OPM gives Heavy Rain 9 in world-first review & other reviews

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw it reported on serveral sites last year or in 2008 that Sony was thinking about either porting it to VAIO's or the Chinese PC market.

Regardless, none of us will be playing it. Well, cept you PS3 guys :D

I could be wrong, but I'm pretty sure I saw it reported on serveral sites last year or in 2008 that Sony was thinking about either porting it to VAIO's or the Chinese PC market.

Regardless, none of us will be playing it. Well, cept you PS3 guys :D

Bingo, 100% wrong.

Not meant as offence buddy but trust me GT5 is going nowhere but the PS3 :p Or if you're a Forza/Xbox 360 fan GT5 is a PS4 launch title ;)

Think it will get a fair few 7 and 8's, depends from what site who reviews the game, being such a different experience are you either going to get someone who thinks it deserves it on merit and for being a solid game, or someone who thinks okay merit for being different but I'd of preferred an FPS with aliens.

Although I do think sites try without bias to let people review that at least have somewhat of an interest in the genre/style.

I predict a 6 or 7 from Edge Magazine

I predict a 6 or 7 from Edge Magazine

Nah Edge seem to favour games that challenge the concept of gaming itself and push boundaries.

They gave Demons Souls 9 because it done what the **** it wanted to do without copying what everything else in the gaming industry was doing at the same time.

I think it will do well in Edge, 8, maybe even a 9 if the actual story is good.

I really wish this was going to be ported to the PC :(

I just can't afford a PS3 right now to play this or some of the other games coming out these days. Kinda sucks that Sony system games are rarely if ever brought over to the PC anymore. (not that they did many in the old days either lol)

XBox games come to PC often because it's very very easy to port. Because XBox uses DirectX, developers can basically have a game that can run on PC or on XBox with a few compiler settings changed.

Definitely looking forward to it.

I was going to get the special edition from HMV till I saw the contents and the cardboard nature of the packaging, back to the normal one for me.

Nah Edge seem to favour games that challenge the concept of gaming itself and push boundaries.

They gave Demons Souls 9 because it done what the **** it wanted to do without copying what everything else in the gaming industry was doing at the same time.

I think it will do well in Edge, 8, maybe even a 9 if the actual story is good.

That Demon Souls money hat still paying the bills I see. :p

• Like 1

That Demon Souls money hat still paying the bills I see. :p

It'll keep on paying till you peasants start picking it up. Neowin fo shame on the DS front.

Got your PM by the way, I'll check out your B class podcast later :p

OPM gives a big PS3 exclusive a 9? Get outta here. Should be an interesting title for sure. I suspect we will see mid 7s average on metacritic for this QTE game.

OPM gives a big PS3 exclusive a 9? Get outta here. Should be an interesting title for sure. I suspect we will see mid 7s average on metacritic for this QTE game.

/facepalm

Past game Indigo Propechy/Fahrenheit scored pretty well

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/xbx/fahrenheit

http://www.metacritic.com/games/platforms/pc/fahrenheit

This looks to be leaps and bounds better, not to mention take itself far more seriously.

Serious question: What exactly do you DO in the game? I can't seem to figure it out.

Is it kind of like Shenmue?

There is a serial killer in the game, the Origami killer, who's kidnapping and murdering children, all 4 characters are somehow tied into trying to find this person. The main focus seems to be on Ethan Mars though, Cage has already said a large part of the game is the focus on a fathers love for his son.

From Cage himself

"Heavy Rain is about normal people who have landed in extraordinary situations. I wanted a much more personal story. The first thing that came to my mind, as a father of two little boys, was that the main theme should simply be a father's love for his son. This is not a game about saving the princess or the world. Its [sic] purely about a father's love. The main story will revolve around four different characters, and we're putting the spotlight on their perceptions. The question 'what is good and what is evil' is the key here, that will be just a matter of viewpoint...I believe heavily in moral choices, I'm going to use them A LOT. They're not about being good or bad, but about finding the right balance."

Every slightly-big PS3 games a bundle version these days, that shouldn't come as a surprise.

Just glad it is for this game though, as I think it's going to be a challenging title to market so if at the time buyer x is in retail looking for a deal and can get a 250GB PS3 with HR virtually for free it means he'll/she'll get to try it out where as they might never of considered it standalone.

Plus usually when people see a new game as a bundle they perceive the game as being "big/worthwhile/something to look at".

In a dying genre, adventure (point n click), mixed with a serious story, mixed with no guns/mp/shooting/blood and gore, the game needs all the support it can get.

Journalists receiving the copies...

Heavy Rain arrives, unboxed pics

heavyrainbox.jpg

heavyrainorigami.jpg

heavyrainpaper6.jpg

Sony has sent out Heavy Rain to the media and it comes packed in a nice little package. Stuffed with a newspaper, character information and pictures on a postcard, and even a piece of origami from the Origami Killer. When you first open the shoebox, pictured left, a creepy voice asks the question: "Are you prepared to suffer to save your son?"

We have taken pictures of all the contents of the box to share with you. If you have any requests of other pictures of the box contents, ask below and we'll do our best to accommodate your request in a timely fashion.

More pictures at link: http://www.examiner.com/x-12218-Video-Game-Examiner~y2010m1d27-Heavy-Rain-arrives-unboxing-pics

Damn, that was pretty good. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time.

You can see it here in GT HD which is better than youtube.

Heavy Rain gets 91% score from GamesMaster

Another Heavy Rain review is in from magazine land - and this time it's GamesMaster's turn to heap praise on the title.

The mag gives the game a 91 per cent score, complimenting the title for being 'incredibly original... unlike anything else out there'.

<br clear="all"> It adds: 'The atmosphere is incredible - full of driving rain (which becomes central to the plot), fizzing neon lights, dank apartments and warehouses. It's a dark noir game, not a bright adventure.'

The title is granted a coveted GamesMaster Gold Award.

The review comes after Official PlayStation magazine granted the game 9/10.

Source: http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=233010