Sherlock (UK BBC Series)

• 1 month later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

i like the show and watch it but it's terribly hyped up, one of the many on the bbc. yeah we know the bbc doesn't churn out great shows all the time so they have a few they hype up a lot to make it seem like they are awesome.

every now and then they show an advert between programmes saying "BBC the One to watch" as if they are the best channel on tv....and they usually use clips existing shows or upcoming ones.

i roll my eyes when they hype up the latest eastenders plot as they are all the same and horrible. 

dr who

sherlock

eastenders (crap)

holby (crap)

strictly (crap)

the bake off (watchable)

i wish there was no tv license at times, we pay them to air a load of ..poop.. most of the time.

with the exception of the odd good show like;

the musketeers, ripper street, death in paradise, top gear, the various docu's on One / 2 / FOUR and the odd game show

Saturdays never been the same since the days of big break, generation game, noel's house party are long past.

rant over

On 21/1/2017 at 11:41 AM, Slarlac249 said:

i like the show and watch it but it's terribly hyped up, one of the many on the bbc. yeah we know the bbc doesn't churn out great shows all the time so they have a few they hype up a lot to make it seem like they are awesome.

every now and then they show an advert between programmes saying "BBC the One to watch" as if they are the best channel on tv....and they usually use clips existing shows or upcoming ones.

i roll my eyes when they hype up the latest eastenders plot as they are all the same and horrible. 

dr who

sherlock

eastenders (crap)

holby (crap)

strictly (crap)

the bake off (watchable)

i wish there was no tv license at times, we pay them to air a load of ..poop.. most of the time.

with the exception of the odd good show like;

the musketeers, ripper street, death in paradise, top gear, the various docu's on One / 2 / FOUR and the odd game show

Saturdays never been the same since the days of big break, generation game, noel's house party are long past.

rant over

YOu rumble about the plot then make comparisons with a car show and game shows? :rofl:  I think you not liking sherlock is mostly down to it not being your type of show?

24368947.jpg

• Like 2

Found the first episode to be decent, second was pretty good, third a mixed bag. I'm really disappointed that

Moriarty is really dead. His death, while shocking at the time to raise the immediate stakes, was ultimately unfulfilling. The greatest enemy for the world's greatest, er, second, er, third smartest person kills himself just to make a single choice more difficult. That being Moriarty's end was almost as unfulfilling as Magnussen being the villain for series three.

On 1/19/2017 at 1:25 PM, Draconian Guppy said:

Can't believe nobody has commented how awesomesauce this season was!

Hmm i liked it fat less then the previous seasons.  Esp ep1 was just tedious.... 

But i guess tastes differ.  

Do you watch Elementary?

15 hours ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

Hmm i liked it fat less then the previous seasons.  Esp ep1 was just tedious.... 

But i guess tastes differ.  

Do you watch Elementary?

Nope, never had anyone recommend it before? How does it compare to sherlock?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Draconian Guppy said:

Nope, never had anyone recommend it before? How does it compare to sherlock?

I like it.  Lucy Liu plays Joan  Watson  -  Sherlock has a female doctor assistant. And he also in USA, and after drug rehab for heroin. Watson is his sober companion.

I am not watching the latest season,  but I enjoyed first 4 seasons a lot.     About same for me as BBC sherlock in enjoyment, even though it is quite different.

1 hour ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

I like it.  Lucy Liu plays Joan  Watson  -  Sherlock has a female doctor assistant. And he also in USA, and after drug rehab for heroin. Watson is his sober companion.

I am not watching the latest season,  but I enjoyed first 4 seasons a lot.     About same for me as BBC sherlock in enjoyment, even though it is quite different.

different in what way?

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Draconian Guppy said:

different in what way?

well, it is less british, as it happens in USA. 

some cases stretch for many episodes, some are just 1 episode.   some episodes are not even cases.   

Anyway, if you like Sherlock Holmes and/or solving police cases,  I think you would enjoy it.  

However there are a lot of episodes. 108 so far.  and each one is 40 min.

At first I was not sure, since I watched Sherlock first, that the American version will work, but Jonny Lee Miller is very good as Sherlock, and Lucy Liu does a surprisingly good job as his assistant.

13 minutes ago, E.worm Jimmy said:

well, it is less british, as it happens in USA. 

some cases stretch for many episodes, some are just 1 episode.   some episodes are not even cases.   

Anyway, if you like Sherlock Holmes and/or solving police cases,  I think you would enjoy it.  

However there are a lot of episodes. 108 so far.  and each one is 40 min.

At first I was not sure, since I watched Sherlock first, that the American version will work, but Jonny Lee Miller is very good as Sherlock, and Lucy Liu does a surprisingly good job as his assistant.

imma have to watch the pilot, as long as there is witty deductions, i'm game!

• Like 1