old nikon dSLR batteries

Well yes, as in it can't use anything other than an EL9a battery (or the magical AC adaptor) in the D5000 :p

That sux... I hate paying $30 for a nikon branded battery and just dump the two I already have :pinch:

Try Selling them?

Argote, hard to, in Honduras, central america... not many dSLR fans here.

yea they'll work in the larger bodies (D70 80 90 100 200 300 700), Im guessing (my D50 battery works in my D90).

Finally another nikonian! But sadly you're Guess isn't enough, thanks though :( I don't want to overvolt my camera :s I need to be sure!

yea they'll work in the larger bodies (D70 80 90 100 200 300 700), Im guessing (my D50 battery works in my D90).

D50 battery wont fit in a d90. I have a d60 and d90. I was hoping my d60 batteries would fit but i had to buy and extra for my d90. Now i have sell my d60.

D50 battery wont fit in a d90. I have a d60 and d90. I was hoping my d60 batteries would fit but i had to buy and extra for my d90. Now i have sell my d60.

Hmmm? D50 is not the same as a D60!

Wow! MR_candyman thanks the energizer ones are $20 bux on amazon!

Hi-Capacity Equivalent of ENERGIZER ER-DENEL9 Battery by Hi-Capacity

Buy new: $22.95

awwwwwwwwwww )(&^*&^ i reversed it in my head. The D90 battery fits the D50. My bad, sorry guys.

Sigh :/

awwwwwwwwwww )(&^*&^ i reversed it in my head. The D90 battery fits the D50. My bad, sorry guys.

Sigh :/

hmmmm where's that darn -rep button when you need it :p

Argote, hard to, in Honduras, central america... not many dSLR fans here.

Can't you post it in mercadolibre.com? Posting if free and they just get a cut if you actually sell the item.

Can't you post it in mercadolibre.com? Posting if free and they just get a cut if you actually sell the item.

Honduras isn't a member of mercado libre and shipping through local mail is around $10 :s then we have "usps sucursal" which costs $20 for normal usps priority mail :no: So if I were to post it would have a desperate person to pay for the shipping cost + whatever I ask for it. Meh... i'll try posting it there, if someone just pays for the shipping i'd gladly send it to them instead of letting it rot to uselessness.

Don't buy off-brand batteries. I have 3 and 2 of them failed in a very short period of time. All three of them are Phottix branded, one of which is slightly different than the other two and strangely enough it still works just fine. The other two simply don't charge up any more. Buy branded if you really need the extra battery. Yes, they cost more, but you get the quality and guarantee that it will work, as you should.

I've got 2 offbrand batteries that last just as long as the nikon ones. *shrug*

It's a gamble. With branded batteries you know they will just work without a problem. Also if an off-brand damages your camera in some or another way, say goodbye to your warranty.

It's a gamble. With branded batteries you know they will just work without a problem. Also if an off-brand damages your camera in some or another way, say goodbye to your warranty.

how would they know which battery did the damage...? And I've never heard that using an off brand battery voids your warranty. And I've never heard of an off brand battery damaging a camera it was designed for.

How will they know? If the battery explodes (Li-ion battery can do that) inside the camera, I don't think you will be changing it before sending it off to repairs. If a faulty battery short-circuits the electronics, you will have to send the faulty battery for them to examine and verify that it was indeed the battery that caused the damage. Yes, chances are slim to none for something like that to happen. But if it does, your warranty is gone. With the original, the manufacturer will replace both the camera and the battery no questions asked.

Seeing how most off brands are made in China, chances of getting a faulty battery because of the poor QC are somewhat higher than with the branded batteries which are made in Japan. Surely, there's never a guarantee that the original battery will not fault, but at least you have the warranty may something happen.

One of my off brands, Phottix (not quite sure about the other two, they don't state brand nor where they were made), was also made in Japan and still works, but not quite. When putting it in D700, the head display will tell that the battery is empty. After the camera is turned on, only then battery is recognized and the charge is read. Hence why I don't use it very often anymore.

ok well ... I honestly think you're making a big deal out of nothing. I've honestly never heard of off brand batteries EXPLODING.

I have two off brand batteries and 1 original battery, making a total of 3 batteries total, taking 21,000 photos, half of those with VR, and they all perform equally.