Wiring PC, PS3 and TV together

Hello ladies and gents,

I am facing a bit of conundrum. I am trying to manage audio/video connections of the following components:

- Creative Audigy 2 ZS

- HP LP2475w

- Playstation 3 Slim

- Sennheiser RS120 wireless headphones

- Logitech X-140 speakers

To follow:

- Toshiba Regza 32-in FullHD 1080p LCD TV

What I'd like to do is as follows (aka Action Plan):

1. Connect audio from PC to speakers and headphones -- easy, a 3.5mm stereo splitter does the job.

2. Connect video from PS3 to PC monitor (later, this video feed will be to TV instead) -- no problem, PC monitor has HDMI input

3. Connect audio from PS3 to speakers and headphones -- difficult, as output from PS3 is optical digital and input to speakers is 3.5mm

4. When TV is obtained, connect audio and video from PS3 to TV (easy, via HDMI) and have a separate audio feed to headphones -- difficult as described in (3) above.

What complicates matters further is that I'd like to be able to switch between audio feeds from PC and PS3 for headphones, but only be able to switch between feeds to speakers until I get the TV.

I'd appreciate any tips and "best practices" advice regarding this. Especially since quite a bit of money is involved and I don't want to screw it up :blush:

Thank you in advance! :D

As a follow up to this, can someone please let me know if it's possible to take SPDIF signal and output digital stereo on the other end? This is because my PC monitor outputs HDMI's audio via SPDIF and I'd like to connect that audio to my 2.0 speakers and headphones. Many thanks again chaps :)