New Powermac specs on Apple Web store

Diata
a big dutch mac site says this is just a bad joke

http://www.macfreak.nl/

i highly doubt someone running a somewhat famous business such as apple would say "haha let's pull a prank on everyone!". that would be stupid and unprofessional...but then again "accidentally" putitng up new products is pretty unprofessional as well...guess we'll just have to wait

Pilsbury
Are the buttons meant to be a dark grey on the powerbook page, on the powermac page they are a ligher grey.

http://www.btinternet.com/~sim.fs/matt/greythings.jpg

This is just me being hopeful that there is some sign that there will be IBM970 powerbooks..

I don't think they have changed from what they used to look like, and they are still clickable...

~clean

Look what ive found !

Apple's shiny new PowerMacintosh G5 tower is perhaps the most exquisitely designed professional computer ever produced. With its gleaming aluminum colored surfaces, its shining details, and smartly detailed front panel, this is as much a work of art as it is a computer. And, works of art do not belong on the floor.

Link Click Here !

and this

The PowerPerchG5 is hand crafted in the United States from Acrylite brand clear acrylic sheet, and is specifically designed to highlight the gorgeous appearance of the new Apple Power Macintosh G5. The upward tilt of the PowerPerchG5 is intended to allow easier access to the G5's front located ports and drive bays, as well as to impart an elegant, raked posture to the new enclosure.

link :: Click Here

sounds good !

Pilsbury
Look what ive found !

Ahhh quick marketing, eh?

But, wouldn't the machine overheat being wrapped up in brown paper and string?

doofy
a big dutch mac site says this is just a bad joke

http://www.macfreak.nl/

i highly doubt someone running a somewhat famous business such as apple would say "haha let's pull a prank on everyone!". that would be stupid and unprofessional...but then again "accidentally" putitng up new products is pretty unprofessional as well...guess we'll just have to wait

dont think you can read dutch right?

they say it was a ex-coworker who putted the image on the site...

~clean
Ahhh quick marketing, eh?

But, wouldn't the machine overheat being wrapped up in brown paper and string?

i was thinkin that ! .. brown paper g5, now that would be a supprise now !

Steve

LOL, yea ... if you get your PowerPaper G5 Mac wet, it jus dissolves... wow, Innovation!! :p

Diata

i cant read dutch at all...i was just going by your summary of what they said happened

the evn show
Look what ive found !

The person who runs that (macmice) is the same person who runs mactable and is apparently acriminal, liar, and all around bad dude according to macintouch:

http://www.macintouch.com/mactable.html

It's a piece of clear plastic with a couple wheels - how is that specifically designed for a new system from apple? Couldn't I just toss a G4 MDD or even a Lian-Li PC-65 on top and have it work just as well? Why post a generic "brown bag" on it? Without a photo of the system I don't care what he has to say - his claims are just as speculative as the next rumor mills.

IMHO The guy is trying to use G5 hype to sell 3rd rate products (again). No thank you.

Steve

Not seen this before ... has 2 be a fake ... looks CRAP in my opinion.

PowerMacG5.jpg

Martog

Ewww, if that is what the new G5's look like, i'm getting a G4 for sure, yuck!

Diata

i highly doubt they would make it look like that.

Steve

Diata, do u post on MacOSX as Diata1983 or something?! :p

Diata

nope...what is macOSX?

Chad
nope...what is macOSX?

It's a Mac webpage/community. www.macosx.com

aristotle-dude

This is the New G5.

powerperch_240_4.jpg

I'm surprised you guys missed it on the bottom of the PowerPerchG5 page. ;)

Chad

You saw that at Macnn didn't you ;)

Dazzla

Indeed :D

Martog

LOL, funny, someone just lost their job, LOL, man, I don't know now! I should get a G5 so I have something to last me for awhile Mac wise, but maybe I should get a G4 since they will be cheaper? Oh the choices. =/

Diata

that new g5 looks like the first g4