I'm back, managed to get quite a few of those Arceus downloads (have quite a few copies of the game, brothers etc). I'm almost at the Elite Four with my Platinum game. Soon as I get that done, I'm going for as complete a Pokedex as I can, so will trade some of these Arceus I have spare (I only want 1 or 2). First offers go to the Neowin community!

Pokedex 493

Name: ARCEUS

Type: Normal

OT: MICHINA

ID No.: 02010

Level: 100

Item: Rowsap Berry

Moves:

Judgement - PP10

Normal, Special, Power 100, Accuracy 100

Description: The user releases countless shots of light. Its type varies with the kind of Plate the user is holding.

Roar of Time - PP5

Dragon, Special, Power 150, Accuracy 90

Description: The user blasts the foe with power that distorts even time. The user must rest on the next turn.

Spacial Rend - PP5

Dragon, Special, Power 100, Accuracy 95

Description: The user tears the foe along with the space around it. This move has a high critical-hit ratio.

Shadow Force - PP5

Ghost, Physical, Power 120, Accuracy 100

Description: The user disappears, then strikes the foe on the second turn. It hits even if the foe used Protect.

Pretty awesome!

I know this sounds a little weird, but please tell me the music in the game is a remix of the original GBC versions :p

I'm back, managed to get quite a few of those Arceus downloads (have quite a few copies of the game, brothers etc). I'm almost at the Elite Four with my Platinum game. Soon as I get that done, I'm going for as complete a Pokedex as I can, so will trade some of these Arceus I have spare (I only want 1 or 2). First offers go to the Neowin community!

Pokedex 493

Name: ARCEUS

Type: Normal

OT: MICHINA

ID No.: 02010

Level: 100

Item: Rowsap Berry

Moves:

Judgement - PP10

Normal, Special, Power 100, Accuracy 100

Description: The user releases countless shots of light. Its type varies with the kind of Plate the user is holding.

Roar of Time - PP5

Dragon, Special, Power 150, Accuracy 90

Description: The user blasts the foe with power that distorts even time. The user must rest on the next turn.

Spacial Rend - PP5

Dragon, Special, Power 100, Accuracy 95

Description: The user tears the foe along with the space around it. This move has a high critical-hit ratio.

Shadow Force - PP5

Ghost, Physical, Power 120, Accuracy 100

Description: The user disappears, then strikes the foe on the second turn. It hits even if the foe used Protect.

Pretty awesome!

I would love one if you can spare one. I don't have Platinum, so I can't get it. :(

I know this sounds a little weird, but please tell me the music in the game is a remix of the original GBC versions :p

Yup. I love the Goldenrod theme!

Also, I heard from somebody that there's an item to actually change the music to the original GBC versions...

Also, Pasty, I was thinking about doing that but I was too afraid that somebody would snag my pokemon before I got to it. Unless I did something insane like ask for a level 1 moltress lol.

Believe so.

Also, maybe it's just me, but I'm feeling the battles aren't laggy anymore like they were on Diamond/Pearl. Maybe it's just a sort of placebo effect, but that's how I feel at least.

LOL. I did that with pokemon red. Trained Charizard... He basically beat the entire league on his own. Haha, that made me remember when I first discovered the daycare man in Red, I gave him an oddish at the beginning of the game. I COMPLETELY forgot about it. After i had already beaten the pokemon league a few times, I just started wandering around the map and stumbled upon his little house. "What's this?"

Walked in and remembered... ... It cost me a fortune to get him back. Level 52 oddish became part of my team LOL.

Wow, that's me exactly, Charizard and all! Except it was a high level magikarp, not oddish. :p

If you have any left I would love one too, not really got anything super rare to offer though, on my HeartGold ive got all 3 starters I can breed if you need any of them.

My Squad at the moment:

bkggslpjcfoy0v0756q1.jpg

I started with Chokorita, the other two starters i got by breeding someone else's starters with a Ditto, the Mew is from the Japaneese Nintendo Wi-fi event last November.

I just picked up the Pikachu-colored Pichu on my platinum. Would anyone mind if I traded it to you, then loaded up my soul silver and trade it back? lol, it's too risky to try trading with myself through GTS.

WoW! Thought I was the only Pok?mon Supporter here :)

I am getting both HeartGold and SoulSilver next week (Friday March 26th) when they get released in the UK. Can't wait!

My Team for SS:

Totodile (Starter)

Chikorita (Egg)

Cyndaquil (Egg)

Pidgey

Nidoran (Pokewalker)

Mareep

HG:

Chikorita/Cyndaquil (Gotta Decide)

Pidgey/HootHoot

Togepi

Nidoran

-Two Others- (Maybe Spinerak)

Might switch them around...

I've always felt that the Gold/Silver (and the remake) versions were the freshest. New game mechanics, interesting legendaries and stories, nostalgia factor (you get to see Kanto and battle the main character from the last game!). The fact that it was a sequel made it more fun than the unrelated games that followed.

Just a heads up to those playing... if you're looking to get Giratina on HG/SS, you can trade it over from Platinum. What you cannot do though is trade over the Griseous Orb which brings it out of defensive stance.

Apparently, the only way to do this is to have Arceus from the Arceus event. :pinch:

I just bought Platinum a couple weeks ago ... Still playing it, then I will grab this. I've played Pokemon since it came out and always enjoyed them! I'm 27 now ... been so many years!

I've just discovered the wonders of breeding pokemon...lol. If anybody would like a Cyndaquill that already knows flamethrower at LEVEL 1 LOL, let me know. I can mass produce Cyndaquill eggs! Well, I have one hatched and 2 eggs right now, but I'll give one or two away if anybody wants one.

Edit: Now up to 2 Cyndaquills and 2 eggs.

This is going to help a bunch trading on the GTS :D

Edit again: My entire party (besides the one required) is composed of just cyndaquill eggs now :rofl:

I just bought Platinum a couple weeks ago ... Still playing it, then I will grab this. I've played Pokemon since it came out and always enjoyed them! I'm 27 now ... been so many years!

Platinum is quite fun :) There is around 15 legends you can get :D. So it is quite worth the buy. I bought it :)

Alright, I'm at 7 or 8 hatched Cyndaquills and 5 eggs. One is reserved for Tech Star. Would anybody else like one? :laugh:

Thank you. I got to figure out this friend code thing first then I will send you mine. :p

Thank you. I got to figure out this friend code thing first then I will send you mine. :p

Haha - just open up the Pal Pad in the Key Items bag. If you haven't gotten it yet, talk to one of the ladies at the Pokemon Center and they'll give it to you.

I've just discovered the wonders of breeding pokemon...lol. If anybody would like a Cyndaquill that already knows flamethrower at LEVEL 1 LOL, let me know. I can mass produce Cyndaquill eggs! Well, I have one hatched and 2 eggs right now, but I'll give one or two away if anybody wants one.

Edit: Now up to 2 Cyndaquills and 2 eggs.

This is going to help a bunch trading on the GTS :D

Edit again: My entire party (besides the one required) is composed of just cyndaquill eggs now :rofl:

So you were just breeding your starter pokemon (Cyndaquill) and when it hatched at level 1... it knew flamethrower?

It's not a hacked Pokemon? genuine bred, hatched from the egg?

I was wondering, because I was given a Charmander which had flamethrower at level 1, and I was told it was bred from a hacked Charizard.

I thought it was a bit unusual having flamethrower at level 1. Maybe they just keep the same moves as the "parent".

So you were just breeding your starter pokemon (Cyndaquill) and when it hatched at level 1... it knew flamethrower?

It's not a hacked Pokemon? genuine bred, hatched from the egg?

I was wondering, because I was given a Charmander which had flamethrower at level 1, and I was told it was bred from a hacked Charizard.

I thought it was a bit unusual having flamethrower at level 1. Maybe they just keep the same moves as the "parent".

It's definitely genuine, unless Prof. Elm gave me a hacked Cyndaquill starter :rofl:

I think they learn their parents moves. It knows 2 of it's parents moves and 2 of it's original moves.

Edit: Though after checking Serebii, flamthrower and hidden power are not on the egg move list for Cyndaquil :wacko:

It's definitely genuine, unless Prof. Elm gave me a hacked Cyndaquill starter :rofl:

I think they learn their parents moves. It knows 2 of it's parents moves and 2 of it's original moves.

Just wondering who did you breed the Typlosion with. Because normally to learn level up moves it needs two parents both with Flame thrower. So ditto would not work I don't think. Just wondering.

Just wondering who did you breed the Typlosion with. Because normally to learn level up moves it needs two parents both with Flame thrower. So ditto would not work I don't think. Just wondering.

Breed with a ditto I just got through the GTS.

Sigh, well I guess I have 15 illegitimate Cyndaquils now. I can't find anything on google about it knowing flamethrower / hidden power as a level 1...