[i] Sword & Sworcery EP (s:s&s EP)

So I was browsing through Kotaku today which led me to an article about this game. The writer considered it one of the most impressive games he saw at GDC. This led me to find out more about the game in its official website

http://www.swordandsworcery.com/

The game really reminds me of old Sierra adventure games. It really is beautiful, and I'll definitely be buying on day one. Here is the site's description of the game:

////////////////////////////////// SUPERBROTHERS: SWORD & SWORCERY EP is...

• a brave experiment in I/O cinema
  • a fresh approach to adventure & action designed for Apple's touchtronic machinery.
  • a 21st century update to the pioneering works of Miyamoto, Mechner & Chahi.
  • the recipient of the 'Achievement in Art' award from the 2010 IGF Mobile.
  • a crude videogame haiku about life, love & death.
  • a showcase for a style of painterly pixel artwork familiar to readers of Wired & The New York Times.
  • a videogame EP featuring music by a rockstar & critically acclaimed composer.
  • created with a broad, literate audience in mind.
  • a choice cut of myth & dreams.
  • still hip deep in the creation process
  • scheduled for release into the untamed wilderness of the App Store in Q2 2010

Here we enjoy a quiet pre-dawn walk in the woods, a relatively laid back introduction to the world of S:S&S EP with an emphasis on mood and style.

Here we participate in a battle to the death betwixt The Scythian & The Grizzled Boor that hearkens back to the simplicity & immediacy of Mike Tyson's Punch-Out by Nintendo.

Even the combat seems quite interesting

http://vimeo.com/10067073

and here's how the game handles off-screen

Now the big question, will it run properly on a 3G? I bought Worms a while back only to find out it lags like mad on a 3G..... >_>

This looks excellent, very old school Lucasarts. The only issue I can see is your finger getting in the way a lot (A generic problem with iphone games i guess)