Xbox Live Moderator Gone Wild

Why else would anyone retort the way he did? He was provoked by someone with the probably age of ~17 or so. You "heard" what you heard because the video was edited; Why else would he have made comments out of the blue?

He responded the way he did because he had just caught a repeated abuser red-handed abusing the system and violating the rules again. Indeed, the video was edited, and as the evidence clearly seems to show, it was edited to make the moderator look worse than he actually was.

A little common sense is required here. Anyway, like I said, of all people, a mod should know when to bite his tongue and to just do his job instead of making himself look like an ass with his comments--regardless if they were warranted or not. Would you act like a Douchey McDoucherson to your customers?

The common sense here would be to not believe the lies abusers throw around. The video attempted to make the mod look like an ass with heavy editing, by taking his comments out of context.

The mod wasn't douchy. He simply enforced the rules against a repeat offender.

Wow, this is rather disappointing of a Mod... What a shame... I will never understand people with egos like this... I guess it's people being given authority that otherwise would never find themselves in a position of authority... That's always a recipe for disaster...

At least read the thread before jumping to conclusions.

1. The video was heavily edited to make the mod look as bad as possible.

2. The mod was warning a repeat offender who was caught red-handed, and who signed up with a new account.

3. The guy has a history of violating the rules and hacking games.

Also, this:

At first I figured it was a mod on a power trip. And then I hear the unedited video.. of course, the truth has ultimately come out. Listening to the filth coming out of that kids mouth, I think the Moderator took the right actions quite frankly. Way too many of these kids who get brave because they have the power of anonymity over the internet.. but you know if you rocked up to their house they'd be a bit more well behaved ;)

Makes me laugh too.. that kid doesn't even sound like he's gone through puberty yet - let alone talking been going round ****ing peoples grandma's.. idiot.

He responded the way he did because he had just caught a repeated abuser red-handed abusing the system and violating the rules again. Indeed, the video was edited, and as the evidence clearly seems to show, it was edited to make the moderator look worse than he actually was.

He responded the way he did because he was baited by a teenager. His responses? No needed. When you are a paid employee, you do not retort to your customers bragging about your salary and/or what powers you have. Do what your job entitles you to do and get over it. If you read my initial post that you failed to do, you'd see that I even stated that yes, the video is edited.. But the fact still remains the Pro acted like a Douchy McDoucherson.

The common sense here would be to not believe the lies abusers throw around. The video attempted to make the mod look like an ass with heavy editing, by taking his comments out of context.

The mod wasn't douchy. He simply enforced the rules against a repeat offender.

Unfortunately, I already stated that the video was edited. Doesn't change the fact that mod did in fact look like an ass regardless of what was said to him. Hence the fact that I said he was provoked. Do you know what the word provoked means?

No one is commenting about the fact that the video was created by someone consistently violating Xbox's policies. People are commenting on the poor behavior of the moderator and how you need to have more tact with this job.

He's been doing this for Microsoft for how long, yet he still acts like a little baby that had his sucker stolen away? C'mon.

I've been playing on Xbox Live long enough to have common sense. If someone wants to call me names, **** talk, or do whatever else.. I'm not going to sit there and scream about how they're living in their mom's basement, how I have a job and they [probably] don't.. and deny that I'm not a fat kid that has no life.

I'm going to just ignore them (and omg Xbox has integrated this awesome thing that lets me MUTE people, holy crap!!!!!) and move on. The Pro should have looked around for "evidence" his needed, suspended/ban whomever he had to and move on.

He responded the way he did because he was baited by a teenager. His responses? No needed. When you are a paid employee, you do not retort to your customers bragging about your salary and/or what powers you have. Do what your job entitles you to do and get over it. If you read my initial post that you failed to do, you'd see that I even stated that yes, the video is edited.. But the fact still remains the Pro acted like a Douchy McDoucherson.

What responses weren't needed? Please be specific. And please show that these were not taken out of context.

He's been doing this for Microsoft for how long, yet he still acts like a little baby that had his sucker stolen away?

Really? In what way?

Preke, if you're not really grasping what I'm saying in any of my posts, don't even worry about it anymore. ;) :whistle:

So you are saying that you can't back up your claims with specific examples or evidence?

I would embed but there is a lot of pretty bad swearing. This might kind of justify the mod's actions a bit more, still unprofessional, but that kid acts like he's 5 years old...

My favorite comment from that:

A whole generation of mouthy little ****s is going to have to face younger versions of themselves soon enough.

Then it will just devolve into who can say the word "****" more I imagine.

I just think it's amazing that XBL has a figure, Major Nelson, who would respond so publicly and quickly to an obviously edited video and actually speak to inform the users of what's going on. That speaks to the strength of the service to me. As an example, I know if something similar were to happen to you on WOW with one of their GMs, jack would happen and they wouldn't even respond to you. They just give you that silly survey to do after service. I can't speak for Steam but overall this bodes well when people are actually responsive.

I hate these ****ing little ***** kids. Just because they can hide behind a screen and a fake screen name they think that they can talk **** and talk like they are the god or something. I hope Darwin's theory kicks in soon about the stupid being weeded out....soon.

I hate these ****ing little ***** kids. Just because they can hide behind a screen and a fake screen name they think that they can talk **** and talk like they are the god or something. I hope Darwin's theory kicks in soon about the stupid being weeded out....soon.

Lots of idiots on PSN and Live, that's why it's best to try and play with people you know from a community like this.

It's really just a maturity thing, but in saying that there are still "older" people in their 20's still acting like children online. It's really what pushes me to SP gaming, although it can depend on the game, due to the popularity of FPS games in general, the strive for competition in them, and then MW2 having such a large install base you're just more likely to come across immaturity.

I'm glad the guy is banned, but moderators, especially when paid do have to be very careful, which is why I still stand by my comments earlier.

Personally I am glad the Mod was there and done his job so effectively. Another cheating clown off xbox live. Granted his attitude could have been knocked down a few pegs.

I have read the following from Stephen Toulouse on joystiq.com

In a statement to Joystiq, Toulouse said, "The player behavior in question and subsequent interaction with the moderator violated the Xbox Live Terms of Use and Code of Conduct. The Xbox Live moderator followed protocol and, while he regrets his tone, the video was heavily edited to omit the inappropriate behavior and we fully support the moderator's decision to take action against the offending players."

It should be noted that iTzLuPo, the YouTube user who originally uploaded the video, admits that he is a modder in his user bio, stating, "I am now part of one of the best Glitching/modding clans there is on Xbox LIVE." He also lists "Glitching/Modding/tutorials" as so-called hobbies.

Original Link

As far as glitchers/hackers are concerned, IW and Xbox forums are filled with cry-babies complaining about their bans because they cheated.

One thing that I would like to know from Microsoft is how many bans have been sent on MW2. My guess is that the number is quite huge compared to the usual activity on XBL, so I can imagine that 'The Pro' had a bad hair day, especially because of the load of work. That's not very professional of him, sure but I blew some fuse at CP glitchers too.

So, for me, not only the banned players is guilty not only of cheating but also of trying to masquerade the truth.

wow, a lot of you kids need to grow up and learn about the world of photoshop and audio/video editing.

The guy who made the vid is a known xbox 360 modder and hacker. He has a site about it. He was reported for hacking, along with most of the people he has friended.

Before you just jump to conclusions, maybe you should all hear the audio he cut out of his video, where you hear them all saying how they will kill his mother and a lot of other harsh words. The mod was in the right on everything he did, and the kids in this video deserve no sympathy, respect, or anything else; as they are not respectable humans themselves.

both partys are at fault

player got what he deserved hacking the game

the mod should of done it in a professional way

sorry, but when you don't show respect to someone else, why should they show any bit towards you? doesn't matter if its a job. You want to act like a ass, you will get the same right back. Either learn the golden rule or become a victim of it.