HBO's Game of Thrones

Joffrey made a big mistake by making Tywin the kings hand, one wrong word and he'll get the ass-whooping of his lifetime :woot:

Joffrey made a big mistake by making Tywin the kings hand, one wrong word and he'll get the ass-whooping of his lifetime :woot:

one can only hope! :D

Mistakes get you killed in this series. Making Tywin hand was not a mistake, just as Tywin sending Tyrion to King's Landing in his place was not a mistake.

The ratings for Sunday night?s Season 2 finale of Game of Thrones slaughtered the HBO hit?s first-season closer, drawing a series-high 4.2 million total viewers with its 9 o?clock airing. That marks an improvement of 38 percent over the 3 million who tuned in for Season 1?s finale.

It is now also the third most watched HBO show, after True Blood and Sopranos (1st).

'Game of Thrones': HBO sorry for George W Bush head on spike scene

RmrG7.jpg

HBO has apologised for a scene in Game of Thrones which appeared to depict George W Bush's head on a spike.

A prosthetic version of the 43rd president's severed head with a wig is visible in the first season finale of the medieval fantasy.

During the DVD commentary, showrunners David Benioff and DB Weiss admitted: "George Bush's head appears in a couple of beheading scenes."

They added: "It's not a choice, it's not a political statement. We just had to use whatever head we had around."

Following the outcry over the scene, Benioff and Weiss said: "We use a lot of prosthetic body parts on the show: heads, arms, etc.

"We can't afford to have these all made from scratch, especially in scenes where we need a lot of them, so we rent them in bulk."

They added: "After the scene was already shot, someone pointed out that one of the heads looked like George W Bush.

"In the DVD commentary, we mentioned this, though we should not have. We meant no disrespect to the former President and apologise if anything we said or did suggested otherwise."

HBO added: "We were deeply dismayed to see this and find it unacceptable, disrespectful and in very bad taste.

"We made this clear to the executive producers of the series who apologised immediately for this inadvertent careless mistake.

"We are sorry this happened and will have it removed from any future DVD production."

Looks like it's going be every April they do a new season. I hope they keep the standard up because season two really left me on the edge of my seat in excitement and astonishment at times. I have no shame in admitting that I shouted excitedly at the television on many occasion as the season drew to a close.

Looks like it's going be every April they do a new season. I hope they keep the standard up because season two really left me on the edge of my seat in excitement and astonishment at times. I have no shame in admitting that I shouted excitedly at the television on many occasion as the season drew to a close.

The series is just warming up.

As far as I'm concerned. Looks nothing like G W Bush.

there's 3 heads up there, Starks, the woman and then Bush as seen in the picture I posted...its the end one

Are you sure you're not thinking of her scenes with Tyrion? Thats more in line with what you're saying.

No I know he almost wanted her too. as he was on top of her and then withdrew, but for him it is just sex. I think for the dog, even forceful..it would be him making love.

Season finale was rock on. Even with the changes to the store over the season I thought it worked out great.

there's 3 heads up there, Starks, the woman and then Bush as seen in the picture I posted...its the end one

ah right, I saw an article and they'd said it was used for Ned Starks head which I found odd. They were clearly wrong. Still, doesn't look TOO much like him.

Either way, top banter from the production crew.

• 2 weeks later...

MRcQ3.jpg

Game of Thrones may have found its Blackfish.

A London-based talent management company has posted that one of its actors, Clive Russell, has landed the role of Ser Brynden ?The Blackfish? Tully in the show?s third season. HBO is refusing to confirm or deny any Thrones casting news for the time being.

For non-book readers, The Blackfish is a strong warrior who helps Robb Stark?s campaign against the Lannisters. Russell has a long string of British film and TV credits, as well as a role in the recent Hollywood sequel Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows (and sure looks like a Westeros resident).

http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/07/02/game-of-thrones-casting-blackfish/

pjhE5.jpg

Asim Ahmad, a British-raised theater actor whose past entertainment work include uncredited bit parts in The Dark Knight and Inception as well as doing some writing for Marvel Comics in the early 00s, is rumored to have been cast as Thoros of Myr, a red priest of the Lord of Light and fearsome warrior. The character was mentioned in the first season (and actually appeared in the first book), and according to one admittedly very secondhand source is a part that "would require [Ahmad] to be in 13 episodes." Since each Game of Thrones season is definitely only ten episodes ? it's the only way to keep the gargantuan production costs even remotely under control ? there's a lot of ways to parse that, but the simplest is probably just to say it's a bit of garbled information and that the key thing is that Ahmad ? who has tweeted an acknowledgment of the rumors ? seems decently likely to be taking on the role, and it should be a major part in the series. Of course, it's still best to take these things with a grain of salt until we have something more substantial.

http://www.spoilertv.com/2012/07/game-of-thrones-season-3-is-asim-ahmad.html

• 2 weeks later...