OPM gives Heavy Rain 9 in world-first review & other reviews

Because it does something few other games do; try something new - It's not your run of the mill pew-pew arcade shooter.

So if you can't see the exciting in an interactive movie, a cinematic experience you can immerse yourself in, then avoid it.

Did AudioBoxer hack your account to type that?

So can someone point me to an article or trailer for this game that is meant to capture or captivate me?

I just dont get all the hype, ive viewed the E3 trailer and read through some posts on this and okay it sounds like an interesting story but theres plenty of games with good stories out there, why is this getting so much attention?

I got one better, try downloading the demo (if you haven't already). I've got mixed feelings based on the demo about this game, it looks beautiful and is nothing like anything I've played before (Y) BUT the controls I find are awkward and well get frustrating for me after awhile. It's essentially an interactive movie but quite well executed and if you can tolerate the controls it's worth a look. That is my 2 cents, take with grain of salt.

Did AudioBoxer hack your account to type that?

laugh.gif

I've mixed feelings too. I commend the direction and ambition of the title, but I still can't decide whether I'd enjoy it. I still have the demo to try, so maybe that will sway me.

I am struggling here...trying to decide if I should dump $60 on this or wait to buy it when it's a classic title. I would rent it, but our local movie place went out of business. I am itching for a new game to buy. That, or I am just impatient and I am waiting for the damn new maps for MW2.

I am struggling here...trying to decide if I should dump $60 on this or wait to buy it when it's a classic title. I would rent it, but our local movie place went out of business. I am itching for a new game to buy. That, or I am just impatient and I am waiting for the damn new maps for MW2.

I'd just wait, seems like one of those "For a rainy day" ( no pun intended ) titles and they are rarely worth the premium price in my book.

I'd just wait, seems like one of those "For a rainy day" ( no pun intended ) titles and they are rarely worth the premium price in my book.

I think you are right. I just picked up fallout 3 today, so I am set for a couple months.

I'm trading in MW2 at HMV for ?25 store credit, so Heavy Rain should work out at around ?15 for me :) I'm only losing a quid as I bought MW2 on release day for ?26 :P

I said in this thread I wouldn't be getting the game unless I won it and guess what :laugh:

Okay, I didn't win it but a friend did through a Danish gaming community and he doesn't own a PS3 so guess who he's sending it to me once it arrives :woot:

I said in this thread I wouldn't be getting the game unless I won it and guess what :laugh:

Okay, I didn't win it but a friend did through a Danish gaming community and he doesn't own a PS3 so guess who he's sending it to once it arrives :woot:

I won't be getting this game either, unless I won a PS3, the game, and, hey, a nice 55" LCD. *crosses fingers* :p

I'm trading in MW2 at HMV for ?25 store credit, so Heavy Rain should work out at around ?15 for me :) I'm only losing a quid as I bought MW2 on release day for ?26 :p

Nice deal you're getting there. Can't complain getting a new game for ?15. :)

Does anyone know how HMV are with getting a game to you on release day?

Last game I pre-ordered from them I got on release day. That was ages ago (GTA IV), but I assume pre-orders will be dispatched to arrive on day of release. Whenever I've pre-ordered CDs I've had a few of them come the Saturday before release. :)

I'm trading in MW2 at HMV for ?25 store credit, so Heavy Rain should work out at around ?15 for me :) I'm only losing a quid as I bought MW2 on release day for ?26 :p

HMV allow trade ins?

**** yeah.

MW2 and my HMV ?10 gift voucher getting put to use this Friday. I'll go into Glasgow and get it. Does anyone know if the special edition will be sold in store as well? Wouldn't mind the free DLC if I can trade in MW2.

HMV allow trade ins?

**** yeah.

MW2 and my HMV ?10 gift voucher getting put to use this Friday. I'll go into Glasgow and get it. Does anyone know if the special edition will be sold in store as well? Wouldn't mind the free DLC if I can trade in MW2.

HI GAV!

HI GAV!

:)

psinsider.de reported, that a patch for Heavy Rain was released. This patch has a size of 226MB. What changes or bug fixes will be corrected is unknown.

But psinsider.de says that some lags at the begin of the game no longer occurred. But if this is a result of the patch is not sure.

http://n4g.com/ps3/News-479630.aspx

Pretty heft patch for day 1 but hey if it fixes **** BEFORE I start playing then have stuff ruining the game I guess I can put up with it....

Also Gamespot 8.5/10 with video review.

HMV allow trade ins?

**** yeah.

Yeah, they call it the "re/play" system, it's odd. Hopefully they're still offering ?25 for MW2... They were last week and I'll find out tomorrow!

that's what im thinking, i don't think it's worth the 60 bucks canadian for it

Well I'm going into town to physically pick this up from HMV on Friday hope they have special edition in stores, but not too bothered if they don't, getting some cash back from MW2 is what I want most, and I need to use that gift voucher which can't be used online.

My GF is coming along, so we'll go for a meal after that, but I then had the dilemma,

a) Gaming

b) That night

A is covered because she is a gamer ;) 360 owner, so she wouldn't mind me playing the game that night. Then my next dilemma hit though, PS3 game :o However it's all good she played Fahrenheit and loved it so is now excited to see Heavy Rain as she had no idea it was by the same creators.

So I get to play Heavy Rain all friday night whilst she watches, here's hoping I get to the nakey madison scenes that night :p

Mine was sent too (from HMV). My guess would be a Thursday. Hopefully i'll have Bayonetta finished by then :)

Then after Heavy Rain there is Final Fantasy XIII, Yakuza 3 and then Just Cause 2. Going to be a good few weeks.