Is netWorx a good/safe software?

Hi guys, I was looking for a bandwidth monitoring tool and I found some one in the forum recommended using NetWorx. after checling the description I downloaded and install it on my computer to test it. But during installation Kaspersky AV 2010 showed an alert that this software want an hidden driver software (considering it as a riskware)??? I wasn't sure what to do as it did finish the installation and the software is 99% installed. So I added it to the exclusion list just for reference.

As for that I want to ask some people here about this software if they trust it or not (I need SOME to confirm only to keep it or delete it) as I know kaspersky can be over reacting sometimes.

Please let me know fast guys, and thank you in advance.

This is what you downloaded

http://www.softperfect.com/products/networx/

Then yeah they are respectable company.. I have never heard of any issues with their software. your AV software just doing it job showing that something was being installed that could have nefarious intentions - but in this case just needed to be able to monitor your traffic for your own use ;)

I've been using it for months and I've never had any issues with it. I wouldn't worry about it because they are a respectable company. Like Budman said, your AV was doing it's job.

Hello,

What was the complete and exact message you received from your anti-malware software? Perhaps it was a false positive alarm (e.g., an accidental report of a threat when none is actually present) or a mention of a potentially unsafe program? The latter is a classification used by some anti-malware programs to identify software which may have both benign and malign uses, such as remote desktop applications, password auditing software, commercial keylogging software and so forth. Based on your report, plus my understanding of what the program does, I suspect that it is legitimate and you are seeing a report on the part of the program which intercepts network traffic for calculating bandwidth consumption, but that's just a guess on my part. In any case, Kaspersky has excellent technical support and I am sure they will be able to explain what is going on shortly after you open a support ticket with them.

If you are still uncomfortable with the program, here's a list of other bandwidth monitoring programs I put together a while ago:

AnalogX - NetStatLive

Antamedia - Bandwidth Manager

Bandwidth Meter Pro.Net - Bandwidth Meter Pro

BWMonitor.Com - BWMonitor (d/b/a Plimus?)

DeskSoft - BWMeter

DataOne Usage Finder - WatchWAN

EXPStudio - Bandwidth Monitor

Hagel Technologies - DU Meter

Helleseth, Sindre - Bandwidth Monitor Pro

Hoo Technologies - NetMeter

How2 Solutions - ISP Monitor

Leppie - .NET MyDUMeter

Locktime Software, s.r.o. - NetLimiter Pro

Mitec - Network Meter

NetUsage Project - NetUsage Item (Mozilla Firefox plugin)

PcWinTech - Simple Internet Meter Lite

ReadError - NetMeter

Rokario Software - Bandwidth Monitor 2

Rose City Software - DU Meter

Wizard Software - Bandwidth Meter

Perhaps one of them would be more to your liking.

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I can tell you now that any software from SoftPerfect is Top Notch. I use it all the time . . . Personal and at work. No Spyware, Stable Software, Very useful. What more do I need to say . . .

riskware is not nessecarily harmful so you can chalk that up as a false positive(it can happen)but if your not sure upload the offending file to virustotal.com and decide from that