Camera Bag For Dlsr

Can anyone recommend a camera bag, preferably not camera bag looking. Something casual but will hold camera and a couple of lense's. Or do people use normal backpack with padding ?

i just bought a Domke F-3X not long ago and like it. The reason i bought it was because it wasn't too camera bag-ish. Only thing i would say though is that the less it looks like a camera bag, likelihood is that it is less effective it is at carrying a camera (especially protecting it).

So, whilst i recommend the Domke range, they could do with a little more padding. Having said that, i don't plan on throwing the thing around.

This is the one I use I've had it for over 2 years now and it has been to the beach, jungle, skiing and many more places. It's good size without being to big and can handle your dslr a couple of lenses charger and cables.

http://www.amazon.com/Lowepro-SlingShot-All-Weather-Digital-Backpack/dp/B000BAX50G/ref=sr_1_11?ie=UTF8&s=photo&qid=1266521140&sr=1-11

Hope this helps

Personally I just carry my stuff around in a normal backpack and/or vertical messenger, both have enough padding to fit all my junk without damaging and enough so in case of a fall, stuff might not break, never liked those camera bags, they get to much unneeded attention.

Patagonia Single Shot

Edit: But then again I don't carry that much gear around, basically body with lens attached, extra battery and maybe another lens.

IMO the Lowpro bags scream "Steal this bag: it's got expensive kit inside" (they're great bags, but pretty of obvious).

I think that's only to anybody who knows what a lowepro is.

IMO the Lowpro bags scream "Steal this bag: it's got expensive kit inside" (they're great bags, but pretty of obvious).

I'm a fan of Crumpler bags - they look more like standard back packs/messenger bags. For example

+1 On Crumpler...

The 3 Million dollar messenger is awesome, i'd definitely buy it if I already didn't have a messeger bag.

I have a Tamrac backpack camera bag that works well for me. Bottom half holds the camera/lenses, top half is used to hold whatever I need it to hold.

The Crumpler bags do look a lot nicer though.

I have a lowerpro. Zip pocket on the back, zip pocket on the flap that goes over the top, zip pocket on the front with 3 sections and another zipped compartment inside that. It then has 2 mesh pockets either side for cards I guess or filters. Inside it has 3 compartments, 1 my telephoto lens is in, the body then goes into the middle section with my smaller lens on and the charger fits into the 3rd slot. The bag itself is about 10" cubed and comes with a shoulder strap as well as a comfy handle.

If I can find the exact one online I'll post the spec.

Edit - it's a Nova 1 AW

I've had myLowepro Photo Trekker AW for about 2 years now. It's been a good experience. Loads of room, and surprisingly good padding. I have rolled down a mountain with it on my back and surprisingly nothing was damaged. I keep a small keyed master lock attaching both zippers together on the main compartment. The tripod holder is wonderful to have too.

• 2 weeks later...

How about this...

All-Site-Store-ad-banner3-bowler.png

Not bad at $39 though tbh I'd feel a bit gay walking about with what amounts to a handbag, lol. Might be different in the US where it would defo be recognised as a bowling ball bag,