Heavy Rain First 9 minutes/Intro & Other leaked Footage

this looks like Playstation HOME - The Game

May look like it to you, but better go do some reading up on the game bro :p

I don't know if the videos are being deleted or the embedding on Neowin is funky, so here's just a direct link to a 720p version - http://www.youtube.c...h?v=MKcW0epn_hs

edit: Video has appeared above again I guess the board is still just a little buggy.

I loved those 9 minutes. If you played Fahrenheit you know that these kind of tiny interactions with the environment creates a very atmospheric game. It seems you have the chance to really interact with the life of every character. You know a developer has love for it's work when such small details are very well executed.

Anyone knows if it will be coming for the PC?

I loved those 9 minutes. If you played Fahrenheit you know that these kind of tiny interactions with the environment creates a very atmospheric game. It seems you have the chance to really interact with the life of every character. You know a developer has love for it's work when such small details are very well executed.

Anyone knows if it will be coming for the PC?

Sadly not buddy, Sony funded it as it's probably going to barely break one million in sales.

But hey, PS3 Slim, MGS4 and now Heavy Rain, you gotta be getting that PS3 soon ;)

Sadly not buddy, Sony funded it as it's probably going to barely break one million in sales.

But hey, PS3 Slim, MGS4 and now Heavy Rain, you gotta be getting that PS3 soon ;)

Finally :p

May look like it to you, but better go do some reading up on the game bro :p

Oh I'm quite well informed about the game. Based on the first 9 minutes video, I still stand by my comment :devil:

In terms of animations the whole game was done by motion capture in Quantic Dreams own Mo-Cap studio.

I'm not complaining about the premade animation, but I am complaining about te walking animations, specially when the character turns around: there's a disturbing lack of inverse kinematics, something I expect from and AAA exclusive title like this one.

probably is David cage's fault or saying that's it's not an adventure game and it's in a genre of it own, with the splendid grapics I expencted fine-grained animations, movie-like one, if you prefer.

Might be atmospheric, but such games I have no patience for, fortunately or unfortunately. Way too slow, unnecessarily much amount of details.

Plus that character animation totally sucks! Looks like they enlarged a character from the Sims or something, same quality of character animations.

Mall Gameplay HD - http://www.gametrail...eavy-rain/61347

Again kept in here as it's spoilers.

Pretty intense, glad they've fixed framerate issues we've seen glimpses from this scene before.

The Mall scene is easily the weakest overall from the early part of the game. The voice acting, the "logic" of what happens, it's all stuff that's pretty bad (and, coupled with all the comments about those videos some ass posted of the first few minutes of the game, makes for a pretty weak opening). This is stuff that the preview builds made pretty clear as the game quickly ramps up in quality of nearly everything by the time even those preview build levels were done. As for the full game... Well, February 10th can't get here soon enough. I promise you, there will be more discussions in reviews and once the embargo is up at length about how this game is attempting to push the medium in interesting new directions.

It's taking everything in me to just try to go to sleep instead of re-playing the whole game from the start and doing everything differently this time. I'm very curious to see how things will work out when characters are dead. Hell, I just want to see if I can pile on a bunch of early game ****-ups to make a difference toward the end. The problem is that I don't want to ruin the illusion. The experience I had was so damn memorable, and half the fun is going to be comparing stories of how people got through the game differently because of their choices.

It does definitely seem like there's quite a bit of nuance to things; discoveries minutes and even seconds before some dialogue happens can make for more/varied conversation. It's really a nice touch, so it's quite possible that without actual dialogue breakdowns, some people may not even realize their games are different. That's definitely cool.

Oh, and the second "big crowd" scene in the game owns the **** out of the Mall, so don't worry.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=19528958&postcount=2797

SamBishop, IGN I believe.

I understand what they're trying to go for here but I think it's been said before that most people want to play a game that takes them out of ordinary life. You want to be a space marine, a pirate, etc. I don't really want to control how I dry my hair after getting out of the shower. I know some will say it was just a tutorial, but seeing this along with the footage where you "adjust" yourself to be "sexier" just seems like your playing The Secret of Heavy Rain Island with Mass Effect 2 graphics. You walk around until you find the hot zones then you do a quicktime event.

Those 9 minutes were brutal.

I understand what they're trying to go for here but I think it's been said before that most people want to play a game that takes them out of ordinary life. You want to be a space marine, a pirate, etc. I don't really want to control how I dry my hair after getting out of the shower. I know some will say it was just a tutorial, but seeing this along with the footage where you "adjust" yourself to be "sexier" just seems like your playing The Secret of Heavy Rain Island with Mass Effect 2 graphics. You walk around until you find the hot zones then you do a quicktime event.

Those 9 minutes were brutal.

How many games are there that let you do that? Billions. How many games are like Heavy Rain? None really, point and click adventure is dead.

Take Sam Bishops comment above

I promise you, there will be more discussions in reviews and once the embargo is up at length about how this game is attempting to push the medium in interesting new directions.

This game isn't for people who can't play something that doesn't involve shooting your way through aliens for 6 hours, then playing MP for weeks.

The games aimed at adults for a reason, it's usually the teenagers who won't play anything unless it involves constant action and violence.

How many games are there that let you do that? Billions. How many games are like Heavy Rain? None really, point and click adventure is dead.

Take Sam Bishops comment above

This game isn't for people who can't play something that doesn't involve shooting your way through aliens for 6 hours, then playing MP for weeks.

The games aimed at adults for a reason, it's usually the teenagers who won't play anything unless it involves constant action and violence.

Yeah, maybe it'll be interesting from things we haven't seen and can't hear yet, but the stuff they've shown so far has not been helpful to their cause.

Yeah, maybe it'll be interesting from things we haven't seen and can't hear yet, but the stuff they've shown so far has not been helpful to their cause.

Well the interesting things you talk of would well, you know, kind of ruin the story :p

It would be like watching 10 mins of the middle of a movie, or reading 30 pages from the middle of a book.

Straight up though if you can't accept a story builder/non gun (well there is guns, but you know what I mean) adult based game probably stay clear.

Either way it should be given cred for trying something new in our convoluted gaming industry of sequel after sequel and 80% of games involving shooting and killing.

Well the interesting things you talk of would well, you know, kind of ruin the story :p

It would be like watching 10 mins of the middle of a movie, or reading 30 pages from the middle of a book.

Straight up though if you can't accept a story builder/non gun (well there is guns, but you know what I mean) adult based game probably stay clear.

Either way it should be given cred for trying something new in our convoluted gaming industry of sequel after sequel and 80% of games involving shooting and killing.

All I'm saying is that what they've shown has seemed to be boring gameplay. By interesting things I mean someone getting into the game and playing through it, which can't really be shown in a snippet. I know the meat and potatoes of this game is the story but it seems like (again, only from what I've seen) the story gets bogged down with too many useless and boring details. Shake the controller to brush your teeth is a lot different than find your wife's killer (and all the twists and turns that it comes with).

All I'm saying is that what they've shown has seemed to be boring gameplay. By interesting things I mean someone getting into the game and playing through it, which can't really be shown in a snippet. I know the meat and potatoes of this game is the story but it seems like (again, only from what I've seen) the story gets bogged down with too many useless and boring details. Shake the controller to brush your teeth is a lot different than find your wife's killer (and all the twists and turns that it comes with).

That is the atmospheric build up to knowing Ethan Mars before when he was happy, and then seeing him after he is depressed and lost a child. They want to display the contrast between normal life, and grim life with this character.

And no one kills his wife, the Origami Killer kidnaps and kills children.

His first child was killed in a car accident and his wife left him - See Mall video above.

So yeah, you know the meat and potatoes of the game well :p

That is the atmospheric build up to knowing Ethan Mars before when he was happy, and then seeing him after he is depressed and lost a child. They want to display the contrast between normal life, and grim life with this character.

And no one kills his wife, the Origami Killer kidnaps and kills children.

His first child was killed in a car accident and his wife left him - See Mall video above.

So yeah, you know the meat and potatoes of the game well :p

I wasn't implying I knew the story of the game, just that I realized the main point of the game (hence "meat and potatoes") was the story, not the control format. Since it relies mainly on story to carry it, getting caught up on quick time events just seems to drag it down.

I wasn't implying I knew the story of the game, just that I realized the main point of the game (hence "meat and potatoes") was the story, not the control format. Since it relies mainly on story to carry it, getting caught up on quick time events just seems to drag it down.

You're not getting caught up in QTE's, they aren't even QTE's, it's motion gestures with the analog stick.

How is the first 8 minutes of the game suppose to be vaulting over walls, shooting aliens and listening to a stereotypical sergeant voice saying "GET TO ZE CHOPPER" in a game that takes it time to build up rapore/story with the characters? We're talking about a serial killer kidnapping and killing children, not a space marine trying to save earth.

This isn't generic FPS 101, obviously you don't like the idea of the game Ironman, let's just leave it at that, but the only reason I go on the defence is I get sick of people asking for new ideas in the gaming world, then trashing them before they even try them. The games received two high scores already, and from the IGN reviewer above, looking good as well.

You're not getting caught up in QTE's, they aren't even QTE's, it's motion gestures with the analog stick.

How is the first 8 minutes of the game suppose to be vaulting over walls, shooting aliens and listening to a stereotypical sergeant voice saying "GET TO ZE CHOPPER" in a game that takes it time to build up rapore/story with the characters? We're talking about a serial killer kidnapping and killing children, not a space marine trying to save earth.

This isn't generic FPS 101, obviously you don't like the idea of the game Ironman, let's just leave it at that, but the only reason I go on the defence is I get sick of people asking for new ideas in the gaming world, then trashing them before they even try them. The games received two high scores already, and from the IGN reviewer above, looking good as well.

Oh, excuse me. I'm sure Sony will pull out the patent on Quicktime Events2 TM. I get sick of people not being able to discuss a topic without getting so damned defensive. I know it's getting high scores but I'm not the only one that's noticed that the video (which is what this topic is about) is basically Guybrush Threepwood walking around until some context lights up for the Super Happy Fun Time Quicktime Event Supreme (it's not a QTE, it's motion gestures with the analog stick!) The game isn't out yet so pretty much everyone in this forum has not tried the game yet. That shouldn't mean we can't discuss it. You keep replying to my topics and so far I've either clarified my point or made observations.

Oh, excuse me. I'm sure Sony will pull out the patent on Quicktime Events2 TM. I get sick of people not being able to discuss a topic without getting so damned defensive. I know it's getting high scores but I'm not the only one that's noticed that the video (which is what this topic is about) is basically Guybrush Threepwood walking around until some context lights up for the Super Happy Fun Time Quicktime Event Supreme (it's not a QTE, it's motion gestures with the analog stick!) The game isn't out yet so pretty much everyone in this forum has not tried the game yet. That shouldn't mean we can't discuss it. You keep replying to my topics and so far I've either clarified my point or made observations.

It's great that you know the whole game from an 8 minute tutorial (Y)

29frolx.jpg

313qbma.jpg

11qjp8g.jpg

20za7uo.jpg

24cvarm.jpg

2bci2s.jpg

j6sw1u.jpg

2wmm51j.jpg

2w22bdu.jpg

309sp6g.jpg

2d7zhu.jpg

New screens, first time I think we've seen two of the playable characters meet each other