• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

New Powermac specs on Apple Web store

Gary_Player    0

WTF?!?!?! Did someone jump the gun or what? Theres no G5s anywhere...no PowerPC processors...no 2ghz G4s...and they're all still too GD expencive...

Tim Dorr    0

I just want to know the price!!! I'm like soooooo waiting with CC in-hand...

kryptonik    0
WTF?!?!?! Did someone jump the gun or what? Theres no G5s anywhere...no PowerPC processors...no 2ghz G4s...and they're all still too GD expencive...

They took the specs within 5 minutes of posting them.

Chad    0
I just want to know the price!!! I'm like soooooo waiting with CC in-hand...

Yes a price would be sweet. The question is, do I go wild and sell my powermac for one of these G5s, or not. Gah the choices!!

Dazzla    5

My money is ready and waiting. I doubt I'd be able to afford the dual 2GHz :( so it's either 1.6 or 1.8. The inclusion of PCI-X is a bit suspisious isn't it? There no cards for it and it's not planned to be in x86 mobo's for ages :s

NETknightX    0
My money is ready and waiting. I doubt I'd be able to afford the dual 2GHz :( so it's either 1.6 or 1.8. The inclusion of PCI-X is a bit suspisious isn't it? There no cards for it and it's not planned to be in x86 mobo's for ages :s

PCI-X is has already been implemented and used today, especially in business applications, isn't it?

It's PCI Express that'll take a while to come out...

mAcOdIn    1

Always get the two mixed up. One is faster than PCI and backwards compatible.

The other is even faster but not backwards compatible.

So I'm guessing it's PCI-X that is the backwards compatible one since it's the one being included.

Edit: Just wanna add the specs are pretty impressive as well. Hopefully they're true(no reason to believe they're not), cause I am still looking for a notebook, and if they put the new chip in those I know what I'm buying next.

Dazzla    5

Thing is now though, if this was just someone within apple who works on the apple store having a laugh, we're all gonna be disappointed as hell when steve announced G4's at 1.25, 1.42 and 1.6...

salterbomb    0

so what do i do, guys?

should i put my powermac up on ebay right now or wait to see if anything is announced and ready to buy on monday?

Diata    0

sell it salter...

way to go apple...seeing that totally excited me

aristotle-dude    0

According to the guys a spymac a few people called Apple to order the Dual 2 Ghz G5 machines and one of them got "I did not realize we were selling them yet"... then "I'm sorry we are not allowed to discuss unannounced products".

Another person got "I'm not supposed to tell you this but call back on Monday afternoon and we will have those machines for you." :)

Diata    0

looks like monday is going to be a very beautiful day

Gary_Player    0

Just the powermacs or the powerbooks and Ibooks and stuff too?!?!?!? I'd totally get a lil ibook if they put a g4 in them!

BroChaos    1
Holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap, holy ****ing crap.....

my thoughts exactly!

blackice912    0
I'd totally get a lil ibook if they put a g4 in them!

Word!

Fusion    0
According to the guys a spymac a few people called Apple to order the Dual 2 Ghz G5 machines and one of them got "I did not realize we were selling them yet"... then "I'm sorry we are not allowed to discuss unannounced products".

Another person got "I'm not supposed to tell you this but call back on Monday afternoon and we will have those machines for you." :)

I think we should all try to call and see what happens. Has anyone tried this?

Just the powermacs or the powerbooks and Ibooks and stuff too?!?!?!? I'd totally get a lil ibook if they put a g4 in them!

If all you want is a G4, why don't you just get a 12" power book? They are not too much more now than iBooks.

Diata    0

a g4 in an iBook would be awesome...so long as the prices stayed down there

kryptonik    0

I think I'm going to try and call my local Apple store. :yes:

Edit: Info got removed from Mac Rumors

Edited by KrypToniK

Steve    2

F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...i was drooling into my pillow whilst all this was happening!!!! :angry:

Diata    0
F**K!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ...i was drooling into my pillow whilst all this was happening!!!! :angry:

someone may have taken a screenshot of the apple store when the G5s were available

Rivak    0

It looked like this..

post-60-1056096713.jpg

post-60-1056096713.jpg

Diata    0

i meant on neowin...thanks rivak

Knight'    0

jesus, 1ghz FSB!!!!