Maddest dog fight in the world! Lions, tigers, Kangal pawns them all&#3

After doing an exhaustive search, over several months (on and off of course) trying to determine what if any is likely to be the toughest animal in the world, I think I've finally found a winner!

I give you Kangal, king of beasts!

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2972449/turkish_kangal_vs_lion_tiger/

I should say that this decision wasn't reached lightly. I've watched videos of bears fighting lions, tigers fighting leopards, wolves fighting polar bears (these dogs hunt bears BTW so no contest there), Jaguars fighting anacondas, tigers fighting lions and even scorpions fighting giant centipedes, and just about every combination wild on wild fight it's possible to imagine, but these dogs beat them all hands down.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kangal_Dog

They even throw meat into the cage to try to stir things up a bit, and the dogs grab it all and stick kick the big cats arses!

Edit: BTW just in case there's any dispute, I'm not in the habit of watching dog fight videos and I doubt I ever will again, but the question did pop up of what would happen if a Kengal took on an American Pitbull? (In fact I totally support the idea that dog fights like this should be banned.) The answer is out there, but for those sensitive sorts I don't recommend you look. Lets just say that the Kangal took them all. Totally no contest. (don't knock me for doing this, but it wouldn't have been a full answer if I hadn't).

So there we are, the one question a lot of guys vaguely think about from time to time finally answered...

I saw the word pwn in teh topic, I had to see this. That's one badass dog!

Edit: wish anyone could translate what the guy is saying. Probably explaining on how they respect teh dog and why.

If the tigers were serious, it would be over. If you have a dog at ~170lbs against a +300lb tiger that was ****ed, there is no way it'd stand a change. This is all based on familiarity.

Put a mother in there with young cubs and see what happens.

I dunno, I'd love to see how they stack up against hippos, rhinos and saltwater crocodiles.

Well their more agile than Hippos - but I can't find a video for that one. I did find a video for a tiger v's a salt water crocodile - and the Tiger won. So if tiger > is greater than salty, then clearly Kangal > than tiger.

Hippos quite a tough one to call. A hippo isn't so much a fighting animal, more like a big cow with thick skin and sharp teeth. Dangerous when attacked, or approached in the wrong way. But certainly it seems like the one remaining face-off to be decided. However to be fair, maybe it's better to categorise them, since if Kangal is king of the omnivores, then hippos might be kings of the herbivores? Although that still leaves the question of what would happen in a face-off between an elephant and a hippo? (Or maybe even a water buffalo and a hippo?) Mmmm... just when I though I had it all figured out. But I think you can't really decide it until you can be sure that you know the king of the omnivores vs the true king of the herbivores. I suppose my research will have to continue..! But definitely Kangal looks like the hands down winner of meat eaters section. They are even doing hearing behaviour on some of those big cats! They make the cats look like little puss*es, literally!

If the tigers were serious, it would be over. If you have a dog at ~170lbs against a +300lb tiger that was ****ed, there is no way it'd stand a change. This is all based on familiarity.

Maybe. But there's parts of the video where they completely kick the cat's asses. Like the bit when one of the cats has one of the dogs in a head clamp (usually a precursor to a suffocating/death behaviour).

Also to be fair I did a bit more in-depth research than I can admit to or post here. I have seen these dogs work - and I mean really work - and they slayed just about everything they came across.

They use them in Africa to keep big cats away from flocks anyway, and they seem pretty successful at it.

Also there was no familiarity. The dogs got into the cage accidentally.

Agreed

It looks like those dogs are jacked up constantly, but I don't think they'd stand a chance against a tiger with or lion in a similar mood

A bear would pwn all man.

Maybe not: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x523vg_tiger-vs-bear-tiger-kills-bear-tige_animals

Tiger > Bear, Kangal > tiger.

Anyway bear baiting was (and still is) a popular sport and there are breeds of dogs bread specifically for fighting bears. The Kangal is at least, if not better suited to this than most other things. Also it's used to guard against bears in some parts of Turkey, so not just wolves.

Maybe. But there's parts of the video where they completely kick the cat's asses. Like the bit when one of the cats has one of the dogs in a head clamp (usually a precursor to a suffocating/death behaviour).

Also to be fair I did a bit more in-depth research than I can admit to or post here. I have seen these dogs work - and I mean really work - and they slayed just about everything they came across.

They use them in Africa to keep big cats away from flocks anyway, and they seem pretty successful at it.

Also there was no familiarity. The dogs got into the cage accidentally.

LOL the dogs got in the cage accidentally? Its obvious you have no clue what is being said. The lions, tigers and dogs were raised together.

I think they should get a female tiger with some cubs do something with the cubs then let the dogs in and then see who wins. Their is no way a dog would beat a tiger at a straight up fight....these tigers are just playing with the dog.

tigers are the true king of beasts, they were built to kill, dogs arent, even a swipe of their paws can seriously injure those dogs.

imo the kangals arent even the best among the dogs, i think a pitbull can own them in a fight easy.

tigers are the true king of beasts, they were built to kill, dogs arent, even a swipe of their paws can seriously injure those dogs.

imo the kangals arent even the best among the dogs, i think a pitbull can own them in a fight easy.

I doubt it. Like I said I did my research. I can't post links here on Neowin as it would probably be illegal and I don't particularly like looking at dog fights anyway, but the evidence (real evidence) for a Kengal/pitbull face-off is out there. The outcome was that the pitbull got utterly destroyed - and I don't mean just a little bit destroyed, I mean it totally and utterly got it's ass kicked by the Kangal. (It was a bit like watching an amateur featherweight boxer take on the undisputed heavyweight champion of the world. The pitbull never even got on it's feet).

Therefore since we have still yet to see any evidence (since everything else is just speculation) that a tiger would kick a Kangals ass, this still means that a Kangal > than a lion or a tiger and since the pitbull/kangal face-off was a completely one sided competition too, Kangal is also > pitbull.

There has to be a reasonable basis for judging this here. All most of you guys have done is say that xyz would kick a Kangals butt, but no one has provided any evidence for this. The way I judged this is not by speculating about what might happen, but by looking at all the video evidence. In other words in order to judge, there had to be a real fight. So this verdict was arrived at purely on the basis of fights seen. If you guys can provide other evidence (specifically video evidence) to counter this, then feel free. Previously Tiger was the undisputed king that beat everything it encountered, from lions to tigers to bears to water buffalo, to salt water crocodiles, to most other things I could find on YouTube and other video sharing sites too. But the Kangal has at least cast a big doubt on this.

Let's not forget either that this isn't just one Kangal taking on one tiger, it's two Kangals taking on a cage full of lions & tigers and physically dominating and bullying them all.

Also in the name of research there is video evidence out there of the Kengal taking on just about every other breed of dog out there. They are horrible videos to watch, but since you guys keep making unfounded claims without any evidence, if you really wanted to know you could find them like I did. I have yet to see a Kangal lose yet. In the case of pitbulls, there's literally no competition, the Kengal dominates and even kills in some cases. These are really horrible videos, so don't watch them if you don't have to.

The rule of this game is, if there's no video (even if you can't post it) then you can't make the claim!

jebus, you have no clue what you are talking about. how can you call this video your evidence if you have absolutely no idea what was being said in it.

Comeon! It's just a bit of fun... Don't take things so seriously.... Video fights only.

If anybody speaks the language they are speaking, feel free to interpret.

Exactly.

Also in the name of research there is video evidence out there of the Kengal taking on just about every other breed of dog out there. They are horrible videos to watch, but since you guys keep making unfounded claims without any evidence, if you really wanted to know you could find them like I did. I have yet to see a Kangal lose yet. In the case of pitbulls, there's literally no competition, the Kengal dominates and even kills in some cases. These are really horrible videos, so don't watch them if you don't have to.

The rule of this game is, if there's no video (even if you can't post it) then you can't make the claim!

So your saying that because the dogs can beat other dogs, they get the title of Tiger and Lion beater easily, just because we have never been stupid enough to put a Tiger or Lion up against a normal dog ina true fight?

Man the members posting on Neowin seem to understand what evidence is less and less now days.

Basically, you are saying you have done "research" but actually have no proof or evidence at all. Unless you see a tiger or lion actually go up against this dog in a proper fight and have video evidence of it, you cant say that it would beat them.

In the video you posted, all we are seeing is the dogs getting bitchy with the lions\tigers and the lions\tigers play around with them in return as though they are just silly little kids...

From the video you posted, the chinese text says the lions/tigers are just playing with the dogs.

I guess you have no chinese friends either.

Exactly.

So your saying that because the dogs can beat other dogs, they get the title of Tiger and Lion beater easily, just because we have never been stupid enough to put a Tiger or Lion up against a normal dog ina true fight?

Man the members posting on Neowin seem to understand what evidence is less and less now days.

Basically, you are saying you have done "research" but actually have no proof or evidence at all. Unless you see a tiger or lion actually go up against this dog in a proper fight and have video evidence of it, you cant say that it would beat them.

In the video you posted, all we are seeing is the dogs getting bitchy with the lions\tigers and the lions\tigers play around with them in return as though they are just silly little kids...

Man some of you are taking this way too seriously! This is just about video evidence and nothing else. Even if it wasn't a full on fight, the dogs still bitched hard on the big cats and still won the day. You have to admit whatever it is, it's pretty impressive! It's the closest I can come to a full on Kangal/big cat brawl on video. You are not meant to take it too seriously, as it's clearly impossible to arrange fight like this in reality to see the outcome. So that's why I chose video evidence only. There is another breed of dog called a Rhodesian Ridgeback that used to hunt lions, so at least dogs are capable of taking big cats on. The Kangal is probably a fair bit bigger and stronger than the Ridgeback too. (So it's not true that dogs can't take on big cats, the Ridgeback can do it, and has done it and won!)

It's still just speculation though, and is based on the evidence at hand. The evidence suggests at least these dogs are not afraid to take on these big cats. Whatever way you look at it, they're a pretty tough breed of dog!

Yes they are tough dogs.

but they wouldnt beat a tiger/lion in an actual fight :p

a video of a dog bullying a tiger in a 'play fight' cant really be classed as evidence of them being able to beat one in an actual fight, thats just silly :p

fun video though.

Man some of you are taking this way too seriously! This is just about video evidence and nothing else. Even if it wasn't a full on fight, the dogs still bitched hard on the big cats and still won the day. You have to admit whatever it is, it's pretty impressive! It's the closest I can come to a full on Kangal/big cat brawl on video. You are not meant to take it too seriously, as it's clearly impossible to arrange fight like this in reality to see the outcome. So that's why I chose video evidence only. There is another breed of dog called a Rhodesian Ridgeback that used to hunt lions, so at least dogs are capable of taking big cats on. The Kangal is probably a fair bit bigger and stronger than the Ridgeback too. (So it's not true that dogs can't take on big cats, the Ridgeback can do it, and has done it and won!)

It's still just speculation though, and is based on the evidence at hand. The evidence suggests at least these dogs are not afraid to take on these big cats. Whatever way you look at it, they're a pretty tough breed of dog!

Yeah they can win if the pack of dogs takes on one Lion,tiger or bear like, but they don't stand a chance one on one.

And the reason why these dogs aren't afraid is because they are raised together, like someone said a few posts back.

Also these lions and tigers weren't even hungry, judging by how they reacted when a piece of meat was thrown in the cage.