Guy uses a 'Free PS3' fraudulent coupon to get a free PS3

If the system relies on the barcode solely for declaring what discount it should offer, then no it won't be closed up quickly at all!

I expect cashiers at Toys'R'Us will soon be told to check off coupons against a list of known legit ones.

lol

i always thought this barcodes were scanned and checked with an online database for its validity. everything seems to be online these days.

can someone make me an atari 2600 with a river raid cartridge and a 100 inch led television coupon? not really a fan of ps3 consoles...

I'm too scared to try it. I printed one out to see how it looks, and it looks very legit. :pinch:

Dont even think about it!!!!! Do you wanna go to Jail for few hundred bucks???

The biggest mistake this dude did was upload that screenshot from his iPhone to 4chan. People on 4chan could pretty much get all the info needed from the EXIF that had gps and geolocation information.

If he didn't post that picture, he would have gotten away with it.

I'm too scared to try it. I printed one out to see how it looks, and it looks very legit. :pinch:

I'd be scared too because if they caught you......

The biggest mistake this dude did was upload that screenshot from his iPhone to 4chan. People on 4chan could pretty much get all the info needed from the EXIF that had gps and geolocation information.

If he didn't post that picture, he would have gotten away with it.

Looks like he's smarter than you think http://regex.info/exif.cgi?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imgdash.com%2Fuploads%2Fd8c98_freeps3.png

If anyone ever tried using one of these fake coupons, I suggest you say you got it from a friend or something if anyone asks. And ALWAYS bring enough money to pay full retail price for what your attempting to buy. Also, if they do question it, offer to pay full price and do not ask for the coupon back.

Chances are your screwed either way for being stupid, but if your going to try and fail, at least try to get them to let you pay full price without prosecuting you.

I've heard this works better if you use it with a few legit coupons as well. Never done it myself though, don't have the need for extra money that bad that I have to print off fake coupons to try to save a bit here and there.

People at /b/ has been posting a way to make coupons that actually work.

d8c98_freeps3.png

I have a zip of all these coupons which include Free XBOX 360 controllers, free 4000 XBOX points, free 20 packs of Dr. Pepper and so forth, don't intend on using them though :shiftyninja:

pass them on then :)

I don't think I would have the balls to try using them either, but I wouldn't mind checking the coupons out..

you think people on 4chan have the sanity to know better? :p

Dude let me get those coupons!

People at /b/ has been posting a way to make coupons that actually work.

d8c98_freeps3.png

I have a zip of all these coupons which include Free XBOX 360 controllers, free 4000 XBOX points, free 20 packs of Dr. Pepper and so forth, don't intend on using them though :shiftyninja:

Ugh, cashiers are dumb. I work at a convenience store and we just won't accept any coupons with that template. Pretty easy fix to not get screwed.

Just create a new template... :shiftyninja:

But what if you were given the coupon from a friend and didn't know it was fake?

If your friend stole a car and then lent it to you, you'd still be busted.

But what if you were given the coupon from a friend and didn't know it was fake?

I would get a new friend - it still constitutes fraud and it'd still be your ass on the line, not his.

-Spenser