Xbox Live Moderator Gone Wild

He makes it personal, many times he says that hes going to get every account banned on every console for even asking about what is going on, the guy is on a power trip.

Wait, how do you know this? Again, the video is clearly heavily edited. How is it personal if the kid has been repeatedly violating the rules?

I find the video comments rather illuminating, though:

"Lupo has a long history with the pro when it comes too modding and hacking. How many accs are banned from you to this date Lupo? just curious."

So it seems that what we are seeing here is a mod who knows the kid and his history, and has caught him red-handed once again.

Other comments:

"Now that you got banned for cheating, now you can go outside and do something more productive with your life."

"MW2 modderscheaters deserve it. I'm glad you're off Xbox Live now.

Well done ThePro, another ass-munch bites the dust."

"Stepto, head of Xbox enforcement, has talked with both parties and this user who uploaded the videos had modded and hacked his xbox and cheated through MW2. The Pro was apologetic about his tone, but everything this user did to provoke him was edited out of the video. The Pro did nothing wrong in this case."

"There were caught GS modding and 10 prestige hacking which is very bannable. He left out where they were threatening him and actually flaming him"

"Should also take your mod videos down. I thought you were just a victim of this but saw those videos and could care less on how he acted towards you. You lost all credibility with those videos and if Microsoft investigates it they WILL come upon those videos...so good job"

"And he banned the new account because it's tied to the console. It's not hard to tell that it was still you trying to get a reaction out of him."

Seems obvious that the mod was doing the right thing, and not just because the dishonestly edited video which clearly takes everything out of context. I don't even think the mod was too harsh or getting too personal.

Added: What about this one?

"His xbox tag isn't even "The Pro". It's a modded tag (you can see his tag talking in game and it doesn't say "The Pro""

As bad as this sounds, I doubt an Xbox Live moderator would do this out of the blue. I'm sure the video has been edited to leave out the harassment that provoked him to suspend accounts and rightfully threaten people.

Moderator or not you'd think that many years handling this you'd learn to not get provoked by the idiots on Xbox Live. Regardless of what happened, I still think "The Pro" was being a douchey mcdoucherson.

Moderator or not you'd think that many years handling this you'd learn to not get provoked by the idiots on Xbox Live. Regardless of what happened, I still think "The Pro" was being a douchey mcdoucherson.

Was about to say the same thing. Clever editing is one thing, but making comments about how much money you make and saying things like you'll ban every console they ever signed in on just makes you sound like a complete tool who would screw people over. This is not the kind of person I would want moderating one of my products. Whether he's justified in banning users or not.

Microsoft respond to ?Corrupt? Xbox Live Moderator video

Stephen Toulouse, Director of Policy and Enforcement for Xbox LIVE, has today responded to the video that has surfaced on the internet of a video that apparently provides incriminating evidence of a ?corrupt? Xbox Live Moderator.

Toulouse begins by stating ?Yes I?ve seen the heavily edited video of The Pro. He was policing 10th prestige MW2 modding which results in gold account and console ban.? He then re-confirms what many were expecting ? that the video has been heavily edited to omit the threats aimed to provoke The Pro, ?I did enjoy the the explanation about the audio being totally off/1 sided cause his ?capture card went crazy? when its clear it was edited.?

The way in which The Pro spoke across Xbox Live is still under criticism, with Toulouse explaining ?While I will speak to him about his tone, the audio is clearly recut to omit the threats and ToU violations the others were saying to him.?

He then clarifies the role of the Moderators, ?We try to do our job protecting the service dispassionately,? before reiterating that ?[The Pro's] comments about console banning were out of context and referred to modding.?

Toulouse then finally declares ?Case closed, thanks for bringing it to my attention!?

News Source: TheLostGamer

:laugh: Awesome mod. :D

What makes you think he was "provoked" by anything? All I heard was a moderator who busted some kid with a long history of hacking red-handed hacking once again.

Was about to say the same thing. Clever editing is one thing, but making comments about how much money you make and saying things like you'll ban every console they ever signed in on just makes you sound like a complete tool who would screw people over. This is not the kind of person I would want moderating one of my products. Whether he's justified in banning users or not.

Clearly the video was heavily edited. How do you know the actual context of the "every console" remark? Why do you automatically assume that the moderator is wrong?

The kid seems to have a history of using hacks and mods, and the mod simply states that he will ban the user because of said hacks. When the mod said he would ban every console, it was because the kid was modding them all.

Stop. Defending. Abusers.

What makes you think he was "provoked" by anything? All I heard was a moderator who busted some kid with a long history of hacking red-handed hacking once again.

Why else would anyone retort the way he did? He was provoked by someone with the probably age of ~17 or so. You "heard" what you heard because the video was edited; Why else would he have made comments out of the blue?

A little common sense is required here. Anyway, like I said, of all people, a mod should know when to bite his tongue and to just do his job instead of making himself look like an ass with his comments--regardless if they were warranted or not. Would you act like a Douchey McDoucherson to your customers?

Wow, this is rather disappointing of a Mod... What a shame... I will never understand people with egos like this... I guess it's people being given authority that otherwise would never find themselves in a position of authority... That's always a recipe for disaster...

Why else would anyone retort the way he did? He was provoked by someone with the probably age of ~17 or so. You "heard" what you heard because the video was edited; Why else would he have made comments out of the blue?

A little common sense is required here. Anyway, like I said, of all people, a mod should know when to bite his tongue and to just do his job instead of making himself look like an ass with his comments--regardless if they were warranted or not. Would you act like a Douchey McDoucherson to your customers?

I agree. Good post.

Wow, this is rather disappointing of a Mod... What a shame... I will never understand people with egos like this... I guess it's people being given authority that otherwise would never find themselves in a position of authority... That's always a recipe for disaster...

^ Didn't read the thread. whistle.gif

There isn't much to argue here; the video was clearly edited. The kid broke the rules, and the mod. did his job.

I have to agree, however, that the moderator's remarks were completely unnecessary; he's supposed to be a professional. If that's the way that he acts out every time that a person breaks the rules, and teases him, I say: hire someone who is better qualified.

I have read a lot about this story on other sites as it interests me, and clearly the kid did edit the video heavily to make himself seem like an angel when he was not.

With that said, I do believe "The Pro" was completely unprofessional. While what myself and him do and clearly do different levels of moderation, what my "motto" so to speak as a Moderator here has always been is "lead by example."

What I mean is although I am human, and sometimes I do slip up, more often than not I conduct myself in the same exact way I am asking people and "enforce" people to conduct themselves. If I conduct myself like an idiot, I have no right telling others they cannot be idiots themselves.

So that is where I feel this "The Pro" guy is completely out of line. Yes, we are missing parts of the video where apparently he gets attacked and baited so to speak, but due to his position, it is his responsiblity and job not to never be disrespectful or rude towards anyone. So I do not care what they said, he is supposed to be the bigger person and "lead by example." I would say he is clearly someone whose position of so called authority has gotten to his head. I really do not care what was said towards him or what may or may not have been done at the end of the day, from what I have heard, he definitely needs to tone it down quite a bit.

I don't care WTF "the pro" is or who he works for. NO! power like this should be allowed, no PMS fits from STAFF of xbox live. If this is allowed I'm out. I willl not play and invest in my arcade games and gamer score to have some ****ing little **** ban my account. My wifes account was banned for no reason for a day then majicly unbanned after talked to support for hours! If you can be randomly banned and banned by doucha bags like the PRO I don't WANT TO PLAY YOUR ****ING GAMES plus pay $50 per account per year!

I don't care if it's real or not. IF MICROSOFT EMPLOYEES ARE ACTING LIKE THIS they should be fired. If Microsoft allows xbox live staff to play and ban at the same time, then why not allow the REF in any sport to play too. It's ****ing stupid! IF XBOX LIVE GAMERS are repersenting xbox live staff they should be BANNED!

We are all having a problem in our Countries with trust and the elected and corprate bull****, don't screw your customers or your customers will screw YOU!

Edited video, user deserved to be banned, but moderator said a lot of things he shouldn't have.

Especially discussing pay, that was just idiotic on his own behalf.

Edited video, user deserved to be banned, but moderator said a lot of things he shouldn't have.

Especially discussing pay, that was just idiotic on his own behalf.

And that is a key factor. He is a PAID employee. If he was just a volunteer like the Mods for example lets say on here, then sure, him having an off day is acceptable and can be written off as he is a human and has flaws. However once it is your job, and you are paid for said job, that means no matter how idiotic and immature the kids may be on XBox Live, he simply cannot stoop down to their level, ever.

I would embed but there is a lot of pretty bad swearing. This might kind of justify the mod's actions a bit more, still unprofessional, but that kid acts like he's 5 years old...