2010 Summer Football Transfers

Arsene Wenger will have a transfer kitty of up to £45 million to spend on strengthening the Arsenal squad this summer, it can be revealed today.

Independent analysis of Arsenal's financial results and income has confirmed that Wenger will be one of thePremier League's most cash-rich managers during the next transfer window.

A report due to be published imminently by the respected Arsenal Supporters' Trust will show that the club's prudent financial dealings are beginning to pay dividends.

"The forecasts based on the half-yearly results that go up to last November and the income that we know the club is generating on the football side and the property side are very healthy," a source close to the report told Goal.com UK.

"The club is in very robust financial situation. During the last summer transfer window, the property side was a disaster but that is not the case anymore."

"At a conservative estimate, £30m will be available to Wenger but it could be up to £45m."

I doubt Wenger will spend that much.. Chamakh on free and possibly a keeper and a CB if Gallas goes for a total of £10-15M

Players linked to us according to Goal.com:

Mario Balotelli | Inter & Italy

Estimated value: £18m

Marouane Chamakh | Bordeaux & Morocco

Estimated value: Free

Carlton Cole | West Ham & England

Estimated value: £9m

Sebastian Frey | Fiorentina & France

Estimated value: £16m

Hugo Lloris | Lyon & France

Estimated value: £20m

Felipe Melo | Juventus & Brazil

Estimated value: £21.5m

Takayuki Morimoto | Catania & Japan

Estimated value: £9m

Steven Mouyloko | Hull City & France

Estimated value: £2m

Loic Remy | Nice & France

Estimated value: £13m

Hugo Rodallega | Wigan & Colombia

Estimated value: £10m

I expect Silvestre, Gallas and possibly Eduardo to leave..

Heard a very interesting rumour from a friend today.. according to him Arsenal are preparing to swap Eduardo for Hugo Lloris.. unsure.gif Would a be great deal for us.. but do Lyon really need another striker at the expense of a top class keeper?? I doubt it.. blink.gif

Heard a very interesting rumour from a friend today.. according to him Arsenal are preparing to swap Eduardo for Hugo Lloris.. unsure.gif Would a be great deal for us.. but do Lyon really need another striker at the expense of a top class keeper?? I doubt it.. blink.gif

wouldn't that be fantastic :rofl:

which is why I said why would Lyon want him, especially as Lloris is part of the deal...I would ask for ?25m + Eduardo

Speaking to ESPN Soccernet Peter Hill-Wood said:

"Arsenal do not expect those to be broken. They said they are not interested [this summer].

"Subsequent to the conversation, if they are interested at any time in the future, they would come to us direct.

"However I'm not sure they are going to do that, because they told us they are pretty happy with what they have got and are pretty happy with their current players.

"If you want my opinion, I'm not sure he would even get in their team.

"Do they need him? I'm not sure that they do. And they said to us they are not interested."

Wigan Athletic pair Hugo Rodallega and Charles N`Zogbia will be playing for Sundays opponents Arsenal next season after a deal has been agreed to see them make the switch once the season is over.

According to a source the deal is worth £22 million to the Latics and both players have already passed medicals at Arsenal, agreed personal terms and been shown around their new place of employment.

Source

The german daily paper The Bild says Florentino P?rez is ready to make an offer for Wayne Rooney. Cost: 103M ?. Plus a daily salary of 40000?. It's 1666? per hour. :blink:

source

The german daily paper The Bild says Florentino P?rez is ready to make an offer for Wayne Rooney. Cost: 103M ?. Plus a daily salary of 40000?. It's 1666? per hour. :blink:

source

I said so in the CL thread.. they will come for him this season or the next (if he has another season like this).. they might even want to see how he does at the WC and if he's the same they'll go for him..

Good news for Gunners fans?

"I think we can overcome [Chelsea]," he said. "For a while we were not investing maybe because we had built the stadium but I think our financial situation is now becoming much stronger and we will be capable to buy the players we need to buy."

"No we cannot [compete] on wages with Chelsea. That is simple. I believe what is not normal is not our wage bill but their wage bill because that should not be allowed.

"However they cannot all go to Chelsea, it is as simple as that. There are top players outside of the ones Chelsea want to buy who are good enough for us."

Source: Arsenal.com

I have sort of mixed reactions to this.. on one hand he says we can buy everyone we need but then at the end what I get from what he says is that there are players who are not good enf for Chelsea so they don't want them but they are good enough for us? blink.gif

Arsenal set to sign Bordeaux striker Marouane Chamakh

Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger looks set to bolster his attacking options after he revealed there is a "good chance" he will sign Marouane Chamakh this summer.

Bordeaux striker Chamakh, 26, has been strongly linked with a move to the Gunners since last summer and is available on a free transfer from June.

"He's one of the players who has a good chance to join us," said Wenger, who is reported to have ?30m at his disposal.

"We will announce the deals after the league finishes."

Chamakh joined Bordeaux in 2000 and has netted 15 times for the French champions this season, including five goals in their run to the Champions League quarter-finals.

The Morocco international recently confirmed he was set to quit Bordeaux at the end of the season, stating: "It's practically sure.

"I've just five weeks left here, it's up to me to have nine great matches to go as far as possible with Bordeaux."

Although Chamakh's strike gave Bordeaux a 1-0 victory over Lyon in the second leg of their Champions League quarter-final tie, it was not enough as Lyon went through 3-2 on aggregate.

The forward has won many admirers this season and in February he revealed that Arsenal, Liverpool and Tottenham had been in contact, but he denied signing a pre-contract agreement with the Gunners.

Chamakh, who was also heavily linked with West Ham at one stage, has regularly expressed a desire to play in England.

Chamakh is better than Bendtner IMHO, so it might be a good thing for Arsenal. But don't you Gunners touch Lloris, he is ours. :D

Berbatov to Ac Milan for ?20M? Ahahah no! We give you Berbatov + ?20M and you give us Pato. Now we're talking. :D

Source (yes I know, The Sun blabla)

And Zoran Tosic wants to stay at Cologne, I said no too. The boy is very talented and with Giggs and Scholes not getting any younger (but still fresh!) we will soon need a player like him.

Arshavin eyes Barca move

Arsenal forward Andrey Arshavin has admitted he would relish the opportunity to play for Barcelona.

The Russia international playmaker came close to joining the Catalan giants from Zenit St Petersburg in July 2008, before moving to Emirates Stadium the following January.

Arshavin limped out of the first leg of Arsenal's 6-3 aggregate defeat by Barca in the UEFA Champions League quarter-finals at the end of March after suffering a calf injury from which he is still to recover.

He believes the opportunity to join Pep Guardiola's defending European champions would be too good to turn down, even though they wrecked the Gunners' dreams of continental glory.

"Even playing just one season for Barcelona would make a pinnacle of my whole career," Arshavin told Sport-Express newspaper.

Genius

"Barca are the best team in the world and I enjoy their style of play so much. But after watching them against Arsenal the enjoyment has quickly turned into sorrow.

"They are so much better than anybody else at the moment."

Barca are facing a fight to defend their trophy, having suffered a 3-1 defeat away to Inter Milan in the first leg of their semi-final, a result which Arshavin believes was down to the Italian giants' manager.

He said: "It's all (Jose) Mourinho's magic. He is a genius.

"I think there are three coaches who are the best in the world - (England manager) Fabio Capello, Jose Mourinho and (former Russia manager) Guus Hiddink. If I would pick a coach for the Russian national team, I'd want one of them to be our boss.

"(Arsenal manager) Arsene Wenger is also a good coach but not for Russia."

Southampton+v+Charlton+Athletic+q2xOXB6RYazl.jpg

Liverpool are set to sign Charlton's highly rated 18-year-old midfielder Jonjo Shelvey after the League One club gave them permission to hold talks.

Shelvey travelled to Merseyside on Tuesday and has already undergone a medical, with the Merseysiders set to pay an initial ?1.7m fee.

The England youth international has made 48 appearances for the Addicks since making his debut aged just 16.

Shelvey has made 27 appearances this season as Charlton push for promotion.

(BBC)

Rooney to Madrid?

Rumours have been rife that Real Madrid may be preparing a summer move for Wayne Rooney - and now the Manchester United striker himself has contributed to the speculation while filming an advert for a forthcoming video game.

Spanish website Sport.es reports that while on location in Barcelona, Rooney's representatives requested that the striker recorded two versions of the commercial: one in which he wears Manchester United red, and the other in which he sports a white kit, as worn by Spanish giants Real Madrid.

This could, of course, be a case of the Spanish media putting two and two together and getting five - Rooney might have well been filming in England's home and away colours, for example.

Then again, if he was actually wearing the respective clubs' kits, then this could be the strongest hint yet that Rooney is willing to join his old team-mate Cristiano Ronaldo at the Bernabeu.