• Mac
    • Linux
    • Gaming
    • Editorial
    • Software
    • Hardware
    • Gadgets
    • Industry News

Just wanted some feedback from the members who do read the front page news, what do you want to see more of?

Multiple choice poll.

Windows, Mac(more of apple actually), Software, Gadgets and Industry News.

Right now, the front page is loaded with news. So I'm quite happy already.

Right now, the front page is loaded with news. So I'm quite happy already.

(Y) good to hear :D

Not a lot of Linux love here then? Would love some more Linux and GNU related news, although obviously this might not be desired given the bias of the site towards Windows (not that its a bad thing, it is after all Neowin!).

Personally some developer news might be nice too (Visual Studio, .NET, Mono, Web Technologies, etc), but thats just me :)

I find your lack of 'Gaming' news disturbing. :)

Honestly, I think that more relevant news for each section is needed. The site has many news at the moment (Quantity is important, too), but some of them aren't relevant enough to appear on the front page. The most important news for each section should be on the front page. In my opinion, this is the main issue with the news posted.

Regarding specific sections, I would say that Neowin needs more Editorials, and also, news on Gaming, Gadgets, and Hardware.

It was relevant to the tech world and therefore relevant news for the site.

I agree with you. It isn't often that news including both religion and tech surface, anyways.

Edited by CrownedClown03

Maybe it would be possible to implement an incentive in the form of reputation points, or similar, to persuade people to submit more news? And perhaps subscriber[up]2[/up] status as a reward for a certain number of quality submissions featured on the frontpage. Would be great to see more linux/hardware/infosec news stories.

I'd like to see more hardware/gadget content, and more Editorials. Perhaps Neowin can broaden its scope and expand on its hardware content, where it writes in-depth, comprehensive reviews on hardware products and consumer electronics.

. Perhaps Neowin can broaden its scope and expand on its hardware content, where it writes in-depth, comprehensive reviews on hardware products and consumer electronics.

I kinda don't agree with that, there's enough hardware review sites already.

But I do want to insist on the editorials and what tensegrity suggests is a good idea, the only way to get more nice original content is incentives! I'm pretty sure giving out a couple of subscriber badges or some sort of reward like a badge "unofficial news poster" etc.