Heavy Rain First 9 minutes/Intro & Other leaked Footage

Here are first 9 minutes for highly anticipated PS3 exclusive Heavy Rain.

Source: http://n4g.com/ps3/News-463065.aspx

For those that don't mind spoiling themselves and/or 360 owners that don't have a PS3.

Me? I'm just waiting for the demo on Feb 11th, honestly, if there's an epic start to the game I don't want to ruin it. Maybe someone else can briefly without spoilers who watches this say if a lot is revealed in the first 9 minutes?

It starts with a few dev symbols on a matt black background with raindrops falling on it and accompanying rain sounds.

This carries onto the Heavy Rain start screen.

It looks haunting and beautiful.

Next there's a montage of what appears to be a bedroom (can't read the text at the res. offered but it appears to be in Japanese) with a man slumped across the futon-style bed. The scene lingers then dims before coming back - to show time lapsing, I assume. you then see an icon and japanese text over the man laying on the bed - it prompts him to get up out of the bed. It seems like you need to hold the button down to make him get up fully - it goes through a little period where he starts to get up then back down a few times as if to highlight this.

Then you get a symbol of the gamepad with the left stick highlighted - the guy then walks along the bedroom. Camera angle change. As he moves past wardrobe and photograph, symbols appear near them. He picks up the photo then places it back down.

He returns to the wardrobe and opens it. Symbols graphics change to highlight the action - camera angle change to show view from inside of wardrobe out. He then closes wardrobe door again.

Camera angle zooms into the guys face and gamepad symbol appears - L2 button is highlighted. Shows X button clicked and suddenly the guy speaks for the first time - I'd better take a shower before I go downstairs.

As he mvoes towards the bedroom door, he stoops to pikc up a note. A girls voice is heard reading out the note saying she has gone shopping.

I then get bored of typing out a description of the first 9 minutes because it's far from epic.

It starts with a few dev symbols on a matt black background with raindrops falling on it and accompanying rain sounds.

This carries onto the Heavy Rain start screen.

It looks haunting and beautiful.

Next there's a montage of what appears to be a bedroom (can't read the text at the res. offered but it appears to be in Japanese) with a man slumped across the futon-style bed. The scene lingers then dims before coming back - to show time lapsing, I assume. you then see an icon and japanese text over the man laying on the bed - it prompts him to get up out of the bed. It seems like you need to hold the button down to make him get up fully - it goes through a little period where he starts to get up then back down a few times as if to highlight this.

Then you get a symbol of the gamepad with the left stick highlighted - the guy then walks along the bedroom. Camera angle change. As he moves past wardrobe and photograph, symbols appear near them. He picks up the photo then places it back down.

He returns to the wardrobe and opens it. Symbols graphics change to highlight the action - camera angle change to show view from inside of wardrobe out. He then closes wardrobe door again.

Camera angle zooms into the guys face and gamepad symbol appears - L2 button is highlighted. Shows X button clicked and suddenly the guy speaks for the first time - I'd better take a shower before I go downstairs.

As he mvoes towards the bedroom door, he stoops to pikc up a note. A girls voice is heard reading out the note saying she has gone shopping.

I then get bored of typing out a description of the first 9 minutes because it's far from epic.

ROFL

That was all I needed might watch it now. It's just cause you know how some games start with some crazy death or huge scene... I kind of guessed HR wouldn't though, it's a character building game and much like the best movies in the industry it'll start slow and let you get to know the characters and become "close" to them.

Seriously, nothing spoiler-ish happens. The highlight is the guy taking a **** and not washing his hands.

Or was it controlling his electric razor so he can shave.

It better pick up after that - not exactly the best 9-minute showcase for a game I've ever seen :(

Seriously, nothing spoiler-ish happens. The highlight is the guy taking a **** and not washing his hands.

Or was it controlling his electric razor so he can shave.

It better pick up after that - not exactly the best 9-minute showcase for a game I've ever seen :(

Parts of the game are choosing or not choosing to do normal everyday tasks, feeding your son/not feeding, playing basketball with him or not, choosing not to do things has effects on how the story plays out as mundane as that seems to you.

It's an adult story game, kind of an evolution of point and click, if you want crazy shoot outs and a blockbuster action flick play UC2.

This isn't released to showcase the game, it's just someone recording the first 9 minutes.

That was 9 minutes of my life wasted.

Why not waste another 15 seconds writing this great post, and then further replying to me :p

Parts of the game are choosing or not choosing to do normal everyday tasks, feeding your son/not feeding, playing basketball with him or not, choosing not to do things has effects on how the story plays out as mundane as that seems to you.

It's an adult story game, kind of an evolution of point and click, if you want crazy shoot outs and a blockbuster action flick play UC2.

This isn't released to showcase the game, it's just someone recording the first 9 minutes.

I didn't realise that - being clean shaven changes NPc response to you huh?

That's actually pretty cool so long as it

a) Isn't massively anal

2) Isn't just gloss

That kind of attention to detail needs to be finely balanced.

Well, its just the tutorial on how the controls work.

Yeah just watched myself and that's basically all it is.

Gotta love the guy doing the bed thrusts :laugh:

I didn't realise that - being clean shaven changes NPc response to you huh?

That's actually pretty cool so long as it

a) Isn't massively anal

2) Is just gloss

That kind of attention to detail needs to be finely balanced.

Well don't bother shaving then, it's just attentions to detail put in the game to make it more lifelike and further help you bond with the characters. One of the guys children dies, he goes downhill, divorced, depressed everything else, who knows you if you get attached to the character might feel more upbeat for him if he looks presentable than dragging himself around unshaved/unclean.

Just depends how the story plays out, attention to detail like that could be what separates this game from others in the industry.

Yeah just watched myself and that's basically all it is.

Gotta love the guy doing the bed thrusts :laugh:

Well don't bother shaving then, it's just attentions to detail put in the game to make it more lifelike and further help you bond with the characters. One of the guys children dies, he goes downhill, divorced, depressed everything else, who knows you if you get attached to the character might feel more upbeat for him if he looks presentable than dragging himself around unshaved/unclean.

Just depends how the story plays out, attention to detail like that could be what separates this game from others in the industry.

I wasn't dissing it :p

I wasn't dissing it :p

I know, it's just going to be one of those games fairly different from everything else people are going to be quick to prejudge especially after a 9 min tutorial like this. Yeah yeah I'm on the bandwagon for it, but it's innovation and difference like this in the gaming industry I want to see, even if it's just developers trying, I don't need 40 more "safe" World War FPS games.

Yes, I'm starting to get really excited about this game and I'm 100% sure it'll be a kick-in-the-daddy-bags good but just watching the game is mind-blowingly boring.

I almost dosed off watching that.

That dude is a ****ing bum.

Wakes up around lunch time, takes a shower then re-uses his underwear, drinks Orange Juice from the box and leaves doors open to let the A/C run on full blast.

If I was his wife, I'd tell him to get a job. :p

Yes, I'm starting to get really excited about this game and I'm 100% sure it'll be a kick-in-the-daddy-bags good but just watching the game is mind-blowingly boring.

I almost dosed off watching that.

Haha I actually agree with that.

But mainly cause it's a game where I want it to be my story, me playing, to me it would be like watching someone play ME2, okay watching some footage to see new changes is good, but I literally couldn't sit watching someone play a portion of constant ME2.

There's going to be so many people judging the game off a fairly mundane 9 min tutorial though which boils my nerves, but meh, why should I care soon we'll know for ourselves what the game is all about.

I actually liked seeing the vid... The devs really put a lot of attention to detail and atmosphere.

If there's one thing you can take from the video apart from how bland it is being what's really just a tutorial it's this looks to be another technical masterpiece. Some iffy framerate deals at E3, but it looks to have been cleaned up.

Think this might give Uncharted 2 a run for it's money, at least in character texture/details and modelling.

I know the video isn't exactly HD, but you can tell it's going to be a looker - Not just raw horse power, the atmosphere and attention to detail as you said makes it seem more realistic and while in this video the actions you carry out are bland, it does help you pickup on said details through the tutorial and I guess for some people start to bond with what this characters life is like.

Think this might be in better quality, says HD

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=-QPri_UI5hE

Some trophies have leaked, Cage was against putting them in a game like this so as some of you they don't pop-up as and when you complete the requirement, at what I deem as a scenario ending scene, you get them unlocked during the loading for the next

platino.jpg

Platinum

Heavy Rain Master - complete all the trophies

oro.jpg

Gold

Heavy Rain Hero - Complete the story

Four Heroes - complete with all four characters

bronzo.jpg

Bronze

White Knight -

save the woman threatened

Apparently the rest will be revealed over the next few days.

Why not waste another 15 seconds writing this great post, and then further replying to me :p

I was hoping for a refund..

I hate when the guys just stands still, or alwayls looks forwards when walking, what is this, 1997?

It's not hard to make the head moving, or put more fluent animations, so much for "graphic realism" and they completely forgot abut the animations, welcome to the uncanny valley >_>

The video was sort of interest and boring to watch at the same time. Still quite interested in the game, but I think I'll wait for reviews/gameplay videos after it's released before I decide to purchase it. No doubt the story will be great, but still a little unsure on the gameplay atm. :)

I hate when the guys just stands still, or alwayls looks forwards when walking, what is this, 1997?

It's not hard to make the head moving, or put more fluent animations, so much for "graphic realism" and they completely forgot abut the animations, welcome to the uncanny valley >_>

In terms of animations the whole game was done by motion capture in Quantic Dreams own Mo-Cap studio.

I noticed the youtube tags seems to be failing for my video above

A link again to the 720p video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKcW0epn_hs

I was hoping for a refund..

Hey you got a couple of +1 on your post count, enjoy that.