Xbox Zune market place downtime

Got this in my email this morning :)

00000-ZuneDown-1.jpg

00000-ZuneDown-2.jpg

00000-ZuneDown-3.jpg

00000-ZuneDown-4.jpg

As part of our continued efforts to improve the Zune Marketplace service on Xbox LIVE, Zune Marketplace will be undergoing scheduled maintenance for up to 24 hours, starting 10:00 P.M. (PT) on January 25, 2010. During that time, you will be unable to rent or purchase video content.

Your existing video library will continue to be available.

We apologize for this temporary inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

The Xbox LIVE Team

Source

• Like 1

Thanks for the 411 on the downtime. I got this in my email as well. I am digging this Zune marketplace. I downloaded Transformers 2 the other day in 1080p (11gb), and it looked flippin amazing (BD quality).

Movie had tons of action, Megan Fox looked HAWT, but story line was meh.

Thanks for the 411 on the downtime. I got this in my email as well. I am digging this Zune marketplace. I downloaded Transformers 2 the other day in 1080p (11gb), and it looked flippin amazing (BD quality).

Movie had tons of action, Megan Fox looked HAWT, but story line was meh.

How long did it take to start playing? I have yet to try the new Zune movies. Are they as fast as they claim it is to play?

How long did it take to start playing? I have yet to try the new Zune movies. Are they as fast as they claim it is to play?

I have done the instant streaming on a different 1080p movie, and it starts play right away, but it didn't hit 1080p until shortly after the beginning credits. Then it was 1080p for the rest of the movie.

However, this one (Transformers 2) I just downloaded the entire thing first (I queued it up and let it download) since I was going to be gone. I didn't watch it for about a week and a half after I had downloaded it.

I am on a 10mb connection, FWIW.

Does this mean some new stuff is on the way? They could be beefing up the backend to handle more load? Gotta wonder what's going down. Man, I need to get a bigger 360 HDD now.