• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wireless connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration

LiquidSolstice    115

Well, title pretty much says it all. I'll turn on my laptop from Standby, and it will claim that I have limited connectivity, and the only way to solve it is to restart or Click Troubleshoot, where the outcome is "Wireless connection doesn't have a valid IP configuration - Fixed"

2vi13jn.jpg

I have Connectify installed, but I wasn't having this issue before with it, but other than that, I have nothing else that I think could interfere with my IP. Any ideas?

MrTwister    1

Maybe an issue with going into standby? Have you updated to the most recent BIOS version or tried to adjust the standby settings?

x-byte    94

When going in stanby the adapter will enter sleep mode. On power up it will check to see if it is connected to the network and check for a valid IP. I might take a little while in some cases though.

k22    5

device manager

find the wireless device

uncheck the option that allows this device to shutdown to save power...

Roger H.    776

device manager

find the wireless device

uncheck the option that allows this device to shutdown to save power...

That's about the worse idea ever, especially on a laptop. If he's intending on being mobile with it the battery will be dead in no time leaving wifi on. Behind the LCD and HDD, Wifi cards are up there as the most power hungry parts in a laptop. That plus if he's closing the LCD, he'd come back to a toasty warm laptop (since the fan wont be running in standby).

I would check with the router manufacturers for a updated firmware. It might not support all the new sleep states and therefore is causing issues.