1963 Pontiac Catalina for sale

:blink: look at the trunk. why were they so big in those days?

I dunno but you could cram at least 8 bodies in there.

I figure... if you break bones, maybe even a dozen. ;)

:blink: look at the trunk. why were they so big in those days?

Cars back then were big enough to carry a family of 5-6 (3 front, 3 or more in the back), groceries for a week, and luggage.. They had a terrific ride and you didn't have to worry aboout getting blown off the road by trucks. If yer a tall person like me, you could sit in the BACK SEAT and be comfortable - no bumping the back of the front seat with your knees, there was TONS of head room. The seriously bad thing was the lack of safety features - no headrests, no 3 pt restraints/optional seatbelts, people died in accidents because they were impaled on the steering column, a person could crush their legs on the dashboards in an accident...

My gosh that car looks sweet :wub:

Cars back then were big enough to carry a family of 5-6 (3 front, 3 or more in the back), groceries for a week, and luggage.. They had a terrific ride and you didn't have to worry aboout getting blown off the road by trucks. If yer a tall person like me, you could sit in the BACK SEAT and be comfortable - no bumping the back of the front seat with your knees, there was TONS of head room. The seriously bad thing was the lack of safety features - no headrests, no 3 pt restraints/optional seatbelts, people died in accidents because they were impaled on the steering column, a person could crush their legs on the dashboards in an accident...

I agree, complete death trap, but it looks so nice :D

I wish the cars made today could be comfy and be distinctive like the old cars *sigh*

I usually have to push the seat all the way back when I get behind the wheel, but when I sat in the driver's side my friend's 1970 Chrysler Imperial land yacht, I had to PULL the seat FORWARD...I could stretch my legs out in the back seat...pure ecstacy :wub:

Cars back then were big enough to carry a family of 5-6 (3 front, 3 or more in the back), groceries for a week, and luggage..  They had a terrific ride and you didn't have to worry aboout getting blown off the road by trucks.  If yer a tall person like me, you could sit in the BACK SEAT and be comfortable - no bumping the back of the front seat with your knees, there was TONS of head room.  The seriously bad thing was the lack of safety features - no headrests, no 3 pt restraints/optional seatbelts, people died in accidents because they were impaled on the steering column, a person could crush their legs on the dashboards in an accident...

I agree, complete death trap, but it looks so nice :D

Death trap? Maybe... if you're getting hit by Mack truck.

It might only have lap belts (and none in the back) but it IS a tank.

You can get into a head-on colision with say... a honda or small SUV, and you wouldn't feel a thing.

But yeah, I wouldn't buy this to drive my family in. It's more of a collector's thing. My girlfriend bought it because she thought it was cute. Go figure. heh.