HBO's Game of Thrones

The show will definitely not be for everyone. I haven't seen it yet (not here in Norway til May (curses!)), but if it's even remotely like the books then it's going to be very dense and complicated: it's not popcorn TV in other words. There is some battles and fighting, but it's just as much about political intrigue and plotting etc.

And yes, it's going to be 10 episode seasons per book (HBO don't generally do the 20+ episode seasons like NBC etc do), although there's some hope that season 3 (book 3) might get more episodes as it's a huge book, and in paperback form was split in two for european publication in order to keep the font at a reasonable size.

If you enjoy the TV series and are a reader, I would highly recommend reading the books. No other book or book series has had me off my chair and on my feet staring disbelievingly at the page more than these, as cliched as that sounds.

If it follows the books closely and it seems to be then the pacing will get better.

Just a tip for anyone who likes this show and perhaps a slight spoiler:

don't get attached to any characters.

:rofl:

Im not loving this, I think I would have to had read the books to enjoy this as some parts are not that clear and there seems to be no feeling for any of the characters on my part - and thats not normal for me.

what about tyrion?

I'm almost at the end of the 2nd book and so far he's alive, so he definitely won't die this season :p

I actually really enjoyed this episode. I don't know why, but with this one I kind of just "got it".

yeah same, I preferred this episode to any of them so far

this guy > everyone else

khRRK.jpg

yeah same, I preferred this episode to any of them so far

this guy > everyone else

khRRK.jpg

Yeah, he's awesome in the books too.

well, i have to say the episodes are getting better and better, so it's best to give this show a chance

the writers are doing a fine job with the characters because i already hate the lannisters

:rofl:

Lol Rappy, what are the odds. Goes to show shes taking the time to invest in her fans as she is unknown to mainstream media.

As for Imp, I would have never thought a the midget would be so grandeur, philosophical, and kindhearted. He truly transcends the show to a higher level of meaning with all the primal motives and themes playing around him.

For those who saw the FIRST episode, can you give me a quick rundown on what happened at the end? Who was that little kid? Is the lady that was engaged in the sex scene, the kings wife?

For those who saw the FIRST episode, can you give me a quick rundown on what happened at the end? Who was that little kid? Is the lady that was engaged in the sex scene, the kings wife?

Marked as spolier for those who haven't watched the series yet ;)

He was Eddard Stark's son, Bran, and he caught Queen Cersei having sex with her brother Jaime Lannister.