WWDC Summary

Can anyone post the URL to the actual keynote stream file ? - as U may know QT sucks bigtime in Windows, but i have media player classic and the quicktime alternative so i shoukd be albe to play it if i know the URL

I think I've found my baby.

? 1.8GHz PowerPC G5

? 1024MB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 4 DI(Gonna buy 2x256 from Crucial.com)

? 160GB Serial ATA

? DVD/CD-RW

? ATI Radeon 9600 Pro 64MB, ADC/DVI

? Apple Keyboard

? Mac OS

? One FireWire 800 port

? Two FireWire 400 ports

? Three USB 2.0 ports

? Apple Mouse

Subtotal ?1,568.77

Gonna keep my 18.2" TFT, MS Wireless Keyboard and Logitech MX700. I'm:happy:ooooooooo happy :happy:

I want one,

But not untill I've actualy seen one.

I'm still in two minds about the case. I know that apple never make bad looking things, but ....

? 1.8GHz PowerPC G5

? 160GB Serial ATA

? DVD/CD-RW

? Apple Keyboard

? Mac OS

? One FireWire 800 port

? Two FireWire 400 ports

? Three USB 2.0 ports

? Apple Mouse

Subtotal ?1,568.77

Gonna keep my 18.2" TFT, MS Wireless Keyboard and Logitech MX700. I'm:happy:ooooooooo happy :happy:

How did you get the 1.8 that cheap?

I can get one from my company through the business store

? 1.8GHz PowerPC G5

? 512MB DDR400 SDRAM (PC3200) - 2 DIMMs

? 160GB Serial ATA

? DVD/CD-RW

? Apple Keyboard

? Mac OS

? One FireWire 800 port

? Two FireWire 400 ports

? Three USB 2.0 ports

? Apple Mouse

Subtotal ?1,453.84

Total excludes vat but company can reclaim

is it possible to get any of the other processors in dual config? can you add one later? i want the dualy 2 gig. is it worth upgrading to the 9800pro?

The 9800 is only worth it if you're really into gaming (which lets face it, is a bit redundant on the Mac). I'm gonna upgrade to the 9600 Pro, I'll still be able to play games, just not at speeds like 300fps :p My 9700 Pro is underused as it is on the PC, there's no reason for me to go as high again.

yeah, i was thinking the same thing. saves a few hundred bucks too.

now i hope we don't have another 12/17" AlBook fiasco again. i hope these really ship in august. they couldn't have made the same mistake twice.

Wow! That was pretty Awesome! i have to reitterate what someone said earlier about the "Show Desktop" button on Windows, this is ONE THING you sure do miss on OS X. There's Applescripts which could do it, but it was annoying 2 say the least. I can see Xpos? being a feature you soon won't be able to live without!

I have to admit tho, i am NOT as excited with Panther, as i was with JagWire :pp) ... i think its because now equipped with Jaguar, our Mac's are very much feature complete, whereas before it, we were on that transitional period. I still cannot wait for it, don't get me wrong, after all, what did we really see? There's TONNES to come! ... ROLL on the "Public" *cough* BETA:pp;)) haha

Safari!? Man, this thing got a whole lot faster for me, since v74. Loving it!

iChat?! Has anyone tried the Video yet?! WOW, i've never see Video so SLICK! I could actually see the refresh lines, on ma buddies CRT monitor, it really is awesome, when you think of how crappy most video conferencing type "thingies" are like!

iSight? I was looking to get something like the iBot, not so long back ... the $149 price tag is kinda off putting, especially, as Dazzla said, if we POOR englishmen get STUCK with the crappy $1 = ?1 Ratio ... that'd be $247!:(:(

G5? Man, this is a beauty!! The case, surely will grow on me, its currently "ok" ... it jus reminds me of my waste paper bin a little too much @ the moment!:blush:h: ... But there's no questioning the design! Sound?! Yea 9 fans sure did sound kinda off putting, i am looking forward to hearing one of these ... or rather NOT hearing one of these!

OK man, i said my piece, i enjoyed my evening no doubt... and it was nice to have 2 apps to play with also!:D:D

Peace guys!

? 1.8GHz PowerPC G5

? 160GB Serial ATA

? DVD/CD-RW

? Apple Keyboard

? Mac OS

? One FireWire 800 port

? Two FireWire 400 ports

? Three USB 2.0 ports

? Apple Mouse

Subtotal ?1,568.77

Wow thats freaky. Exact same config that I was looking at. From the 9600 to no superdrive. The extra ram may have to wait though. Machine first...upgrade later

Are they in fact not available at all until August? If I'm wroing, I'm ordering on Friday...

Sweeeet.

Did they mention when OS X 10.3 will be released? I may have skipped over something (or not).

Argh. I want an iBook, but the G5 system sounds sooo sweet.

I think I might try to get one around Christmas, to see what they do with the iMAcs, and if they don't upgrade them, then i'm just going to get the 1.8ghz G5 with a 17" monitor maybe. :happy:

I'll be using my adc discount to get the middle end machine, it will be slightly cheaper than the regular price of the entry level. Even though I have a mac(iBook), it will be my first tower. Can't wait! :D

i'm more excited about Panther now!!! my god... the new Finder is just awesome!!! Expose... with mx500, Expose is.... i'm speechless... :woot:

Screw it....I'm gonna get the Dual 2.0 and scrap the Superdive since I have one in my Powerbook and get 4 gigs of ram for it. With the Cinema Display it should last me a long while. Anyone wanna buy a Dual 1.25 Powermac? :whistle:

Screw it....I'm gonna get the Dual 2.0 and scrap the Superdive since I have one in my Powerbook and get 4 gigs of ram for it. With the Cinema Display it should last me a long while. Anyone wanna buy a Dual 1.25 Powermac? :whistle:

How much?