Internet Explorer 7 Wish Lists?

There will be no ie7

there will be an ie.net

It will have tighter .net integration i would guess

I wish that it would have a much more advanced way of andling downloads, making them quicker, and integrating them into the ie window rather than that annoying seperate dialog.

Hell all dialogs should appear on some kind of sidebar rather than making the interface messy with additional popups.

Also, better ftp and remote folders support would be useful would also be great.

• 1 month later...

I DEMAND IE 7 have a Resume Download feature....

GOD, it ****es off, on several occasions, I am downloading BIG files using 56K, and I lose connection! :mad: :mad:

Microsoft needs to listen to its userbase more often.. if they did.. it would be certainly help in legal battles..

If microsoft is going by what the users what... and that is what drove its products.. Micrsoft would be in a good legal position..

Anyhow.. Onto the list

INTERNET EXPLORER 7.0

1. A Download Manager.. just a lite version that manages/resumes downloads nothing more

-Perhaps like a button and tab like the history.

2. GUI

-The ability to undock or "clone" the "back, forward, and such" buttons and place them on the taskbar. Perhaps even put delete buttons and such from explorer as well

-The ability to move buttons/toolbars anywhere "left, bottom, etc"

-XML GUI for skinability

3 Window management

-Ability to "LOCK" the window position and/or dock it.

-When docked to the left/right side you can leave a space open for easy desktop access.

4. Code

-REMOVE

-Webpage's ability to fill up the entire screen (Full screen)

-Webpage's ability to remove window controls

-Webpage's ability to create windows offscreen

-Protect againsed spyware loggers and such

WINDOWS MESSENGER 5.0

1. Intergration with AIM (hellya)

2. Dockability!!!

Originally posted by betax

WINDOWS MESSENGER 5.0

It would be nice to see, but it'll never happen. :(

It's NOT really Microsoft fault, that's because the Damn AOL just won't share their screen names with other companies.

And, I like the F11 (Full Screen) idea, myself!

Originally posted by JediXAngel

I DEMAND IE 7 have a Resume Download feature....

GOD, it ****es off, on several occasions, I am downloading BIG files using 56K, and I lose connection! :mad: :mad:

Netscape 7.0 PR1 has this feature. I am sure that it will be included in IE 7.0. Don't expect IE 7.0 until late next year though. Historically there have been 2 Service Packs of the current product before the new version is released. IE 6.0 came out after IE 5.0 SP2 (5.5..eh), IE 5.0 came out after IE 4.0 SP2.

And whoever posted that there is going to be an IE .NET...that statement is almost as lame as some of the screenshots people try to pass as future versions of windows.

Microsoft needs to listen to its userbase more often.. if they did.. it would be certainly help in legal battles..

If microsoft is going by what the users what... and that is what drove its products.. Micrsoft would be in a good legal position..

Anyhow.. Onto the list

INTERNET EXPLORER 7.0

1. A Download Manager.. just a lite version that manages/resumes downloads nothing more

2. GUI

-The ability to undock or "clone" the "back, forward, and such" buttons and place them on the taskbar. Perhaps even put delete buttons and such from explorer as well

-XML GUI for skinability

3 Window management

-When docked to the left/right side you can leave a space open for easy desktop access.

4. Code

-REMOVE

WINDOWS MESSENGER 5.0

2. Dockability!!!

1. -> Agree.

Answer to 2. -> Buy an Intellimouse with back and forward buttons. XML GUI doesn't make an application skinable. Skinning applications cause resource hogs. Leave that to 3rd Parties.

Answer to 3. -> Cascade your windows.

Answer to 4. -> You would have to disable scripting.

Answer to Messenger 5. -> That was MSN Messenger 1 and 2. AOL blocks it.

Yeah, I think we can all agree that a d/l manager would be a great addition to Internet Explorer. I think that the following should also be included:

Pop-up ad remover

Improved favorites management besides browsing the folder

Skinning

And speaking of pop-ups, I hope that this would get rid of those popups that you cannot close by just clicking on the X or right-clicking on the taskbar and closing it (this was mentioned by betax, I think). You could not even use ALT-F10, so you would have to use Task Manager to close it. I hate those kind of popups!

Originally posted by superrcat

Answer to 2. -> Buy an Intellimouse with back and forward buttons. XML GUI doesn't make an application skinable. Skinning applications cause resource hogs. Leave that to 3rd Parties.

Answer to 4. -> You would have to disable scripting.

2. It would seem that if an XML skinning feature similar to Mozilla's was used and not free-form skinning, then it would not be a big resource hog, but Mozilla is kinda slow, though.

4. Let's just find a way to disable pop-ups altogether, and we will not have to worry about that.

Anyhow.. Onto the list

INTERNET EXPLORER 7.0

2. GUI

-XML GUI for skinability

3 Window management

4. Code

-REMOVE

WINDOWS MESSENGER 5.0

2. Dockability!!!

Not wanting to start a browser war or anything, but i just want to state that most of the features you have talked about are currently available from Mozilla . It uses XML/XUL for skinning (skinning is great btw :) )

It has the download manager, A simple one, but does the job as you stated... And you can edit the Code stuff to do the things you want, like give it the ability to resize the window or not, etc..

here is an example of what i am talking about...

mozscriptsettings.jpg

Hopefully that helped you,

Blackwar :cool:

Originally posted by lazydesert

i want to be able to copy text, drag up to address bar, and have it pasted in there..

damn! that bugs me soo much!!

What do you mean? Like if there is a web address that is not linked there should be a "Copy to address bar" function that should automatically copy the selected text to the address bar. This would be a good feature.

EDIT: Oh, I see. You want to have the ability to drag non-linked text from a web page or a document up to the address bar.

Originally posted by codyg11

What do you mean? Like if there is a web address that is not linked there should be a "Copy to address bar" function that should automatically copy the selected text to the address bar. This would be a good feature.

EDIT: Oh, I see. You want to have the ability to drag non-linked text from a web page or a document up to the address bar.

both of those would be great :D

You all know.. that when AIM intergrates any Video features.. it is forced to open up ;-) It was part of the AOL/TW agreement

Anyhow.. an extension to my code mod idieas.

How about the ability to actually specify certain codes and scripts that you do not want it to run and/or have it run a different script in its place.

You will be provided with standard scripts to block like mozilla yet have the ability to personally add scripts. Thus allowing you to block all those "commet cursor" "embed tags" and so on.

heck, why not have the ability to have a toggle button on the taskbar.. in case you DO need to have a feature for a page to work.

Originally posted by vraa

i thought mozilla was already out..:paranoid:

True, but mozilla does have its disadvantages as it does not support IE standards, causing some pages to incorrectly display :D