Battlefield: Bad Company 2

gkl

EA is doing maintenance on Tuesdays. Though it's possible that they are doing some emergency stuff.

• 2 weeks later...
gkl

FYI a new patch is coming. I have to say, didn't expect this at all. http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2-pc-patch-feedback/1419876-client-r11-beta-patch-795745-a.html

Removed some memory leaks

Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes)

Chat window no longer causes lag spikes

Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini

Clantag is remembered when using auto-login

Banner URLs can be up to 252 characters in length

SecuROM wrapper removed from non-Steam version

Minor performance improvements

Reduced rubberbanding on >24player servers

Yusuf M.

FYI a new patch is coming. I have to say, didn't expect this at all. http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/bc2-pc-patch-feedback/1419876-client-r11-beta-patch-795745-a.html

Going by what DICE has done in the past, they'll continue to support the game for as long as possible. Of course, the frequency of patches would go down drastically with the release of Battlefield 3.

• 3 weeks later...
Singh400

Just installed the new patch ready for tomorrow (Y)

ahmz

2GB for this? Strange

Fixed crashes when the game attempted to render lots of content (high detail, high FOV or multiple-monitor modes)

Chat window reworked opacity & visibility-time is controllable through settings in settings.ini

+trag3dy

2GB for this? Strange

Because when they patch a certain file inside one of those bigger files thanks to the incredibly inefficient way they designed their game they have to replace the entire file. So the change could be to a file that is 2kb, but if that 2kb file is stored inside of a larger archive they have to replace the entire thing. It's stupid and annoying. Hopefully they fixed this with BF3.

+trag3dy

So I played a few games today and I noticed that all the things that were annoying in the game a year ago when I last played are still annoying today. :laugh:

ToneKnee

So I played a few games today and I noticed that all the things that were annoying in the game a year ago when I last played are still annoying today. :laugh:

The worst update they did was how they handicapped the M95. When Bad Company 2 was first released, if you had that sniper rifle and it hit someone, they would be dead, simple But now the only time you can kill someone with a M95 is with a headshot or if the player you shot at was already injured. It definitely has a different feel to it that what it used to be like.

Lucas

Because when they patch a certain file inside one of those bigger files thanks to the incredibly inefficient way they designed their game they have to replace the entire file. So the change could be to a file that is 2kb, but if that 2kb file is stored inside of a larger archive they have to replace the entire thing. It's stupid and annoying. Hopefully they fixed this with BF3.

No, it's just because they included all the old patches in there.

gkl

The worst update they did was how they handicapped the M95. When Bad Company 2 was first released, if you had that sniper rifle and it hit someone, they would be dead, simple But now the only time you can kill someone with a M95 is with a headshot or if the player you shot at was already injured. It definitely has a different feel to it that what it used to be like.

I don't think that's the case. Always have been 2 hits to the body or one headshot (the way it should be), unless you play on hardcore. Then with magnum ammo it's OHK to body at any range which is bull****.

Paul Ferson

I have no issues getting kills with the M95, after the handicapping. It means that the gun handles a bit differently, granted, but I don't consider that a bad thing. The M95 was almost too easy to use in the past, so I welcomed the additional challenge. At present using Magnum Ammo with it gives it an overall damage of 99/100, meaning that a chest shot won't always kill but it will leave the enemy in a position where a kill is virtually guaranteed. If they've already been injured then it's virtually a guaranteed kill. With the M95's bullet drop being at an absolute minimum though, getting headshots isn't really difficult. I like the M95, but I have moved back the GOL, the SV-98, and the M24, in order to keep my play-style varied.

gkl

@Ferson

Every gun has exactly the same amount of bullet drop...

Also, what 99/100 damage? Damage output depends highly on the range. M95 has almost double OHK range of other bolt actions but it is still limited to 18m. And after 36m or so it deals 55 damage without magnum ammo. http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

+trag3dy

No, it's just because they included all the old patches in there.

That's not how they explained their patch process a long time ago. I'm not saying you're wrong, it's just around the time the game came out they explained it to us differently.

Paul Ferson

Every gun has exactly the same amount of bullet drop...

Also, what 99/100 damage? Damage output depends highly on the range. M95 has almost double OHK range of other bolt actions but it is still limited to 18m. And after 36m or so it deals 55 damage without magnum ammo. http://denkirson.xanga.com/722757523/bad-company-2/

Wait, they do?! I thought they were all slightly different. :o

As for the 99/100, I thought it was something like 99% damage the M95 caused? Well, I stand corrected!

+trag3dy

Nope, all guns have the same exact bullet drop. Doesn't matter if it be is a pistol or the m95. It would be nice if this is something they change in BF3, I haven't heard anything about that.

• 1 month later...
Kerm

Sure some of you will have seen this, but even if you're not a solid BC2 fan this is an excellent frag video regardless!!