[Official] Apple Event -27th January 2009

A lot of people are saying fail but one thing I've always said since I've gotten the iPod Touch is that I wish it was bigger. I mean it's got lots of nice things like web browsing, video, document viewing, etc but all this is feels limited and very restricted on a tiny device. I'm not sayiing it's perfect but there will definitely be people all over this.

Another thing, judging by the fact that he said it doubles iPhone/iPod apps to fill the screen makes it look like the screen resolution is very low, at least below HD. With phones coming out with resolutions that high already, that's yet another failure for the iPad.

Look at the HP Slate compared to this. They look roughly the same, yes, it has a big bezel as well, however, it's running Windows 7, an entire fully functional OS, not the iPhone OS without flash or multitasking, etc. I still think they have to announce that it does Flash. They can't even sell it as an internet tablet without it.

Agreed - so far I've yet to see anything that would interest me into buying it.

I guess if you didn't have an iPhone or iPod touch, you might want one; however, if you were able to forgo both those devices why bother?

Another thing, judging by the fact that he said it doubles iPhone/iPod apps to fill the screen makes it look like the screen resolution is very low, at least below HD. With phones coming out with resolutions that high already, that's yet another failure for the iPad.

Look at the HP Slate compared to this. They look roughly the same, yes, it has a big bezel as well, however, it's running Windows 7, an entire fully functional OS, not the iPhone OS without flash or multitasking, etc. I still think they have to announce that it does Flash. They can't even sell it as an internet tablet without it.

It doesn't do Flash.. that's the thing.

It doesn't do Flash.. that's the thing.

It showed the missing plugin thing, sure, but I'm just in amazement that they'd even try to sell something as an internet tablet without flash. It would be impossible. Flash is half the internet these days, people aren't going to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on something that doesn't even do what it's made to do. Everything about this announcement is not like Apple. It's not innovative at all, it's hardware and software both look cheap like they were just flung together, it's just disappointing. It really honestly looks like they just threw this together because they heard all the rumors and figured they might as well since so many people were talking about it.

conanugh_t.png

It showed the missing plugin thing, sure, but I'm just in amazement that they'd even try to sell something as an internet tablet without flash. It would be impossible. Flash is half the internet these days, people aren't going to spend hundreds and hundreds of dollars on something that doesn't even do what it's made to do. Everything about this announcement is not like Apple. It's not innovative at all, it's hardware and software both look cheap like they were just flung together, it's just disappointing. It really honestly looks like they just threw this together because they heard all the rumors and figured they might as well since so many people were talking about it.

conanugh_t.png

True .. I wish it had OS X on it instead of the iPod OS.

Why is everyone being so dismissive about the fact that it's basically a larger screen iPhone? What did you expect it was going to be other than a large touchscreen in a slim enclosure?

I think Apple are right on the button with NOT providing a full on, normal operating system - you have a laptop for that. The tablet is to get stuff done, surf the net, send email, view / edit photos... all of which it looks like it'll do excellently?!

Everyone dismissed the iPod when it launched, everyone said the iPhone would never do well when it launched.. I've no doubt this will go on to be a great device. I don't WANT one personally but it doesn't stop me from looking at it without any major level of bias!

Why is everyone being so dismissive about the fact that it's basically a larger screen iPhone? What did you expect it was going to be other than a large touchscreen in a slim enclosure?

I think Apple are right on the button with NOT providing a full on, normal operating system - you have a laptop for that. The tablet is to get stuff done, surf the net, send email, view / edit photos... all of which it looks like it'll do excellently?!

Everyone dismissed the iPod when it launched, everyone said the iPhone would never do well when it launched.. I've no doubt this will go on to be a great device. I don't WANT one personally but it doesn't stop me from looking at it without any major level of bias!

My iPhone browses the web just as good for me until i get to another computer, it also emails, views photos, all that, just as well. This iPad looks like the kind of thing you wouldn't bring with you because it's too big, and you wouldn't use at home, because you have a full computer there. It's setting itself up to be entirely pointless. Now, if you used a dumb phone and carried this around, I could see where it could fit in for you, but that's not the market they are aiming for. They have to convince people that have iPhones and MacBooks, like myself, that they need this too, and they haven't done any of that.

WOW.. $30 a month for unlimited data through AT&T.. this has become the most fail from Apple in a long time.

it always has been $30 per month for iphone and not surprised it is still $30 for ipad.