't it upgradeable via client?

vgzKo.jpg

Go to Tools -> Preferences -> General. Check "Upgrade to beta versions". It should let it upgrade to RC.

(I myself haven't tried this.)

What does bother me is completely uninformed FUD like this post.