Yeah, it's like I checked the stats of my Pidgeot at the same level as Staraptor. And Staraptor has about 40 higher Atk, 10 higher HP, and 30 higher speed. Yes it has less Sp.Def and Sp.Atk. But who needs those on Staraptor? And what are the chances of it surviving a Thunderbolt/Ice Beam anyway.

Heh, I used Staraptor as my Platinum replacement of Pidgey evolution line.

I'm considering sending over a Gible and evolving it up to a Garchomp, was a pretty awesome Pokemon in Platinum, but I'm waiting till I get the National Dex before sending anything over, just to make it somewhat fair, lol.

I have one decided Pokemon for my final team thus far, which is Tyranitar, just need to plan the rest out so I can cover the types but also all the HM's.

Question for everybody here. I just spent about 100k on buying 2 proteins, 2 calciums, etc. Why can't I use them on any of my pokemon?

I think its to do with the EV's the pokemon already has in the stat related to the vitamin, I think if the stat you are trying to increase with vitamins already has maxed EV's you cant use it. I think thats how it works i could be wrong though its been a while since i looked into that whole thing.

Also you can only use those vitamins 10times i think, so if you have already use 10 before then you wont be able to use anymore

I think its to do with the EV's the pokemon already has in the stat related to the vitamin, I think if the stat you are trying to increase with vitamins already has maxed EV's you cant use it. I think thats how it works i could be wrong though its been a while since i looked into that whole thing.

Also you can only use those vitamins 10times i think, so if you have already use 10 before then you wont be able to use anymore

Two of the pokemon have never received vitamins before and they can't use a protein, iron, calcium, or any of the other ones at all. My Tyranitar has been given two proteins already and my Slopoke has been giving two proteins as well.

Two of the pokemon have never received vitamins before and they can't use a protein, iron, calcium, or any of the other ones at all. My Tyranitar has been given two proteins already and my Slopoke has been giving two proteins as well.

Do you know EV training? Basically, each Pokemon can earn up to 510 EV points over all of their stats (HP, Atk, SP Dfns, etc.), though no more than 255 in any one stat. Once it reaches 510 points, it won't gain any more. You get EV both through battling wild Pokemon, and vitamins. For instance, if you defeat a Pidgey, you get 1 or 2 points in your speed EV.

Vitamins can raise a stat 10 EVs at a time (so it's easier than battling wild Pokemon) but it will only raise any one stat up to 100. To get that stat all the way up to 252, you have to get the rest of the EVs through battling wild Pokemon. So if you have an EV stat raised to over 100 already through battling wild Pokemon, vitamins won't raise it anymore.

There are certain berries you can feed your Pokemon which raise their happiness but take away EV points. It can help you "reset" your EVs to redo EV training, like if you want the EVs in just two stats, instead of all over the board (which is what you get when you level up a Pokemon by battling random Pokes throughout the game).

2ju0ix.jpg

Team Eevee ftw.

I just breezed right through the Cianwood City gym in one fell swoop. Didn't even have to take a potion.

How did you get your Eevee team?

Do you know EV training? Basically, each Pokemon can earn up to 510 EV points over all of their stats (HP, Atk, SP Dfns, etc.), though no more than 255 in any one stat. Once it reaches 510 points, it won't gain any more. You get EV both through battling wild Pokemon, and vitamins. For instance, if you defeat a Pidgey, you get 1 or 2 points in your speed EV.

Vitamins can raise a stat 10 EVs at a time (so it's easier than battling wild Pokemon) but it will only raise any one stat up to 100. To get that stat all the way up to 252, you have to get the rest of the EVs through battling wild Pokemon. So if you have an EV stat raised to over 100 already through battling wild Pokemon, vitamins won't raise it anymore.

There are certain berries you can feed your Pokemon which raise their happiness but take away EV points. It can help you "reset" your EVs to redo EV training, like if you want the EVs in just two stats, instead of all over the board (which is what you get when you level up a Pokemon by battling random Pokes throughout the game).

Bah, all that money wasted. Thanks for the heads up and great post.

How did you get your Eevee team?

I breed Eevee.

My friend got a female one, and I got a male one.. I breed them for desired Characteristics and Natures. If you want one, let me know, I do charge for a pokemon with an item, and if you want it to be a female or an Umbreon or a Espeon.. it's the smallest amount. If you want it to be a female Umbreon or a Espeon with a certain characteristic, it'll cost you a little more. However if you want it to be a female Umbreon or a Espeon with both characteristics and natures decided by you, it'll be the most.. usually a shiny and a nugget on that shiny.

I'll name it at no charge. :)

Just let me know.

The reason I say this is because females are 12.5% of the Eevee population and to get a pokemon with the characteristic AND nature you want is a 1 in 750 chance. :)

I breed Eevee.

My friend got a female one, and I got a male one.. I breed them for desired Characteristics and Natures. If you want one, let me know, I do charge for a pokemon with an item, and if you want it to be a female or an Umbreon or a Espeon.. it's the smallest amount. If you want it to be a female Umbreon or a Espeon with a certain characteristic, it'll cost you a little more. However if you want it to be a female Umbreon or a Espeon with both characteristics and natures decided by you, it'll be the most.. usually a shiny and a nugget on that shiny.

I'll name it at no charge. :)

Just let me know.

The reason I say this is because females are 12.5% of the Eevee population and to get a pokemon with the characteristic AND nature you want is a 1 in 750 chance. :)

I would like a Eevee but sadly, my DS phat does not work with my WiFi router. The newer models (DSi, ect), do.

I would like a Eevee but sadly, my DS phat does not work with my WiFi router. The newer models (DSi, ect), do.

Is that because your WiFi router doesn't have "b" enabled or because your not using a WEP password?

I was just wondering because my friend can't get on either and he's not amused, lol.

Ah thanks for clearing that up, I knew I was on the right track but couldnt remember all of the details. (Y)

Does anyone have any of the flying pikachu.. ?

I managed to get a surfing pikachu but still looking for a flying.

Either disable your router's security for a few minutes or change it to WEP. Also, I'm pretty sure that the DSi, etc. can only use WPA for certain games that have been released so far. Pokemon's not one of them. (According to friends who've tried.)

So, I have a lot of Pokemon available to trade if you want something. Here's a list. These are all on my Pearl version btw.

The only reason I have a lot of the same poke is because I used an AR to clone them up, that's all I used it for, this means that I can keep a copy and still trade to others. I have put this list on another site so I'd get in quick if you're after something.

Spr_4h_132.png

Ditto's, 6 of each

Lv.35, 30/31 in Atk and SpAtk, Lonely

Lv.31 30/31 in SpAtk, Timid

Lv.29 30/31 in HP, Atk, SpAtk, Lonely

Spr_4p_466.png

Electivire, 3 only

EV'd in Atk and Spd

Earthquake, Cross Chop, Ice Punch, Thunder Punch

All holding Expert Belt

Spr_4p_491.png

Darkrai, Pokemon Movie 07, ONLY 2

Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Nightmare, Hypnosis

Holding Enigma Berry

Japanese name.

Spr_4p_452.png

Drapion, ONLY 2

EV'd in Def and HP

Impish Nature

Moves don't matter, just teach it good stuff ok?

Spr_4h_135.png

Jolteon, 4 of them

EV'd in Spd and SpAtk

Timid Nature

Thunderbolt, Substitute, Hidden Power Ice, Baton Pass

Spr_4p_469.png

Yanmega, 6

Modest Nature

Speed Boost ability

EV'd in SpAtk and Spd

Protect, Hidden Power Ice, Bug Buzz and Air Slash

Spr_4h_133.png

Eevee, LOTS

Lv.1 Bold Nature

Some have a 5 in SpAtk, some have a 6.

Adaptability

On another note, traded away one of the Yanmega's to someone for a shiny Modest Eevee, currently training it as a Glaceon now. :)

On another note, traded away one of the Yanmega's to someone for a shiny Modest Eevee, currently training it as a Glaceon now. :)

NOOOOOOOOOO!! :( You could have gotten SUCH a good deal from me for that :(

I collect Eevee :(

NOOOOOOOOOO!! :( You could have gotten SUCH a good deal from me for that :(

I collect Eevee :(

No I just recieved it, I traded away the Yanmega :p

It's being trained into a Choice Glaceon :p

So, I have a lot of Pokemon available to trade if you want something. Here's a list. These are all on my Pearl version btw.

The only reason I have a lot of the same poke is because I used an AR to clone them up, that's all I used it for, this means that I can keep a copy and still trade to others. I have put this list on another site so I'd get in quick if you're after something.

What would you like for that Darkrai?

Guys this probably sounds incredibly stupid but I'm going to ask anyway. What are those funny looking rock ladders? I just figured they were some HM I would get later in the game but I just beat Blaze the 7th gym in Kanto and I still have no clue what they are. :p

Edit: Just beat the 8th gym leader in Kanto, never mind... :p