I really like WMP12

Since you discovered what? your link links to the whole forum...

How strange, I typed https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=announce&f=12&id=11. I didn't paste a link!

Edit* Errrr, holy crap. It happened again. I typed...

https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=announce&f=12&id=11

Edit** What the hell is happening? I typed S_H_A_R_K_0_0_7 (without the underscores) and the forum just converts it into a link back to Neowin forum. Spam protection?

I've been using it as main music and video player for some time now. I like the now playing/library switching thing and it opens up almost instantenously for me. Thumbs up for WMP 12.

I still tend to switch between Winamp 2.95 and WMP12, although I do love WMP and the sync and cool Taskbar features, I'm still loving the old school feeling of Winamp. But yeah, before 7, I never liked WMP.

And I also like how WMP plays videos, no obstructions, no ugly interface in the way, just a window with Aero border and the Video, nice clean and streamline, the way I like it.

How strange, I typed https://www.neowin.net/forum/index.php?act=announce&f=12&id=11. I didn't paste a link!

Edit** What the hell is happening? I typed S_H_A_R_K_0_0_7 (without the underscores) and the forum just converts it into a link back to Neowin forum. Spam protection?

everything to that guy gets censored/redirected to this forum. some licensed parts in his codecs or something.

NICE TIP!

I'll give it a try, since I use MPC for mkvs and WMP for the rest (but I'm still liking Winamp for music... it keeps everithing simple)

Thanks!

I have to say that I do use the Zune Software for my media, however WMP12 is pretty good.

I use WMP for videos, but Winamp for audio. I do not like WMP's style of searching for music files within my playlist. (I like Winamp's 'J' hotkey, type name, enter, desired audio plays, finishes, carries on to the next song from where it stopped style)

everything to that guy gets censored/redirected to this forum. some licensed parts in his codecs or something.

Those parts where removed ages ago. I tried pointing that out to the staff and I was ignored, and the counter claim was "it has a quicktime decoder in, therefore it's warez".

All of the licensed stuff in his codecs has been removed now, it's all open source stuff, troubling that they haven't bothered to de-censor it yet :/

I wish theres a way to make it not automatically update the media library with the Win7 libraries.

Its like it just happily stomp into my room and starts touching my stuff without permission.

I don't use the libraries function in Win7 because of WMP12.

Music: WMP12

I like the library features but hate the taskbar play/pauese/prev./next buttons.

i liked the WMP11 taskbar features more as it also had seek bar.

Movies: Media Player Classic Home Cinema (GPU accelerated), since reading this article - Accelerate x.264 1080p movies over the GPU Guide

WMP12 doesnt even show the progress in taskbar, while MPC does :p

n3n7v7.png

I also love WMP12. With s_h_a_r_k_0_0_7's codecs it can play any files. Plus the library features and the beautiful UI makes it by far the best media player for Windows 7.

i also like it but every now and then i get an error about server execution failed but thats a common bug in7 atm but it's acceptable.

I use WMP for audio and KM Player for video. I'd be more than happy to switch full WMP but there are two major drawbacks that keep me from doing that :

1) Subtitles. To this day I haven't found a plugin that enables and manages "srt" files in an easy way : drag and drop on the video to load subtitles and auto-load based on the name of the video file. Resyncing would be a good bonus too.

2) Hotkeys. I like to be able to control the entire interface with the keyboard, The KMPlayer really does a great job in this area : space to pause/play, horizontal arrows to navigate in the video, enter to fullscreen/windowed, escape to quickly pause and hide the interface (pr0n mode :D), ")" and "^" to resync the subtitles, etc, etc ... the point is I just can't live without it now and to my knowledge there isn't a plugin for WMP that offers this level of control.

Until there are similar features in WMP, either natively or via plugins I guess i'll stick with KMP.

Those parts where removed ages ago. I tried pointing that out to the staff and I was ignored, and the counter claim was "it has a quicktime decoder in, therefore it's warez".

All of the licensed stuff in his codecs has been removed now, it's all open source stuff, troubling that they haven't bothered to de-censor it yet :/

From just glancing over the readme, I see things like

DivX H.264 Decoder

Various Haali renderer/splitter stuff

Nero ES Video Reader

Nero Digital Parser

RadLight OptimFROG DirectShow Filter

VP7 Decompressor

and maybe others. These would all appear to be pirated.