Built in and black mesh

busterbrit

I'm having a custom built in for my TV and had a some questions. I want to make sure I don't do anything I regret after.

I'm putting the speakers above the TV. The speakers will be in their own section with the black mesh covering them. Will the black mesh cause any problems? would it be much better to leave this area uncovered (although the wife will not like that) for sound reasons?

All the components will be below the TV in a cupboard. I'm putting black mesh on the front instead of glass to help it breath better. I have a few questions about this part:

-Will the black mesh help keep things cooler?

-Will my PS3 and wii get a good signal through the black mesh?

-How much room do I need to leave between each compontant (i.e. receiver, dvd player, cable box, wii, PS3)?

Is the black mesh called anything different? I tried looking it up online and I couldn't find anything.

Thanks for your help.

busterbrit

Just checking to see if anybody has any advice.

My biggest question I need to find out is if the PS3 and Wii will work through the black mesh...

help... :unsure:

Sophism

The black mesh should be fine for everything but the wii's sensor bar. Everything else is via bluetooth etc so you shouldnt have any problems.

busterbrit

The black mesh should be fine for everything but the wii's sensor bar. Everything else is via bluetooth etc so you shouldnt have any problems.

Thanks Sophism! Do you think the black mesh will breath better than glass?

Also do you know how much room I should have between Receiver, DVR, PS3...

Thanks Sophism! Do you think the black mesh will breath better than glass?

Also do you know how much room I should have between Receiver, DVR, PS3...

I figured I have 17" in electronics (receiver, dvr, wii, PS3, dvd player) plus 2-3 inches in shelves. If I only had 22" total would that be to compact? I would have the black mesh on the front and holes in the back/top to vent out the back of the built in. I could get rid of a drawer I'm putting in above the components cabinit which would add another 7-8" of space. I would rather have the drawer but not at the expense of over heating all my components.

Thanks again!

Joel

I'm putting the speakers above the TV.

Do you have a picture of this idea?