• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

[Official] Apple Event -27th January 2009

Aaron Olive    144

my version of the ipad ad

The_New_Apple_iPad_by_KillaAaron.png

the evn show    138

my version of the ipad ad

The_New_Apple_iPad_by_KillaAaron.png

Oh, I see what you did there.

Did you stay up for a few hours thinking about just the right amount of redundancy?"useless AND pointless", genius?or did it come to you all at once?

The text, your only contribution to the picture, is intentionally crumby as a symbolic representation of how you think Apple's contributions to mobile/personal computing are poorly thought out. The word "pointless" is doubly clever: no doubt a sly jab at the rounded corners. The kerning is magnificent: strangely spaced so that they eye doesn't flow from letter-to-letter and word-to-word the same way that the iPad's lack of multitasking makes it difficult to flow from one task to another. The ugly type face is a Microsoft core font, certainly chosen to represent how today it's Apple that has become the anti-consumer megalith that Bill Gate's former empire once was. I think my favourite detail is the way you stepped on the contrast between product name and the advertising text. It's a subtle comment on how the iPad (represented by the giant iPad text) isn't as different from the other ugly tablet devices (represented by your "useless and pointless" substitute copy) as apple would lead you to believe.

Your skill as an artist and commentator have allowed you to distil a thousand blogs worth of nerd-rage into a single sentence of poorly set Verdana. If you were my child I would hang this on the fridge so that whenever you came to get some milk, or maybe some canned cheese, you would be reminded of your efforts and how impressed your parents are. You're a very clever person and you should be intensely proud of your abilities.

Bravo!

Aaron Olive    144

Oh, I see what you did there.

Did you stay up for a few hours thinking about just the right amount of redundancy?"useless AND pointless", genius?or did it come to you all at once?

The text, your only contribution to the picture, is intentionally crumby as a symbolic representation of how you think Apple's contributions to mobile/personal computing are poorly thought out. The word "pointless" is doubly clever: no doubt a sly jab at the rounded corners. The kerning is magnificent: strangely spaced so that they eye doesn't flow from letter-to-letter and word-to-word the same way that the iPad's lack of multitasking makes it difficult to flow from one task to another. The ugly type face is a Microsoft core font, certainly chosen to represent how today it's Apple that has become the anti-consumer megalith that Bill Gate's former empire once was. I think my favourite detail is the way you stepped on the contrast between product name and the advertising text. It's a subtle comment on how the iPad (represented by the giant iPad text) isn't as different from the other ugly tablet devices (represented by your "useless and pointless" substitute copy) as apple would lead you to believe.

Your skill as an artist and commentator have allowed you to distil a thousand blogs worth of nerd-rage into a single sentence of poorly set Verdana. If you were my child I would hang this on the fridge so that whenever you came to get some milk, or maybe some canned cheese, you would be reminded of your efforts and how impressed your parents are. You're a very clever person and you should be intensely proud of your abilities.

Bravo!

I'm just saying there isn't a market for this device that Apple has made and it is very overpriced considering the fact that it will be competing with the net-book, laptop, and amazon kindle market that are far more appealing and less gouging in the wallet area. I know my Photoshop skills are not great and i only meant for it to humorous so if you are being sarcastic just chill out, i like apple and fully support their other products i evenhave a couple of iPods and have gifted iPods but i just think this is a bad idea from them and it's not going to see expected sells.