• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Mini spy enabled again & FAQ

Tryckee    0

I can see Mini spy in IE but cannot in Firefox or Seamonkey. Any ideas?

Growled    3,880

and do you love a forum that will have server errors? I would rather a working forum then one that errors

I agree. I'm so tired of this. Just remove the thing already.

+Mystic    10

So glad to have mini spy back! Thanks developers!

+Alan-    11

I like mini spy but hate the server issues. I mean if server issues can't be resolved then no mini spy as I was at least adapting to the 'normal' way of browsing a form.

intrinity1    7

Love the Mini Spy. Thanks for bringing it back!

Roger H.    776

Yeah i saw it come back this morning. I don't really need it as i rather using the full spy and on these 16:10 LCDs at 1280 x 800 resolution, too much stuff so lots of scrolling going on.

Pc_Madness    3

Paste the query you guys are using, can't understand why its causing you so much grief. :\

cybertimber2008    43

Paste the query you guys are using, can't understand why its causing you so much grief. :\

Well... from simple guessing I'd say it is the same for full spy, from forums only, and limit 5.

SimplySchizo    130

ive been getting sporadic "[#2001] Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment" all day. I'm guessing minispy is the cause.

ive been getting sporadic "[#2001] Sorry, the server is too busy to handle your request, please try again in a moment" all day. I'm guessing minispy is the cause.

^^lol just got it 3times while trying to post ad edit this^^

honestly, after hanging around the spy page, the minispy isnt as useful as one would think. i mean if it were a floating script where it would remain ontop of the window regardless how far down one would scroll, its really not efficient otherwise. imo, the server loads are not worth it. the spy tab is more than enough.

• Like 1

agreenbhm    29

Me too.

^^lol just got it 3times while trying to post ad edit this^^

Again, me too.

Disable AdBlockPlus; that's what fixed it for me.

PixilEyes    128

spy-vs-spy_tofu_prv_2.png

Mini Spy Vs. Full Spy

SimplySchizo    130

EDIT

...ok, now this aint cool :(

carmatic    54

honestly, after hanging around the spy page, the minispy isnt as useful as one would think. i mean if it were a floating script where it would remain ontop of the window regardless how far down one would scroll, its really not efficient otherwise.

+1 to that, it would be amazing to be constantly fed updates from the forum without having to scroll up

but yes, fixing the server loads are more important...

SimplySchizo    130

i would much prefer the ability to Hide the "Guidelines & Information for this forum" thats above every section. The hide arrow is there, but it's not active. im a little confused as to whether this was originally intended to allow users to hide or just sit there in permanent view.

i can do without the minispy. spytab ftw.

Syanide    632

Is this on or off? I still don't have it :s

Jamushroom    201

Then you must be using an ad-blocker. Add Neowin.net to the whitelist to allow ads being loaded.

Motoko.    435

I like mini-spy

It caused havok to my fellow neowin members :devil:

+shift.    21

No, its more likely because they named the minispy's div ad header so your ad blocker is blocking it.

I have Neowin on whitelist (doesn't matter though 'cause I'm Tier2 subscriber anyway?)

Rudy    457

I have Neowin on whitelist (doesn't matter though 'cause I'm Tier2 subscriber anyway?)

It would still matter because the minispy is "wrapped" in an "ad" container (just a lame way to trick the adblockers) for ALL users from what I can see (something they should fix since T2 people shouldn't be running into things like that...)

Crazysah    7

I am finally getting used to the new mini-spy. Good work!

+shift.    21

It would still matter because the minispy is "wrapped" in an "ad" container (just a lame way to trick the adblockers) for ALL users from what I can see (something they should fix since T2 people shouldn't be running into things like that...)

I have it on whitelist and I still can't see the mini-spy =\

Disabling Adblock plus makes it available though. The whitelist doesn't seem to do anything...

Matrix XII    38

Thank God!!

I love the mini spy :D

Good work guys!

BoDEAN    68

I enabled it, and see no minispy when browsing the forums.

Yorak    416

I enabled it, and see no minispy when browsing the forums.

Do you have an adblocker? If so, you need to whitelist Neowin (as was already said about fifty times in this thread and others).