• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

New Powermac specs on Apple Web store

aaron901    1
what idiot would buy an apple!!! I guess everyone needs to get jacked in there lifetime!

XP Pro sp1

Atlon XP 1800+ (o/c 1667mhz)

Temp 53c-60c

Antec True330 330W

Asus A7V266-e Bios 1011e final

Corsair 512 ddr pc2100

Vision Tek G3 Ti200 (o/c 210/515)

Drivers 40.72

Viewsonic A75f 17in. flat screen

SB Audigy Gamer

Klipsch THX 2.1 200 watts rms

Optimus PRO 135 Headphones

Western Ditigal 20 gig H/D

CD/RW 24x/10x/40x

DVD 16x

CD rom 52x

COM21 DOXport DP1110 Cable Modem :cool:

lol :laugh: the only good thing i see in there is probably the Kilpsch speakers... but 2.1... umm... dude you should have bought the 5.1 model or at least 4.1 ;)

hahaha still can't believe you posted that stupid comment followed by your system specs.. :laugh: you think your AMD is cool heh? you spelled "Athlon" wrong btw. :)

doofy    0
what idiot would buy an apple!!! I guess everyone needs to get jacked in there lifetime!

XP Pro sp1

Temp 53c-60c

Antec True330 330W

Corsair 512 ddr pc2100

Drivers 40.72

SB Audigy Gamer

CD/RW 24x/10x/40x

DVD 16x

CD rom 52x

Dude .. ur temps a little hot, on that cpu !

Remember that mac's use powerPC chips, they are RISC and that pc chips are CISC, which means to the same amount of work on a pc a mac can do it with less cpu power ! whch means that there chips arnt as fast as there pc counterparts

Remember that you've got about the same speed cpu that the g5 will have, but its a 64bit cpu and gonna have at least twice the l2 cache

You got ddr 2100 ddr, the g5 has ddr 3200 ( ddr 400 ) which is slighty quicker !

.. ect !

also a big bit that it also beats ur machine on is that a mac can run OSX !

can i get a amen brothers and sisters

AMEN...

macster    0

Honestly pap64 i was not impressed at all

Go download the latest Detonator pls

Back to topic

Anyone here going to WWDC to watch Steve do his magic?

Obraxis    1

I reserve judjment on this development till we see some performate tests against the equivelent PC systems....

It does look like a powerful Apple though....I bet Mr. Jobs will make u all pay huge amounts of cash for them though. I wouldnt be surprised if the Dual 2Ghz system is over $USD6000.

Pilsbury    0
I reserve judjment on this development till we see some performate tests against the equivelent PC systems....

It does look like a powerful Apple though....I bet Mr. Jobs will make u all pay huge amounts of cash for them though. I wouldnt be surprised if the Dual 2Ghz system is over $USD6000.

The equivalent PC system being what?

Opteron? Itanium?

Neither of those are going to be cheap systems either...

Chad    0
jesus, 1ghz FSB!!!!

Yeah, the FSB is half the speed of the processor on the 970. So the 1.6gig would have the 800fsb, and the dual 2gig would each have 1gig fsb. It's insane.

hoyablue    1

Considering the fact that the G5 is 64bit, the equivalent of such a processor would be beyond the consumer-made Pentium 4's. Moreover, before we can even begin to make benchmarks, we must do so on an OS that is optimized for the 64 bit architecture. And don't say optimizing is cheating, I believe many software products on the PC side were optimized for the Hyperthreading technology that was included with the P4's.

Keeping things fair,

nd

monkey55    0

There isnt any real way of comparing the G5 to a PC, nobody has solid info, but the guys who have been supplying all the rumors on the G5 (mostly correct) think the comparitive clockspeeds are 1.4 Ghz G5 = P4 3 Ghz approx. Then again this is all hearsay, some sites are saying we'll see an improvement of about 1.5 times over the equivalent G4. And apparently the new chips are cheaper than the old ones so we may not see a huge price increase (though i doubt any decreases). Factor in all the new technology showed in the specs. ie/ 1 Ghz FSB etc. and you have a lightning fast Mac.

VGVL    0
...you think your AMD is cool heh?...

Hey, AMD is cool, f00.

I'm looking forward to the PPC970.... I was about to get a Dual G4 1.42Ghz but now I think I will wait....

Dazzla    5

If this is true (which I'm praying it is) then my PC is straight back out of the window again and onto eBay, that along with my saved pennies and I'll get the top end if it's not a stupid price :D

aaron901    1
Hey, AMD is cool, f00.

I'm looking forward to the PPC970.... I was about to get a Dual G4 1.42Ghz but now I think I will wait....

don't be so rude mister. i have nothing against AMD. easy cowboy.

giantsnyy2002    0
If this is true (which I'm praying it is) then my PC is straight back out of the window again and onto eBay, that along with my saved pennies and I'll get the top end if it's not a stupid price :D

i might do the same dazzla...

depending on how much money you get that is (since we have basically identical specs)

Dazzla    5

:blink: damn, we have got identical specs, except for the HD. Freaky stuff :|

hoyablue    1

IF they don't update the PowerBooks too, I'm going to use all my savings and buy the top of the line PowerMac and a 17inch PowerBook. Then, I will rip out the motherboards of each of the computers, and then I will attempt to squeeze the PowerMac processor into the PowerBook. How is that for an encore?

doofy    0

well just compare mac machines with windows machines by using adobe photoshop actions, and some othere programs that are on both platforms... i bet the dual 2 ghz g5 will be one of the fastest computers in these days :D

radioboy    1

Hm... wouldn't IBMs chip be more open (is it PowerPC architechture?) than Motorola's, allowing perhaps... emulation of Mac software (OS X) on an x86 chip?

aaron901    1
IF they don't update the PowerBooks too, I'm going to use all my savings and buy the top of the line PowerMac and a 17inch PowerBook. Then, I will rip out the motherboards of each of the computers, and then I will attempt to squeeze the PowerMac processor into the PowerBook. How is that for an encore?

hahahaha good for you! (Y)

Wickedkitten    12

XP Pro sp1

Temp 53c-60c

Antec True330 330W

Corsair 512 ddr pc2100

Drivers 40.72

SB Audigy Gamer

CD/RW 24x/10x/40x

DVD 16x

CD rom 52x

Does this not qualifying under trolling?

aye and he got a warning for it as well

~clean    0

hehe, you go for it ! :fro:

thollian    0

those specs are awesome, might just forget about buying me a pc laptop, and switch over to Mac....

Dazzla    5
Hm... wouldn't IBMs chip be more open (is it PowerPC architechture?) than Motorola's, allowing perhaps... emulation of Mac software (OS X) on an x86 chip?

It's PowerPC, it's definitely gonna be better than the G4, we know that simply because it's a better chip on better architecture. It's now a matter of seeing if Microsoft improve Virtual PC any more and if RealPC comes to fruition.

monkey55    0

Hopefully IBM will be a better chip supplier than motorola. Looking ahead to 2004/2005 we'll get the ppc 980 , and this will be made specifically for mac rather than being an afterthought like the 970.

Island Roots    0

The manufacturing costs of the G5 compared to the G4 are 40% cheaper, so expect to see the same prices as the models are now, or possibly lower ;)

Dazzla    5

It's whether or not Apple look at the money or quantity. They could whack up the price and people would still buy it because it rocks. But it they offer it at a decent price then they could sell ****loads! 1.6GHz 970 with a 60GB SATA150 HD, 512MB DDR400 for under $1500/?1200 would be ****ing amazing. The jump in technology is amazing, the new low end will **** on the current high end, we can't underestimate the significance of this jump in tech.

doofy    0

in that case they could trough away all there G4 machines who have been upgraded :s