HBO's Game of Thrones

I know, that's why I said "kinda". I don't want to spoil anything for anyone. This is HBO's Game of Thrones so anything that hasn't been clearly stated in the show shouldn't really be brought into discussion.

In the show. As of right now. they breath fire. its a tiny smoke. Watch when Dany feeds the black one meat. He shots a tiny stream of smoke/ fire to burn the meat.

I was expecting more from the battle of blackwater. The green fire battle part was not like the book. I was expecting some epic battle. Tyrion face i was looking forward to how they would show his nose getting cut off and who would save him from drowning, but they removed all that. While the explosion was cool they totally removed the chain.

Wondering how many of you have read the actual series? I read the entire series after watching Season 1. The books are far better, but they've done an amazing job translating it to onscreen.

Yes eve with the changes they are doing really good job. I read the entire series of books.

Also does the hound have a crush on Sansa? I think he sees here as the one pure thing in this life so he treats her so nice.

so last week (backwater) had the least views this season yet it was meant to be the high light of the season.... how does that work :/

237b88e29e4586621a0b9ed1414349d1.png

Also does the hound have a crush on Sansa? I think he sees here as the one pure thing in this life so he treats her so nice.

It's fairly obvious there's a thing between the two of them, I wouldn't really know if I'd call it romantic, though (the books go in that direction slightly more than the TV show). Their interactions and the effects it has on them as characters is brilliant, either way, it's one of the things GRRM is amazing at. I'm glad the show did The Hound justice in the last episode as he finally had room to "breathe."

Too bad...

*book spoiler*

this is the last scene we see between the two.

so last week (backwater) had the least views this season yet it was meant to be the high light of the season.... how does that work :/

237b88e29e4586621a0b9ed1414349d1.png

yeah its a bit weird I did see that

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/timeline/237b88e29e4586621a0b9ed1414349d1.png

Could be because of Memorial Day weekend according to Hibbard at EW:

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/05/30/game-of-thrones-ratings-blackwater/

But didn't season 1 also have an episode aired at it last year?

It's fairly obvious there's a thing between the two of them, I wouldn't really know if I'd call it romantic, though (the books go in that direction slightly more than the TV show). Their interactions and the effects it has on them as characters is brilliant, either way, it's one of the things GRRM is amazing at. I'm glad the show did The Hound justice in the last episode as he finally had room to "breathe."

*book spoiler*

this is the last scene we see between the two.

I got the same thing from reading the books. Wanted to know what others thinking.

In the books he is still violent with almost raping her but holding back. He wants her but does not want to tarnish her.

Holy Crap! Was that

Mance Rayder?

If it was, that was NOT what I was expecting!

I got the same thing from reading the books. Wanted to know what others thinking.

In the books he is still violent with almost raping her but holding back. He wants her but does not want to tarnish her.

Uh, thats not at all what happens.

Holy Crap! Was that

Mance Rayder?

We did not see him in this episode. What I think you are referring to is a

wight/white walker/Other

I'm ****ed they didn't show

1)

The burning of Winterfell

2)

The whole situation between Qhorin Halfhand and Jon Snow. The Halfhand TELLS Snow to kill him. The show made it seem like Snow was a cold-blooded killer.

great images. the highgarden castle just as i imagine it too. I always think the winterfell castle as smaller. bigger than what the show portrays though.

thats what i got out of reading the passage. he wanted her and im pretty sure she did not feel the same.

My goodness! What an ending. I can't remember the last time a TV show has made me feel tense.

I felt sorry for Samwell Tarly when Grenn and Eddison abandoned him. The White Walker with the ice spear actually looked intimidating. And the sound he made will haunt me in my nightmares.

Season 3 is going to be amazing.

He came to her, held her at knife point, threatened to kill her, and later almost regrets not raping her, which is shown when Arya leaves him. You can argue it was the pain of him realizing he left her for the Lannisters (and Tyrion), that he simply says that he should have raped/killed her himself because of the hurt, but it's pretty clear why some people would think of it like that. I think it's far more complex, but you can't really say "it's not at all what happens" as it looks a lot like it.

1)

The burning of Winterfell

2)

The whole situation between Qhorin Halfhand and Jon Snow. The Halfhand TELLS Snow to kill him. The show made it seem like Snow was a cold-blooded killer.

1) I guess it would be the usual budget restraints, I didn't feel it hurt the story, made the kids coming out and seeing it that much sadder.

2) Didn't he tell him in the last episode that he should do whatever it takes?

Either way, even in the books you can tell Jon is conflicted and struggling the entire time he spends with the wildlings.

Holy Crap! Was that

Mance Rayder?

Mance Rayder is the leader of the wildlings. Wildlings are humans.

Since I noticed this was confusing some of my friends as well:

Wildlings are the free people north of the wall. They have their 'king' Mance Rayder, who was a former member of the Night's Watch.

White Walkers (in the books also referred to as The Others) are the icey/human-y creatures thought to be extinct centuries ago. They are no more than a myth to most people.

But as you can see, they're for real-real

Wights are regular human beings which were resurrected by the White Walkers.

Latest episodes showed the White Walker 'commander' leading a group of White Walkers along with the wights

thats what i got out of reading the passage. he wanted her and im pretty sure she did not feel the same.

Are you sure you're not thinking of her scenes with Tyrion? Thats more in line with what you're saying.

Wee bit disappointed with the ending of Season 2. But seeing as I've read the books that was to be expected.

I was fully expecting the House of the Undead plotline to be used as a device to accelerate the growth of the dragons.

I do wonder how the they are going to work in the high fantasy elements. It gets a lot more magical in later books. Particularly when Arya arc develops.

My goodness! What an ending. I can't remember the last time a TV show has made me feel tense.

I felt sorry for Samwell Tarly when Grenn and Eddison abandoned him. The White Walker with the ice spear actually looked intimidating. And the sound he made will haunt me in my nightmares.

Season 3 is going to be amazing.

Yeah amazing! I squeed big time at the end!

The ratings for Sunday night?s Season 2 finale of Game of Thrones slaughtered the HBO hit?s first-season closer, drawing a series-high 4.2 million total viewers with its 9 o?clock airing. That marks an improvement of 38 percent over the 3 million who tuned in for Season 1?s finale.