• Sign in to Neowin Faster!

    Create an account on Neowin to contribute and support the site.

Sign in to follow this  

Guy uses a 'Free PS3' fraudulent coupon to get a free PS3

Recommended Posts

Rudy    457

Anyone notice he paid $100 in cash just for $25? I wonder if he paid with fake bills... :rofl:

Hahah I was thinking the same thing

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Orange    123

me wants!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.    29,658

Anyone notice he paid $100 in cash just for $25? I wonder if he paid with fake bills... :rofl:

yeah clearly the guy is either making fake money or is loaded anyway and could afford to buy a PS3 :laugh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MytMowse    1

I remember a while back, there was a hack in the Wal-Mart bar code system. People would print out their own bar codes and place the new bar code over the old one, and it worked.

Wal-Mart caught on to it though and changed their system.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azusa    930

People at /b/ has been posting a way to make coupons that actually work.

d8c98_freeps3.png

I have a zip of all these coupons which include Free XBOX 360 controllers, free 4000 XBOX points, free 20 packs of Dr. Pepper and so forth, don't intend on using them though :shiftyninja:

I call Fake for various reasons

1. it's from /b/ those guys A never leave their room's and B they're all 12 to 18 year olds

2. you could easily print off a fake receipt

3. c'mon it's 4chan you think 4chan is capable of doing anything other than trolling?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrChainsaw    25

I call Fake for various reasons

1. it's from /b/ those guys A never leave their room's and B they're all 12 to 18 year olds

2. you could easily print off a fake receipt

3. c'mon it's 4chan you think 4chan is capable of doing anything other than trolling?

You fail, there's a whole guide on how to do this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azusa    930

You fail, there's a whole guide on how to do this.

where at some 4chan splinter site?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
ocsynthetics    1

I call Fake for various reasons

1. it's from /b/ those guys A never leave their room's and B they're all 12 to 18 year olds

2. you could easily print off a fake receipt

3. c'mon it's 4chan you think 4chan is capable of doing anything other than trolling?

You spend too much time in neowin land. 90% of /b/ is utter crap, the other 10% is amazing stuff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MrChainsaw    25

where at some 4chan splinter site?

Just google it...sheeesh

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Solid Knight    511

4chan is that site full of racists and rapists, right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
c3ntury    133

LOL.

This is pretty good, i must admit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Damo R.    29,658

4chan is that site full of racists and rapists, right?

pretty much most the memes originates from there as well :unsure:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azusa    930

Just google it...sheeesh

I wasn't asking for it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I am Reid    45

The bar code system was 'hacked' and you can make your coupons with this program. I have the program, can't figure it out though. So when the cashier scans it, it comes up as a manufacturer coupon with proper discount.

no 4chan did not do some "1337" hacks or anything stupid like that,this has been around longer then 4chan. You just make a simple barcode that the scanner can read the numbers used are not hard to find. Then just make a real looking coupon in MS paint.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Azusa    930

You spend too much time in neowin land. 90% of /b/ is utter crap, the other 10% is amazing stuff.

No it's not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rigby    1,577

You spend too much time in neowin land. 90% of /b/ is utter crap, the other 10% is amazing stuff.

Amazing to you maybe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
DCohen726    0

I'd never think of attempting this, but for anyone who will, it might help if the cashier was your friend cause he wouldn't question it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Rigby    1,577

I wouldn't want to get my friend fired though, not that I'd ever do it anyway. Aside from the fact that it is stealing plain and simple, I'd be too afraid of getting caught. Can you imagine how embarrassing it would be in front of the whole store...that and the whole going to jail thing.

I think printable coupons will be going away eventually. It's too easy to pull stuff like this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Udedenkz    51

No it's not.

Well,

There is porn and humor. Everyone enjoys that.

If you are a racist, more humor. Sexist? More humor...

Horribly disgusting body mutilation, etc is also prominent. Always keeps you asking "How is that possible?"

Etc.

As for 4chan in general,

All other boards are really good. I visit w most frequently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
iamwhoiam    69

Its all a matter of perspective.

I find it amazing that you support someone stealing and think it's amazing that they're doing it.

I just want to say thank you to those that have made it possible for prices of good to go even higher.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Digitalx    17

haha that was a very interesting method of getting a ps3 even if only 1 guy got away with it

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.