summer job

hey...

i've just finished highschool and will be going to univ in september...for the meantime i'm looking for a summer job somewhere in the fields of computers/math...i'm not that great in programming yet but i have some experience in C++ and web dev using HTML/XML and such...i know it's not nearly good enough but i'm learning/will be learning on/off the job...

i would like to tutor as well part time for math/computers...

if you guys know any places that're willing to hire highschool graduates for the summer around toronto, canada area, please give me a message...

besides that...can you guys please give me tips on how to present myself to the rest? my cousin gave me an idea of making a simple website which would contain my resume/portfolio and stuff about me...what else can i do? once my exams are over, i'll be participating in projects from sourceforge as well to learn more stuff....and i'll be working on a website project which would contain programming tutorials for beginners, like actual step by step guide along with practice problems/solutions...i haven't seen one around and i think it'll be nice to have something like that for people like me :)

but i'm open for ideas and such...and please please please, save me the "you're too young, try mcdonalds for now" crap...it's been tried, done and over with...

thanks

Go to a local university / college and see if they are hiring any teaching assistants.

Also check with local companies and see if they are hiring any interns for work based experience? There must be a wealth of local information available, I do not know what sort of information one could provide from here unless they lived locally to you

Good luck in finding something :)