Xbox Live Moderator Gone Wild

A transcript would be nice and some context. It's kinda hard to tell who is who...... I'm not saying that this moderator isn't doing something wrong or misusing his authority but also that doesn't mean that the guy didn't violate the terms of service at some point.

So, who moderates the moderators? Surely there's a way of officially complaining?

Posting vids on Youtube and trying to round up support doesn't seem to me like the best course of action. You're paying for a service, and providing you abide by the TOS, if you've been unfairly banned from that service, then there should be an easy and obvious method of getting your incident reviewed.

What did the guy do?

Context, please. Otherwise it's useless. Anyone can make videos of only the parts that support his point of view.

It is unclear from the video what exactly the guy was getting banned for. But what was clear was that the moderator was being a bully (and very unprofessional) both through voice mail and in-game chat. I wouldn't want him representing my company. Microsoft should fire him.

I'm not renewing this years xbox live.

Because of one moderator being an asshat? That seems a bit over the top. Major Nelson has brought attention to this and it will get taken care of. This is not the way they normally work.

StepTo made the comment that the video was edited and no action can be taken due to it, because they don't know whether or not the ToU violations actually happened or not.

Because of one moderator being an asshat? That seems a bit over the top. Major Nelson has brought attention to this and it will get taken care of. This is not the way they normally work.

and again. it's not even proven.

an easily edited online video is not proof

StepTo made the comment that the video was edited and no action can be taken due to it, because they don't know whether or not the ToU violations actually happened or not.

Yea I agree. He is trying to get somebody in trouble and can't make a definitive video about it? It is also kind of weird that this person was all ready to capture the event on a nice low level account that it wouldn't matter whether or not he was banned on.

It is unclear from the video what exactly the guy was getting banned for. But what was clear was that the moderator was being a bully (and very unprofessional) both through voice mail and in-game chat. I wouldn't want him representing my company. Microsoft should fire him.

I don't understand. This kid obviously did something wrong, which he didn't show in the video (it was heavily edited). The moderator warned him repeatedly, as a moderator should when someone breaks the rules.

The moderator even says: "I was there, and I saw what you did."

Please tell me exactly what the moderator did wrong. How is it "bullying" to give a user more warnings than he probably deserves? I'm guessing the user in question abused the moderator severely, then edited that out and only left parts of the moderator's response in there to make him look as bad as possible.

But that's just my experience with trolls and abusers who get caught and then try to cover their tracks and blame the moderator for doing his job.

The moderator even says: "I was there, and I saw what you did."

He makes it personal, many times he says that hes going to get every account banned on every console for even asking about what is going on, the guy is on a power trip.

Yes, banning the guy's multipul accounts when teh guy was clearly on a secondary account is totally beyond the pale...oh wait... it's a completely justifiable action. Hurt them where it actually matters and they won't do it again.