13-04-2010. New MacBook Pro's Released

Well, Macworld 2010 starts today so we'll have an answer sometime during the week. Either that, or it shows up (or not) on the Apple Store first.

Annoys me how Apple does this just to create hype, there is no need to take a store offline just to update it, its quite unprofessional.

But it would render a website like this useless :(

Annoys me how Apple does this just to create hype, there is no need to take a store offline just to update it, its quite unprofessional.

It's actually a very clever marketing technique - it instantly draws a stupid amount of attention to any new products, with practically no cost.

It's actually a very clever marketing technique - it instantly draws a stupid amount of attention to any new products, with practically no cost.

I don't think it's clever, I think it just stupid. I had never see newegg website closed because of new products updates. It is really unprofessional.

I have never understood this either....

I don't think it's clever, I think it just stupid. I had never see newegg website closed because of new products updates. It is really unprofessional.

You might think it's unprofessional and stupid but every time Apple takes their stores offline for a product update it has every tech site around the world blogging about it. So, to be honest, the format works... very well.

Apple store isn't anything like Newegg.

But it would render a website like this useless :(

In my eyes, that site is already useless, as I went onto it, and it just has a big "No!" to say the Apple Store isn't down, then I went to the Apple Store, and it is down.

EDIT: Oh snap! As soon as I posted that, that site is now saying "Yes!" instead of "No!" :p

Apple really has to offer something very cometitive nowadays.. I was thinknig that I'm definitely updating to an MBP 13" before CES '10, but now there are several sexy options from Sony. Hope Apple can put up a decent config to compete :rolleyes:

could be new mac books....or could be the ipad, last time i checked it wasn't on the store as something you could buy, just a page with details, so maybe they're adding it for pre-orders?...

loving the isapplestoredown :)

could be new mac books....or could be the ipad, last time i checked it wasn't on the store as something you could buy, just a page with details, so maybe they're adding it for pre-orders?...

loving the isapplestoredown :)

iPad won't be available until late March at the earliest.

And Apple is the best at it. It's amazing that so very few has learned to use this technique as well as Apple has.