WWDC Countdown Clock

LOL! .... it makes me wonder ... is there a Windows based event so hyped like this? ... i can NEVER remember being all that hyped when i only had a Windows PC ... maybe i never got so involved, i ono? ...Anyone else feel the same!?

LOL! .... it makes me wonder ... is there a Windows based event so hyped like this? ... i can NEVER remember being all that hyped when i only had a Windows PC ... maybe i never got so involved, i ono? ...Anyone else feel the same!?

yes, just recently.. the Windows 2003 launch..

The only time I remember being this hyped was for the WindowsXP Launch, that was before I came to the Mac World ;)

That "Music Event" was pretty cool, I remember watching the CNN Webcast of that :blush: and reading a lot of the Rumour site posts :ninja:

I guess being a Mac User really does mean you become part of this "cult" :woot:

.... 18 Hours, 22Mins and counting :shifty:

As a pc user what the hell is WWDC?

basically, its the release of a bunch of new apple products (processors, OS, and some other surprises).

check out www.apple.com for more info

Are all the apple stores broadcasting it? Like if I just went down to my local apple store would I be able to watch it?

Only some of the Apple Stores are showing the keynote.

Click Here for a complete list of which stores are showing the Keynote

... 6 Hours 37 Mins remaining :ninja:

I could not fall asleep thinking about future mac products. One in my head was this...I was thinking about if apple released a mac tablet today...what features it would have and what it could do...

The Tablet Mac : sporting features like 802.11g, bluetooth, firewire 800, 40gb toshiba 1.8 inch hd, usb2.0, 8 inch color screen, runs mac os x Panther and includes a webcam which rotates and can be adjusted to move into any angle so people can conduct wireless video conferences using iChat. It would weigh just 1 pound, and runs any program that can be run on a decked out PowerMac, albeit slower. Costs just $799.

The device introduces Mac OS X to the masses thanks to its low price, eventually leading more and more people to incorporate the mac operating system into their daily routine. Thanks to the wide public appeal of this product, 802.11g begins a mass rollout at coffee shops, Metro Systems, and city/town centers and even public school systems to accompany the slurry of the devices with 802.11g running windows that follow and try to emulate apple's tablet. However, they don't have mac os x.

Students use it as their agenda book with addresses and phone numbers. So many students eventually own some kind of small tablet device that some school districts attempt to distribute class assignments, essay promps, and class schedules via 802.11g to students in the classroom. Students can easily download classroom schedules and view them using iCal.

(iCal, adress book, 802.11g)

Teenagers on the go use it to communicate with their friends, and listen to music while doing homework using the pen-enabled tablet.

(iChat, Inkwell )

Business people use it to conduct wireless video conferencing, or use it on airplanes to watch their favorite movies downloaded wirelessly from the new iMovie Cinema Store. They can view there upcoming busy schedules and effortlessly edit their own personal schedules along with viewing where their work schedules will take them.

(iChat, iMovie Cinema Store, 802.11g, iCal)

Artists use it to create drawings and sketch their ideas when on the go.

(InkWell)

Edited by rocks1985

Nah that won't happen anytime soon.... Steve said himself that Apple had no plans of making a tablet device (due to the fact that using a pen/stylus is terrible)

We would more likely see something more like one of them hybrid devices (the ones that have a built in keyboard & a touch sensitive screen) but not for some time.

... 6 Hours ... 16 Mins

You don't type things out. You use inkwell's text recognition feature. From apple.com:

"Inkwell recognizes your handwriting. Just write on a graphics tablet, and Jaguar turns it into typed text at the cursor in any application. Inkwell just works with all your existing applications. No upgrades, no application changes are necessary. " and it says a lot more.

Look just read all about it here.

Hey does anyone remember the rumor that Mac OS X Panther will include "voice activated logons"?

That would be so cool... kinda StarTrekky lol

Hey does anyone remember the rumor that Mac OS X Panther will include "voice activated logons"?

That would be so cool... kinda StarTrekky lol

i havent heard anything about that...would be cool though. hopefully it wouldnt be a hassle...i remember setting up voice activation for XP one time and it took a good hour and a half to set it up and then only worked half the time. Apple seems to do it right most of the time though, so i guess we'll see.

Yeah, my first experience with Voice Recognition was with ViaVoice way back in 98/99 I had to train the bugger to recognize my voice, by reading it Alice In Wonderland :(

Yeah, my first experience with Voice Recognition was with ViaVoice way back in 98/99 I had to train the bugger to recognize my voice, by reading it Alice In Wonderland :(

that must've been a major pain. i remember i thought it was sooo worth it and then i realized that it only worked for about 3 programs...major dissapointment