[Official] God of War III

god-of-war-3.jpg

God of War III

Release Date: March 16th, 2010

Developer: SCEA Studios, Santa Monica

Publisher: Sony Computer Entertainment

Platform: PS3

Plot:

Set in the realm of Greek mythology, God of War III for the last time puts Kratos at the center of the carnage and destruction as he seeks revenge against the Gods who have betrayed him. A single-player game, this final chapter allows players to take on the climatic role of the ex-Spartan warrior, Kratos, as he treads through the intimidating heights of Mt. Olympus and the dark depths of Hell once more to seek revenge on those who have betrayed him. Armed with double-chained blades, Kratos must take on mythology's darkest creatures while solving intricate puzzles throughout his merciless quest to destroy Olympus.

Utilizing a new game engine built from the ground up and state-of-the-art visual technologies, the development team behind God of War 3 have made significant strides in giving players the realistic feel of actually being on the battlegrounds. With texture resolutions being quadrupled since God of War 2, God of War 3 will feature fluid, life-like characters, as well as dynamic lighting effects, a robust weapon system, and world-changing scenarios that will truly bring unmistakable realism to Kratos' fateful quest. Players will have a chance to join battles on a grand scale with many more enemies on-screen and be able to interact with levels like never before.

ONLY ON THE PS3 SYSTEM -- The award-winning development team leverages the processing power and technology of PlayStation 3 system to make God of War III one of the most-graphically advanced next gen titles available, with even the dramatic cut screens running off the in-game engine.

GROUNDBREAKING DEPTH OF SCALE -- Kratos will explore areas up to 4 times larger than those found in God of War II, as well as carve through entire armies while navigating on the back of Titans - living, moving, breathing levels as tall as the Empire State Building.

STYLIZED REALISM -- Players will battle in detailed and unique 3D worlds lit by thousands of dynamic lights and textures with quadruple the resolution, which allows for realistic muscle striations, detailed facial expressions, and new heightened levels of brutality and gore.

SIGNATURE GAMEPLAY -- Brutal combat, intricate puzzles, exploration of awe-inspiring worlds, and a compelling and satisfying ending to Kratos? epic story.

SOPHISTICATED STORYLINE -- The God of War III storyline is the epic conclusion to the triology; the storyline will be told in a way that is true to traditionalist roots in Greek mythology, from moral consequences to brutal battles against the Gods.

RIDEABLE CREATURES -- Several of the menacing creatures of Greek mythology in God of War III can now be manipulated against their will, as Kratos uses them to cross chasms, inflict blind rage against enemies, reveal puzzles and secrets, and as tools of complete annihilation.

NEW WEAPONS AND COMBAT SYSTEM -- New deadly weapons such as the Cestus -- powerful metal gauntlets with devastating strength -- and other brutal instruments of war that will allow Kratos to learn ruthless new techniques such as grappling with enemies and launching explosive wall-to-ground attacks.

LIGHTING TECHNOLOGIES -- The dynamic lighting solution employed in GOW III is only feasible through the computing power provided by the Cell SPUs. For example, using the High Dynamic Range Lighting (HDRL) technology, the camera -- when using Krato's sightline -- will emulate the human retina, causing players to feel a sharp brightness when Kratos exits a dark area and enters a sunlit area, similar to how the human eye would need to adjust.

Ultimate Edition ($99.99US) (NA Only)

god-of-war-3-ultimate-edition-01.jpg

High-end sculpted replica of Pandora's box

God of War art book

God of War Combat Arena

Premium Kratos skin (Dominus)

God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary

God of War trilogy soundtrack

God of War: Blood and Metal EP, featuring original music from bands such as Killswitch Engage and Trivium, with songs inspired by God of War

Pre-order from Amazon.com, Gamestop, or Grame Crazy recieve premium skins unique to each location

Ultimate Trilogy Edition (PAL Only)

4192770290_f948ffb46f.jpg

High-end sculpted replica of Pandora's box

God of War art book

God of War Combat Arena

God of War: Unearthing the Legend Franchise Documentary

God of War trilogy soundtrack

God of War: Blood and Metal EP, featuring original music from bands such as Killswitch Engage and Trivium, with songs inspired by God of War

All four premium skins

God of War Collection, featuring God of War and God of War II remastered in 1080p 60fps

Screens

god-of-war-iii-20081216005622712_640w.jpg

2132391775_full.jpg

2132391787_full.jpg

ss_preview_295404_2.jpg

4309917737_8279b3fa3f.jpg

Info:

http://www.godofwar.com

• Like 1

Bit early :p

And by the way Neowin still haven't fixed the bug that lets you, or at least subscribers edit their first post indefinitely :(

(Y)

Not early at all, sir. The BFBC2 thread's been up for over a month :p

I think I'm most fired up about getting the series soundtrack, maybe remix a few of the songs. When playing the Collection, I had forgotten just how epic and well done the music is.

Not early at all, sir. The BFBC2 thread's been up for over a month :p

I think I'm most fired up about getting the series soundtrack, maybe remix a few of the songs. When playing the Collection, I had forgotten just how epic and well done the music is.

It was suppose to be an unwritten law between me and Munky who made most of these back in the day it would be a few weeks before max to cut down the clutter. But you new age creators come in, and what was it, official MW2 thread about 5 months before release? :laugh:

Either way work is appreciated.

'God of War III' Begins Marketing Push With 7-Eleven, Mtn Dew

YORK, Pa. (AdAge.com) -- "God of War III," the latest installment in one of Sony PlayStation's premier franchises, is gearing up for battle, and it's enlisted as allies 7-Eleven and Mtn Dew.

vr6kw9.jpg

"God of War III" is the first game in the series that can be played on the PlayStation 3, and though it won't hit shelves until March 16, the marketing campaign begins next week. Starting Feb. 1, fans of the Greek mythology-based action game can head to 7-Eleven when the Kratos Fury Slurpee flavor, created by Mtn Dew and the convenience-store chain, debuts. The blackberry-and-lime-flavored drink will also come with a choice of four different "God of War" artwork cups.

The cups will give each Slurpee buyer a code that allows them to download a variety of content including behind-the-scenes video of the making the game, an animated theme of Kratos' face, wallpaper for PCs and virtual items that unlock armor to use inside the game. Hanging neck tags on all Mountain Dew two-liter and 20-ounce bottles will also include codes that can be redeemed at slurpee.com.

"7-Eleven's core target is the 18- to 34-year-old male who is right in the sweet spot for this game," said Ginger Kraus, senior director-marketing alliances, Sony Computer Entertainment America. "It's a great alternative marketing opportunity to reach that gamer."

The Kratos Slurpee promotion will also get marketing support on TV with a promotional tag on Mtn Dew spots running during the Winter Dew Tour on NBC, online banners and play on Facebook, as well as e-mail marketing to the Slurpee Nation, PlayStation and Mtn Dew communities.

The Greek mythology-based video franchise most recently racked up more than 380,000 sales so far for its special holiday "God of War I & II Collection" on Blu-ray since it bowed in the fall, according to NPD Group data. Blockbuster sales are expected for "God of War III." CNET ranks it as one of the 30 most-anticipated games of 2010 in what promises to be a competitive year for video games. (In 2009, CNET could only come up with 16 hot games.)

PlayStation has been teasing the game, with previews and demos and clips for months, as well as doing pre-sales and promotions at retailers. However, the 7-Eleven promotion is the first "official promotional campaign" and foreshadows a much larger campaign coming in March. Deutsch, Los Angeles, is the agency. While PlayStation declined to reveal those details yet, it will include multimedia elements in a "very large marketing program."

Source: http://adage.com/article?article_id=141809

Random note, my son fell asleep on a blanket the other day, and I picked him up and took him upstairs, and the edges of the blanket made a red mark down his face and over one of his eyes, looked like Kratos. I took that as an omen of how awesome this game will be.

You are going to fight the Gods in their big size in this games? At least you can see a giant Hades in those images. That is going to be awesome.

Never played a God of War game, are they any good or is it basically just hack & slash?

Both. Jaffe based a lot of it from Devil May Cry, except GoW has a much better story and a main character who's not a total douche, plus a gore factor. I've noticed similarities with Soul Reaver as well, personally. GoW2 is considered the best game on the PS2.

You are going to fight the Gods in their big size in this games? At least you can see a giant Hades in those images. That is going to be awesome.

I wonder if it'll take influence from SotC.

^ i think those screen shots are from the demo. That big guy you just fling with arrows if i remember right

Not all screenshot. Hades wasn't in the demo.

Apparently a GT5 trailer coming on the GoW3 disc,

2e1c3zl.jpg

Did you miss the Heavy Rain, MAG, and Modnation ones as well?

3 Bonus vidoes, no doubt making of will be the 90minute vid.

3+ hrs. of cut scenes? Did Santa Monica get the MGS starter kit?

Been a fan since i played 1&2 3-4 years ago.

Ive already pre ordered the UE. Its gonna be worth it.

What I dont understand is, if thats the offical back page of the case, why is this game only 1080i? Its not too much of a big deal but with all the time, i thought they were gonna go to the highest possible quality with this game.

Been a fan since i played 1&2 3-4 years ago.

Ive already pre ordered the UE. Its gonna be worth it.

What I dont understand is, if thats the offical back page of the case, why is this game only 1080i? Its not too much of a big deal but with all the time, i thought they were gonna go to the highest possible quality with this game.

Quality doesn't mean having a high resolution at all.

If anything being 720p/1080i means it will look and run far better than natively at 1080p.