Obvious tweaking still needs to be done

OK, Brandon from Invision Power Services has helped us quite a bit with some server configuration, and we appear to be holding steady even if the loads a re a bit higher than normal.

Search engines are reindexing our new forum urls, and I think we're being hit like a cheap ###### as a result.. So with a bit of luck this is only temporary, we've told search engines to only index at a rate of 1 (link) per second when it was 10. So that should help loads. I'm not a server manager so maybe someone else can chime in and clarify it a bit more.

Thanks again for your support and patience on this.

Minispy and full page spy will be enabled once we are sure the server load issues are sorted.

Okay, with the reputation points system, I noticed that there is a bug; nobody can give people points because they have "reached the maximum limit for the day", despite not leaving any points at all. In the IPB ACP, go to Members > Manage User Groups > (click on the user group you would like to adjust this setting on) > Global > and find the "Reputation" section of that setting tab. There, you can adjust how many rep points each user group is allowed to leave in a day.

I've noticed that the display for quotes sometimes works and sometimes doesn't for the older posts.

This will be fixed in the coming days; a script will be running for 3 days ish to update all the old posts pre-upgrade to the new format - during this time you'll see oddness like that.

Sweet, seems to be going great and getting better each time. I didn't even think of the search engines adding loads to the server (10 links per second would definitely do that!!)

Search engines are reindexing our new forum urls, and I think we're being hit like a cheap ###### as a result.. So with a bit of luck this is only temporary, we've told search engines to only index at a rate of 1 (link) per second when it was 10. So that should help loads. I'm not a server manager so maybe someone else can chime in and clarify it a bit more.

http://slashdot.org/story/10/01/18/0749208/Microsoft-Bots-Effectively-DDoSing-Perl-CPAN-Testers ?

This will be fixed in the coming days; a script will be running for 3 days ish to update all the old posts pre-upgrade to the new format - during this time you'll see oddness like that.

The script will probably take 2 weeks at the least to run, and I won't be starting it until I am sure any load issues have been resolved. Theres no point adding extra load

I say give it a day or so and see how things go :D

+1 and very well done.

This is great. Thanks for all of your hard work, I can't wait to catch up on the forum discussions again... :)

I did notice that the post count in my profile and in the forums is different. I was wondering what the difference was... I didn't see anything mentioned anywhere else, so I figured I'd ask in case it was a bug or something.

Thanks! :)

I have posted this several times, but another will not hurt.

Well done devs!!

Now for a question :)

Would have searched for this but it appears to be off at the mo.

Will we be seeing the darkside theme coming to the forum?

This is great. Thanks for all of your hard work, I can't wait to catch up on the forum discussions again... :)

I did notice that the post count in my profile and in the forums is different. I was wondering what the difference was... I didn't see anything mentioned anywhere else, so I figured I'd ask in case it was a bug or something.

Thanks! :)

From my understanding, the higher post count (in your profile) doesn't take deleted posts into account. I might be wrong though.

From my understanding, the higher post count (in your profile) doesn't take deleted posts into account. I might be wrong though.

Yeah, I guess this is the case, but it lists the post count as 'active posts'. I wouldn't describe deleted posts as 'active posts'. My profile post count is over 8,000 (8,025, and now 8,026).

And what if my forum count is higher than the profile count, what does that mean?

And what if my forum count is higher than the profile count, what does that mean?

Yeah, that's that's the case for me. My forum count (As of this writing) is 2,869 but my Profile count is 1,168. That's a really big difference. I can't imagine all of those posts have been deleted somewhere... I behave myself... LOL

Yeah, that's that's the case for me. My forum count (As of this writing) is 2,869 but my Profile count is 1,168. That's a really big difference. I can't imagine all of those posts have been deleted somewhere... I behave myself... LOL

I've got that problem as well. On my profile, it says my post count is 4,662, but my actual post count is 5,143. Wwell, 5,144 now. :p