Pictures from an Airshow

Recently there was a huge airshow in my Country. I went with my camera along with a Canon 70-300 Zoom lens and clicked few pictures. I have uploaded all of them at my flickr page but here are few that i like. Your comments and criticism are welcome as there is no way without any outside information i can take better pictures.

You can see the rest of the pictures on the Flickr PhotoSet Page.

4308112875_9bd3788c6b_b.jpg

4308844730_c0a023a2a4_b.jpg

4308102759_544632e665_b.jpg

4308140521_b25441ae72_b.jpg

4308136475_fd5175a189_b.jpg

4308893444_0ff1aabe5c_b.jpg

4308886938_f159287083_b.jpg

4308891936_2652ebc2a4_b.jpg

there's a digital galley pinned in this section, makes more sense to use that then to create a whole topic for your own photo's...

as for the photo's, they're ok, but a few are out of focus and blurry. other than that, they're average.

I have got to go out very soon, so I didn't have time to look over all the pictures, but I noticed for your second picture you shot it at f/16, I would have opened up the aperture more so as to blur the background and raise your shutter speed, hence eliminating any blur from using too slow a shutter speed e.g. 1/250th of a second at 210mm - not too hard to control, but if your not totally still a faster shutter speed would help - and of course, when taking portraits your going to want an aperture number lower than 16 :)

I have got to go out very soon, so I didn't have time to look over all the pictures, but I noticed for your second picture you shot it at f/16, I would have opened up the aperture more so as to blur the background and raise your shutter speed, hence eliminating any blur from using too slow a shutter speed e.g. 1/250th of a second at 210mm - not too hard to control, but if your not totally still a faster shutter speed would help - and of course, when taking portraits your going to want an aperture number lower than 16 :)

Hmm ill have to try this out the next time. Open the aperture more is to go down on the F number like 4.5 or something or go higher then 16?

you go to an air show and take photos of just kids huh?

The only planes i could click pictures of were the flying ones. All the planes that were on the Ground were in VIP Section and i couldnt get in there. 4 Hours to kill, 1 Hour of Flying Show. Guess what does it leave me with to click pics of??

LMFAO!!

Hmm ill have to try this out the next time. Open the aperture more is to go down on the F number like 4.5 or something or go higher then 16?

Yes, when you open the aperture (let light in quicker) the number is smaller, here's an example, took this a while back just fooling around:

4075431927_f08811a167.jpg

my glasses at f/1.4 - larger aperture, light enters more quickly.

4076184776_6822eb1cdf.jpg

my glasses at f/16 - smaller aperture, light enters more slowly

ROFL AHAH nice.

The only planes i could click pictures of were the flying ones. All the planes that were on the Ground were in VIP Section and i couldnt get in there. 4 Hours to kill, 1 Hour of Flying Show. Guess what does it leave me with to click pics of??

oh bummer :/