ati drivers

i tried to upgrade to 3.5 and they didnt work, and too late for undo, and now i cant get it to go back to 3.4, install doesnt work..:(. any workaround? ati radeon 7000. worked before, stupid ati and their no 2k3 compatibility

I'm running 2003 and everything worked fine for me and my 9700... so there isn't any compatibility issue with the Cats and Windows 2003, unless there's I am wrong, and that's been known to happen.

i tried to upgrade to 3.5 and they didnt work, and too late for undo, and now i cant get it to go back to 3.4, install doesnt work..:(. any workaround? ati radeon 7000. worked before, stupid ati and their no 2k3 compatibility

Okay, well I rarely post on Neowin, but I have to take this one. Before you go mindlessly bashing ATI for false claims like that, there is nothing with with ATI. First, Windows Server 2003 is NOT a desktop operating system, ATI doesnt need to make support because its not needed. Second, I have a 7500 in my Server and it works fine. I dont use catalysts because servers dont need further drivers. Anyway, beyond that, to fixing your problem. Try booting into safe mode and installing the 3.4 drivers. If you cant get into safe mode, get another video card and stick it in the computer, boot it up, then install the drivers. Sorry if I sounded mean, not trying to ;)

Windows Server 2003 is NOT a desktop operating system, ATI doesnt need to make support because its not needed.

They clearly are. And people like this annoy me (nothing personal).

You have an ATI Graphics Card in your server then, you want proper supporting drivers of course. Does not matter if the features arent used. You paid for the features you want to be able to use them if you wish. What about control panels? Adjusting gamma? Anything..

ATI are obligated to provide drivers for ongoing support of their hardware - Ignoring customer requests will lose them customers. You can have a server running things that require 3D (such as if you are running a game server - u want it on 24/7 showing battles in progress - just an example) too anyway, might not be common but its not unheard of. Point isnt WHY we want them, point is we SHOULD have them. No excuses ATI, please get it sorted. IMHO ATI should provide these drivers just incase a user needs them, how hard is it for them to add support and fix the small niggles people are having?? :unsure:

I personally havent had a problem with the 3.5's under 2003. Not specific to the 3.5's anyway.

The only ongoing problem im having is with AGP Texturing (been there with 3.2/3.4 and now 3.5 - Stupid SmartGART :/). Apart from that it makes a bloody good Workstation.

they used to work :( now they dont, poops. why shouldnt ati have 2k3 support betaz. rendering farms require the 3d acceleration, does ati not want people to use their products? thats screwed up

they used to work :( now they dont, poops. why shouldnt ati have 2k3 support betaz. rendering farms require the 3d acceleration, does ati not want people to use their products? thats screwed up

Uh, render farms don't use consumer based 3d cards :rofl:

lol its an avi/mpeg format issue what u using to play movies? if you need a good tool look on www.divx-digest.com and get sasimi 2k (spelling may be off) its really good has fix mode for that as well as supersampling if ya need it :)

1. There are utility called Driver Cleaner . Try to clean-up your system and then try again to install Catalyst 3.5;

2. Probably, there are some issues that can prevent ATI drivers install and sucessfull uninstall too! If noting othercan help, try the following (works for me):

DL Omega drivers (a third-party ATI drivers package) and install them, they have a different installer. If all is OK, try to install 3.5 again.

3. Don't pay attention to peoples that says "...that is server OS". Everybody know that Win2003 is not more than pumped XP and everybody that don't pay for it can be happy with win2003 as desktop OS.

Well bad news guys, i posted a question in rage3d about the possibility of drivers for 2003.

CATALYST does not include support for Server Operating Systems. ATI's server products are the RageXL and the RADEON 7000. Both of those products have drivers as part of the Operating System. Until there is a clear business requirement for 3D acceleration support for Server Operating Systems we dont plan on including Server2003 as part of CATALYST.

This is a 5,000 dollar Operating System right? If you bought that OS I assume you are running a server? If so the OEM of the server machine will also be able to provide you driver updates for your 2D card if you need them.