[Official] God of War III

UK advert

Goes up to 1080p

God, do you not have a job?! Bloody students :p

I'll have to wait till I get home to watch that trailer. Otherwise I am pretty sure I would crash and burn my works laptop by watching 1080p Youtube video :rofl:

God, do you not have a job?! Bloody students :p

I'll have to wait till I get home to watch that trailer. Otherwise I am pretty sure I would crash and burn my works laptop by watching 1080p Youtube video :rofl:

I'm on voluntary suspension till next semester due to medical reasons, I have a bit of spare time just now :p

It's not just in 1080p, 480p up to 1080p. Good advert, lots of game footage in it :)

Tapey on GTplanet has mentioned that he knows a reviewer with a copy of GoW3 and apparently that GT5 trailer on the disc is new. All he'd confirm is that it's not the AGS or TGS trailer. So take that as you will.
Trailer is 2:42, don't think we've had one this long before.

http://www.bbfc.co.u....2576BA004DABA8

I know I'm totally going to watch the GT5 trailer before playing GoW3 :laugh: My GF is coming up again Friday the 19th to play through with me. I showed her the GTTV footage and she was like :o

Makes me think Geoff's hint at the next GTTV might be on GT5 if GoW3 has a trailer with new GT5 content.

I think AB just likes to say that he has a gf.

More like I like to say I have a GF who's really into gaming :p

Such a relief, I couldn't stand a close minded girl about gaming right now :laugh:

No, i think you like to mention you have a gf.

You should just put it in your sig :laugh:

The UK advert looks cool, glad to see they cut down on the cardboard cut out stuff.

The first 30 minutes of God of War as played by Chad Concelmo at Destructoid. Major spoilers, but only pics and text, no video.

To summarize - You Are Not E

http://www.destructoid.com/you-are-not-ready-the-first-30-minutes-of-god-of-war-iii-165126.phtml

Obviously, the game is a huge step up visually from the previous games, displaying the best graphics I have ever seen in a videogame -- yup, even better than Uncharted 2. And the few new mechanics I saw implemented in the first 30 minutes of the game are original enough to feel fresh, but not too different to feel awkward.

Basically, the first 30 minutes I played was perfect. Absolutely perfect. The graphics were jaw-dropping; the gameplay was solid and already addictive; and there were more “holy sh*t!” moments in the opening sequence than some games have in their entireties.

The first 30 minutes of God of War as played by Chad Concelmo at Destructoid. Major spoilers, but only pics and text, no video.

http://www.destructo...ii-165126.phtml

"And I am here to tell you that the first 30 minutes of God of War III is the best first 30 minutes of any videogame I have ever played."

506204g.gif

PS3 is tearing up Q1 this year!

I'm on voluntary suspension till next semester due to medical reasons, I have a bit of spare time just now :p

It's not just in 1080p, 480p up to 1080p. Good advert, lots of game footage in it :)

Just watched the trailer, wasn't that amazing. Then again it is going to be hard to top the GTTV segment I saw a few days ago. In other news, a member over @ AVF claims to have a copy already (lucky ******).

http://www.destructoid.com/you-are-not-ready-the-first-30-minutes-of-god-of-war-iii-165126.phtml

Thanks for the link, I pee'd (with excitement of course) a little reading the intro run down. Have a +1 for making me wee a little :p :D

Just watched the trailer, wasn't that amazing. Then again it is going to be hard to top the GTTV segment I saw a few days ago. In other news, a member over @ AVF claims to have a copy already (lucky ******).

They can't show any gore in the trailer though, it has to be rated E for Everyone so they can show it at all times... For that reason it's pretty damn good as it gets gameplay in (most gameplay in GoW is just plain gore :laugh:)

Improvements to GOWIII since E3 demo explained

Although many of you have only just got your hands on the God of War III demo, due to it releasing to the PlayStation Store only last week, the demo actually dates back to E3 2009. That's coming up to a year ago, and twelve months is a very long time in video game development: so what have Sony Santa Monica done to improve the game's engine in that time? The studio's art director, Ken Feldman, lists many of the additions:.

"The E3 content is over a year old," Feldman writes on the
. "The team has learned a lot since then, so the final game should reflect that effort. Off the top of my head features added since E3 include: anti-aliasing on the CPU ? looks much better then the 2x at E3; motion-blur that works for the camera, object and inner object; lens flare/god ray tech; reflection and refraction; improved character lighting; and improved texture streaming ? the E3 demo was problematic and had blurry textures due to streaming not texture authoring. That has been fixed."

In addition to better anti-aliasing and sharper textures, Feldman later adds that the game's shadows have been greatly improved for the game's release:

"A significant improvement I forgot to mention is dynamic shadows. Ben Diamand, one of our coders, spent nearly the entire project writing shadow code. In the end it really paid off. The last couple months we had a couple tech artists dedicated to dialing in the tweakers so there would be no shadow pixelization in the game. A big issue I have is bad looking shadow casting on characters up-close. When shadows are done right, you shouldn't even notice them. When they crawl, it becomes the focus and takes away from everything else. The final build of the game, I hardly noticed the shadows, they were so well done."

That's certainly good to hear. God of War III releases for the PlayStation 3 later this month.

Source: http://www.playstationuniversity.com/improvements-to-gowiii-since-demo-explained-2774/

I can't believe i actually thought this game would be "alright". It is shaping up to be amazing. I thought the same with the other God of War's too. I think I was about a year late playing the original.

Finally looking like the PS3 exclusive games are really turning out to be brilliant.

I can't believe i actually thought this game would be "alright". It is shaping up to be amazing. I thought the same with the other God of War's too. I think I was about a year late playing the original.

Finally looking like the PS3 exclusive games are really turning out to be brilliant.

You don't say :| The video below is ridiculous.

New gameplay video but watchout HUGE SPOILERS as showcases the Poseidon boss fight seen in the off-camera snaps and spoils the First Person Kill...

I so want to watch these videos but I don't want to spoil anything. Ahhhhhh! I guess I can wait two more weeks *twitch*

I so want to watch these videos but I don't want to spoil anything. Ahhhhhh! I guess I can wait two more weeks *twitch*

Awww you've got good discipline, honestly though the video above is amazing. The first person kill scene is brutal :laugh:

It goes up to 720p, but it's 9 mins of various footage @ 134mb (I downloaded it), so it's a little compressed. Plus it's in German :laugh:, but it's the visuals I wanted to see!

With Heavy Rain, FF XIII I don't have the time for another game :p but boy I'm soo close to pre-ordering :D

Get that weaksauce un-pre-ordered and this pre-ordered, stat.

k4c9qe.jpg

Awww you've got good discipline, honestly though the video above is amazing. The first person kill scene is brutal :laugh:

It goes up to 720p, but it's 9 mins of various footage @ 134mb (I downloaded it), so it's a little compressed. Plus it's in German :laugh:, but it's the visuals I wanted to see!

Oh man... the teasing... I think the wait will be worth it.

Although I do have a question, i'm not sure if you will know or not. When I played the demo and had the QTE sequences when fighting say the Cyclops, the buttons were off to the side. Did they by chance move it closer to the action? The reason I ask is because when i'm hacking up a monster I get so focused on to the bloodbath that I miss hitting a button.

Oh man... the teasing... I think the wait will be worth it.

Although I do have a question, i'm not sure if you will know or not. When I played the demo and had the QTE sequences when fighting say the Cyclops, the buttons were off to the side. Did they by chance move it closer to the action? The reason I ask is because when i'm hacking up a monster I get so focused on to the bloodbath that I miss hitting a button.

Button placement is indeed better in the above video, all I'll say :)

Button placement is indeed better in the above video, all I'll say :)

That's a relief, nothing worse than attempting to rip an eye out and the getting smacked down because you missed a button hehe

With Heavy Rain, FF XIII I don't have the time for another game :p but boy I'm soo close to pre-ordering :D

Same here, i've finished Heavy Rain and now coming within the next week and few days are FFXIII and Yakuza 3, so i was holding off buying GoW III. However after seeing that GTTV special, the game had to be pre-ordered. Then there is Just Cause 2 at the end of the month, hopefully i'll have all three games done by then.