Do you plan to buy iPad

Do you plan to buy iPad as soon as it will be available in the stores or you will wait until next generation or for OS 4.0.

I am decided to buy this device as I am a huge Apple fan but still I thing that there is something "magical" as their described it. I see it as very useful.

Share you opinion :)

Do you plan to buy iPad as soon as it will be available in the stores or you will wait until next generation or for OS 4.0.

I am decided to buy this device as I am a huge Apple fan but still I thing that there is something "magical" as their described it. I see it as very useful.

Share you opinion :)

Nope.. nothing magical about it my opinion and it's severely lacking in so many things that I can use in everyday computing on a mobile device. I really can't justify spending $500-$800 on a device that i can really only do one thing at a time and not browse all websites or that i can't Skype and just watch photos and videos.

I have no use for the device except using it in the bathroom to be honest, but hey maybe if enough people like you buy it, I can get one for $400 that will have everything it's missing now next year.

Share you opinion

You look like an Apple marketing guy trying to get opinions from this forum. ?First post and you do a thread about the iPad?. Ok.

My choice is neither of both. And certainly the "magical" publicity stunt doesn't work.

Well, if I had the money for it, and no longer had the use for my iPhone, I guess I'd get it.

But there are two problems with that:

1) I ain't got no $$$!

2) I love my iPhone (BTW it has loads more features!)

I have entered contests at other sites to win an iPad, but I'll never pay $$$ for one.

You look like an Apple marketing guy trying to get opinions from this forum. ?First post and you do a thread about the iPad?. Ok.

My choice is neither of both. And certainly the "magical" publicity stunt doesn't work.

This really made me laugh :D. Seriosly do I look like an apple marketing guy, I don't think so.

That was just my opionion.

I don't know. I'll probably wait for the second generation. What I'm really looking forward is a new iPhone, if they release a new one this year.

Nope, I have an iPhone and a MacBook. As I see it, an iPad would be entirely pointless. In fact, the iPhone is gone too once I find out what I want to replace it with. Probably a Verizon Nexus One. I'm tired of Apple's restrictive BS on their mobile devices. If I buy something, I want to be able to use it for whatever I want, not whatever Apple thinks I should.

Only Apple could get away with calling such an underwhelming device "magical."

Tell me this, Steve. How is it going to be "the best Web experience I've ever had" if it doesn't even support Flash? How is it a magical device if it can't multi-task? I thought this was the 2010s, not the 1980s. How do you justify charging up to $829 for the device when I can get a far more useful and capable netbook for a fraction of that price?

IF the iPad makes some substantial improvements with either 4.0 firmware or a second generation device, I'll consider it. But as it is now, it's going to be the new Apple G4 Cube... A one-year wonder at best.

Well, yes. Flash is a problem. Maybe it will just come or not. Only Steve knows :)

I was considering to wait until second generation but I will decide on the user reactions.

Only Apple could get away with calling such an underwhelming device "magical."

Tell me this, Steve. How is it going to be "the best Web experience I've ever had" if it doesn't even support Flash? How is it a magical device if it can't multi-task? I thought this was the 2010s, not the 1980s. How do you justify charging up to $829 for the device when I can get a far more useful and capable netbook for a fraction of that price?

IF the iPad makes some substantial improvements with either 4.0 firmware or a second generation device, I'll consider it. But as it is now, it's going to be the new Apple G4 Cube... A one-year wonder at best.

I agree with you completely. It's lacking in so many different areas, especially the ones you mentioned above, and it's just an oversized iPod Touch/iPhone at best.

No reason to buy one at all the way I see it.

I signed up to be notified when you can order them smile.gif

60 days for the Wi-Fi models, 90 days for the Wi-Fi + 3G models. Start looking for one around April.

60 days for the Wi-Fi models, 90 days for the Wi-Fi + 3G models. Start looking for one around April.

yea I know but I might be able to order it sooner...you never know ;)

I'm going for the WiFi version myself, there's no way I'm going to pay for a second data plan on top of the one I pay for my iPhone

Hell no!! I'd rather burn the money than buy that POS!!! It's just a gian iPod Touch. Yay? Why wouldn't you just get a regular iPod Touch and actually have a portable device that you can take with you anywhere?

I am. Reason? I think it would be handy, my alienware for gaming/coding the iPad jailbroken and I can then play music, browse the web and type my homework up casually. Perfect device for me.

I don't plan to, but I plan to check out the public's response once people can actually get their hands on the thing.

I'll likely start to care around 3rd gen but I might have a smart phone by then, or some other mobile device making an iPad totally useless (and it looks fairly usless as it is, but we'll see).