I picked up both myself :) this game is freaking awesome!

I want SoulSilver so bad, but first I need a DS.

I'm so tempted to buy a DS just to play Pokemon, but I did the same thing when Pokemon FireRed was released and wasted the money (finished the game and the GBA SP is collecting dust).

If only someone gave me $160 :)

The Global Trade is kinda' silly. It seems like everyone wants unrealistic trades for all their pokemon. All I wanted was a weak little Larvitar, but for a lvl 1-10, obviously they wanted a lvl 100 mew in return, etc. So ridiculous lol. I've yet to see just a normal trade...

The Global Trade is kinda' silly. It seems like everyone wants unrealistic trades for all their pokemon. All I wanted was a weak little Larvitar, but for a lvl 1-10, obviously they wanted a lvl 100 mew in return, etc. So ridiculous lol. I've yet to see just a normal trade...

Thats 12 year olds for ya eh?

I want SoulSilver so bad, but first I need a DS.

I'm so tempted to buy a DS just to play Pokemon, but I did the same thing when Pokemon FireRed was released and wasted the money (finished the game and the GBA SP is collecting dust).

If only someone gave me $160 :)

A used DS chunky is like $60, you could then trade it and SoulSilver back for like $40-$50 total. Loss of money but at least you can get some back and get to play the game.

I grabbed SoulSilver today and just playing a little of it reminded me of why Silver is one of my all time favorite games.

Only 10 hours :p

I forced my way though everyone. plus I only train 1 pokemon, my starter then I give exp share to red gyarados and caught lugia, so was very easy, just like I remembered it. my old silver had around 200hrs on it before it's battery died

I've pre-ordered both HeartGold and SoulSilver.

My fiance is going to have SS, I'll have HG... since we both owned the originals of these :)

Really looking forward to picking them up on March 25th.

I have no doubt they will be game of the year for DS.

Only 10 hours :p

I forced my way though everyone. plus I only train 1 pokemon, my starter then I give exp share to red gyarados and caught lugia, so was very easy, just like I remembered it. my old silver had around 200hrs on it before it's battery died

LOL. I did that with pokemon red. Trained Charizard... He basically beat the entire league on his own. Haha, that made me remember when I first discovered the daycare man in Red, I gave him an oddish at the beginning of the game. I COMPLETELY forgot about it. After i had already beaten the pokemon league a few times, I just started wandering around the map and stumbled upon his little house. "What's this?"

Walked in and remembered... ... It cost me a fortune to get him back. Level 52 oddish became part of my team LOL.

I've put about 34 hours in Soul Silver so far... Crazy. I've got all the badges, but my pokemon are too weak for the league, so I'm going to train them all to level 50 before I try. By the way, when do you get Exp. Share again? Is that after you beat them?

after you get red gyarado go to mr. pokemon and he give you exp share in exchange for the red scale. you reminded me I have a pidgey and a togpie in the day care, bet that's going to expensive

after you get red gyarado go to mr. pokemon and he give you exp share in exchange for the red scale. you reminded me I have a pidgey and a togpie in the day care, bet that's going to expensive

Wow, thanks. I got Red gyrados ages ago and didn't even think of going to Mr. Pokemon.

My son's school had to outlaw Pokemon card trading for a while because the older kids were fleecing the little ones.

Happened at our school, children became addicted and even stole cards off others.

Getting the game after i buy Battlefield Bad Company 2. I been looking forward on playing this game. Considering Pokemon Silver is probably the top 3 games i put many hours in.

I got mine preordered; bought Platinum to get up to speed in the meantime! So many rares from the GS games just common in the wild! There are events coming up around the world, giving away a free Arceus that unlocks a mini sidequest in GS/SS that shows a bit of storyline background. Check out the event list around the world: http://www.serebii.n...entevents.shtml

EDIT

Also, if you connect using Mystery Gift to Nintendo Wifi to check for tickets, you can get a Pikachu-coloured Pichu (its just shiny, still cool) that if you also trade to HG/SS also unlocks a sidequest that allows you to get a Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, one of your choice.If you choose the Giratina in this quest, you get an item attached that allows another sidequest to happen. Bonus footage!

I got mine preordered; bought Platinum to get up to speed in the meantime! So many rares from the GS games just common in the wild! There are events coming up around the world, giving away a free Arceus that unlocks a mini sidequest in GS/SS that shows a bit of storyline background. Check out the event list around the world: http://www.serebii.n...entevents.shtml

EDIT

Also, if you connect using Mystery Gift to Nintendo Wifi to check for tickets, you can get a Pikachu-coloured Pichu (its just shiny, still cool) that if you also trade to HG/SS also unlocks a sidequest that allows you to get a Dialga/Palkia/Giratina, one of your choice.If you choose the Giratina in this quest, you get an item attached that allows another sidequest to happen. Bonus footage!

Good info. How would one transfer that to HG / SS if you only have one DS, though? I checked mystery gift on HG / SS (Didn't even know it was an option until you mentioned it lol) and it didn't find anything. Serebii says it's just for pearl, platinum, and diamond... But I don't happen to have another DS to trade with myself.

I honestly didn't know it would be this good. I'm so glad my brothers have a Nintendo DS. Saves me from buying one, haha. Gold version is my favourite Pokemon game of all time. I still remember how much fun I used to have when it was first released in North America. Ah, the good old days of playing it on my lime green GBC.

I honestly didn't know it would be this good. I'm so glad my brothers have a Nintendo DS. Saves me from buying one, haha. Gold version is my favourite Pokemon game of all time. I still remember how much fun I used to have when it was first released in North America. Ah, the good old days of playing it on my lime green GBC.

If you loved the original you will love the re make, Gold was my fav back in the day too, I remember playing and completing some bad Japanese translation over a year before it came out here. When my mate told me some shop in our town would import the US version for £30 i went down the next day and got a copy 6 months before it was out in the UK! :D

Fast forward about 10 years and mine and my mates US imports from Play-Asia has just been delivered today, I actually had no idea this is been released over here next friday... :whistle: lol but hey its worked out at £25 delivered each, which appears to be cheaper than anywhere else selling it in the UK, plus we have it a week early :)

hg-ss1.jpg

hg-ss2.jpg

Good info. How would one transfer that to HG / SS if you only have one DS, though? I checked mystery gift on HG / SS (Didn't even know it was an option until you mentioned it lol) and it didn't find anything. Serebii says it's just for pearl, platinum, and diamond... But I don't happen to have another DS to trade with myself.

You need D/P/Pt, Cant use HG/SS to get it. Thats the point I think, that you need to know someone/buy both and trade it over, so its more "exclusive" lol.

Oh and Platinum is way better than Diamond/Pearl, the battle speed has been fixed - battles now feel quick, searching for rare Pokemon is not nearly as annoying! I highly recommend it if you liked D/P but got put off by the slowness or anything else. I like the storyline better as well, its easier to train up throughout the game while not hanging about too long in one place. Good for a Pokemon game!

I think you can trade with yourself between the Sinnoh/Johto regions, via the GTS - befriend yourself in both games, and send from one to the other. I've never actually traded over the GTS before but I think its set up so you don't have to be online at the same time - it's "sent" from your "outbox" and they just "receive" it in the "inbox", and vice versa, and both Pokemon are "gone" for 1-3 hours or so. Hence, if you have both HG/SS and a Sinnoh game, you can just trade with yourself. Long-winded but it might work! Or just borrow another DS :D

I'm going in town in a few hours to grab an Arceus download. Ooo this brings back old skool memories!