February 2010 Desktop Thread

Finally managed to upgrade from Windows 3.11, broke the bank but I think it was worth it! :woot:

Ah you bought into all that hype about 32-bit being better and faster and the future. It'll never take off. 16-bit forever!

Here is my current setup, I tend to change it often. With the help of WindowBlinds?, I think I have the eye candy I require for now. :D

Extremly ugly. Very bad taste for sure.

What's to hate about it? It's simplistic yet refined, aside from the wallpaper, it's a little complex. Everyone I've shown in person loves it, or they're just blowing sunshine up my ass. :rofl:

What's to hate about it? It's simplistic yet refined, aside from the wallpaper, it's a little complex. Everyone I've shown in person loves it, or they're just blowing sunshine up my ass. :rofl:

Simplistic? :blink:

Ok

For the people who never visit the Linux desktop thread (copied from there, sorry if it bothers anyone):

I installed new Gnome Shell today, just to check it out. Even though it's still early in development, I honestly think this is the most comfortable UI I've ever worked with, it's like they've read my mind somehow and took all the features I use in normal Gnome with Compiz (by this I mean expo and scale -- which are two of the features I use the most in Compiz), mashed it with Gnome Do, and presented it in a UI that's easy for both my eyes and the system resources.

I took a crapload of screenshots, here are just a few:

gnomeshell1s.png

The screenshots don't really show all of it, like the new notifications system (that seems to be like the Ubuntu's current one, only with added features) or the IM integration with the user menu (something also borrowed from current Ubuntu systems). Anyway, I can't wait to see what it shapes up to in the future.

Wall PLZ!!!!!! :woot:

It's ****ing vile dude