"17" error

first of all I'm new to MAC (i've always had PC's for games & broader compatibilty) and just installed OSX on my aunt's iMAC... AND IT TOTALLY ROCKS! I love OSX! Anyways I've finished installing CD1 and then it asked for CD2 which I don't have yet (it's in anothre house with other macs) and when I try and install a USB ADSL modem i get a big 17 when launching package and a quit button on the bottom right of install window and NO other choice. WHta can I do? Thanks!

What do u mean, you get a "big 17" ?! ... Anychance of an image capture, it might help!

Oh, and dude, there's no need for 'Mac' to be capitalised, its a bug-bear in this forum :p

Welcome! ;)

the 17 is when I should be asked for administrator privileges and enter my password, it's at the same place as the license info...

hmmmm...! So when u begin the installer, it asks for a Username (which is usually pre-filled out, with the current logged user) and a Password? ... so you enter your password, and then recieve this 17? ... Does it appear as like an Error box? ... is it "Error 17" ?!

If so, maybe you're entering incorrect details?! *shrug*

no the 17 appears BEFORE I get the prompt, and the installer works for Safari or iTunes... It's just for this package that I get a 17 instead of the "autorisation" screen... This is really weird!

Never mind I just figured out the drivers werw not Jaguar compatible..... I found cracked ones! But thanks anyways! MAC (I mean Mac) rules!